ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Meet

WDMHawk72

HR MVP
Aug 14, 2016
Counting down. Is that gonna be televised?

Curios if Brands will send full line up or duck a few matches. Like Young v Carr. He likes to do that early in year.

I'd imagine on Cyclone TV for sure if you have mediacom. Havent checked if Flo has the rights too.

Its gonna be a sunday funday for sure!!

Kudos to you for ignoring his idiotic comment and focusing on the reasonable question. Per cyclones.com, the dual will be on Flowrestling.

Uh Spooner. Please refer back a year ago. Plenty of people bitching about attending early season duals only to see guys sit. Just facts man.

Uh Spooner. Please refer back a year ago. Plenty of people bitching about attending early season duals only to see guys sit. Just facts man.

LOL you're seriously STILL not convinced Iowa was dealing with significant illness and injury in the early season and that's why guys like Lee and Stoll sat some early? Like, you couldn't see it with your own two eyes, then later comments from the coaches didn't clinch it?

Put another way, you think Warner, Lee and Stoll ducked powerhouse wrestlers from the likes of Bakersfield, Kent State, Princeton, Purdue and Lehigh? And this is a "fact"?

K.

Last edited:
In case anyone has forgotten or wasn’t aware, there will be a Hawkeye Huddle at Jethro’s in Ames from 11:00 to 1:00. Great way to add to the festivities of the day.

There will be a DJ, door prizes, free appetizers, and two cash bars. Apps won’t be unlimited but should be available for about the first 30-60 minutes. If you want a full lunch, plan on ordering from the menu.

There will be some alums in attendance, and Gable is hoping to be there between 11:00 and 12:00 (he’s being honored with the 1970 ISU team and has to attend a function before the meet). Going to be a great crowd and a great time.

Hope to see you all there and at Hilton!

I already have my tickets. There will be 5 of us there. Our seats are in section 123 which is the middle section on the east side of Hilton. They are almost exactly where I was two years ago.
I also went to the pre-meet party. Great time. I even had the opportunity to sit and talk with Spencer's mom for a bit.

Reactions: IAChief32
I know I can buy GA tickets but looking for decent seats but not paying $80 a ticket like they are asking on aftermarket. I see they are still selling season tickets and can get section 109 row 10 so not sure when they stop selling season tickets and open those seats up to the public?

Isu ticket office. Only 25 bucks for GA. Gotv4 yesterday. Best hundo I've spent in a long time.

LOL you're seriously STILL not convinced Iowa was dealing with significant illness and injury in the early season and that's why guys like Lee and Stoll sat some early? Like, you couldn't see it with your own two eyes, then later comments from the coaches didn't clinch it?

Put another way, you think Warner, Lee and Stoll ducked powerhouse wrestlers from the likes of Bakersfield, Kent State, Princeton, Purdue and Lehigh? And this is a "fact"?

K.

Make a claim, don't defend it, lob insults instead, but I'm the troll. Got it.

Jan 25 last year. Spencer pins kid at Illinois but got held back the very next day against Rivera.

Wasnt pointing blame either. Just said early in the year Brands likes to hold guys out. Don't care either if he thinks it's right thing to do. Read the post again.

There you go. Want more?

Jan 25 last year. Spencer pins kid at Illinois but got held back the very next day against Rivera.

Wasnt pointing blame either. Just said early in the year Brands likes to hold guys out. Don't care either if he thinks it's right thing to do. Read the post again.

There you go. Want more?

Holding one guy out who was dealing with health issues on January 25 is hardly indicative of "ducking a few matches early in the year."

Holding one guy out who was dealing with health issues on January 25 is hardly indicative of "ducking a few matches early in the year."

You asked for an example. I produced and not going to itemize other instances either because like I said I don't care. Move on dude. Geez

Yes. And you provided an example that didn't fit your narrative.

You thought you could make posts on this board bashing Brands and it wouldn't get any push back?
Making stuff up now. Typical. Not one mention of bashing Brands or ever will. Moron

You accused him of ducking matches. How exactly is that not bashing him?

You know, this would have been a reasonably interesting exchange if you had just stuck to defending your position and not resorted to drama and name calling.
Sensitive one arent you.

There you go. Want more?
I get it. Wrestlers never get hurt or banged up in a match... What an idiotic post. Guys get hurt or banged up all the time. They might pull something or strain something in the warm-up and not be able to go or in cutting their weight... How do you know--you don't. Last year we had a guy winning a match against ISU and tore his ACL walking back to the center of mat--did he duck someone by not finishing the match? Things happen, but as Terry says, Haters are going to Hate.

Also, every coach holds guys out when they need to. Sanderson held guys out last year, Ryan had to hold guys out, but FLO didn't post a week-long story about it.

There you go. Want more?

SL might have been ready for an easy match but not Rivera. That doesn’t mean Tommy like holding kids out early in the year.

SL might have been ready for an easy match but not Rivera. That doesn’t mean Tommy like holding kids out early in the year.
I think it was more about how he looked at the end of that match against Piotrowski. Lee decked him in 6:06, but could barely walk back to center to get his hand raised. I believe 100% that TnT had all intentions of SL wrestling both duals that weekend, but after that match knew it wasn’t in his best interest

At the Polk County I-Club Luncheon yesterday, Brands distinctly said that Lee will be wrestling a "limited schedule" this year. It's clear he may still not be 100% and with Tokyo on the horizon, this isn't a surprise. Yet, I'm sure some will spin it into Brands/Lee are ducking matches........ :rolleyes:

At the Polk County I-Club Luncheon yesterday, Brands distinctly said that Lee will be wrestling a "limited schedule" this year. It's clear he may still not be 100% and with Tokyo on the horizon, this isn't a surprise. Yet, I'm sure some will spin it into Brands/Lee are ducking matches........ :rolleyes:
Who really gives a f what those say that dont have a clue?

Still not 100%?????

Wrestling a limited schedule is because he will be doing freestyle events, possibly overseas.

Reactions: moug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT