ADVERTISEMENT

ISU/Notre Dame

One of those games where by default of Notre Dame's national fan base, the game will probably get at least 5 to 6 million viewers and be one of the most-watched non-New Year's Day bowl games....yet Cyclone fans will think it shows Iowa State is popular.

Editing: didn't realize the Camping World is virtually going up against the Cotton on Saturday, the 28th

The only reason I can think of ND being in this game is since it's on ABC it'll ensure the Irish are playing on a broadcast network. But still, it's having to go head to head with the NY6 Cotton Bowl.

A no-brainer for Iowa State to accept this one. Gets them in front of the Notre Dame alumni eyeballs, and in turn take advantage of an opponent who might possibly find this game to be a let-down.

In the final rankings, yes. Long term, no. Especially if the Hawks don’t win. I agree with most things you post but think you’re a bit off on this one.

I'm cheering for Notre Lame but just sharing the silver lining.

Wow, at 10-2 Notre Dame has to be shaking their heads.

It wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame goes into this game like meh and gets beat.
And it serves them right for being smug ass and staying as an independent. They could have tried their luck as a BIG member, but don't think they want any part of that every year, so better to stay outside and slide in some years with an 11-1, maybe even 10-2 year. Hell of a drop all the way to the "Who wants to pitch a tent", bowl against the Ronald McDonalds though.....:p

Any chance they can just tie at zero and after the 17th overtime the refs just say “eff it!” and take the ball and go home.
The only thing that would make this any harder to decide who to root for would be if Duke basketball was playing in it too.

Wow, Camping World Bowl got HOSED by Alamo Bowl taking Texas. N.D.-TX would have brought more viewers than all the non-playoff NY6 games. Also, Kansas State and Okla State both get HOSED out of both playing in the Alamo and the chance to play N.D. Hard to understand any of it.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
And it serves them right for being smug ass and staying as an independent. They could have tried their luck as a BIG member, but don't think they want any part of that every year, so better to stay outside and slide in some years with an 11-1, maybe even 10-2 year. Hell of a drop all the way to the "Who wants to pitch a tent", bowl against the Ronald McDonalds though.....:p
Fwiw the CWB is an ACC tie in.

Wow, Camping World Bowl got HOSED by Alamo Bowl taking Texas. N.D.-TX would have brought more viewers than all the non-playoff NY6 games. Also, Kansas State and Okla State both get HOSED out of both playing in the Alamo and the chance to play N.D. Hard to understand any of it.

May have been a case they wanted to ensure both bowls get a decent television viewing audience. The Alamo has been one of ESPN's biggest non-NY6 bowls. Hard saying, just a theory.

I may be wrong, but I think CWB chose first and took ISU over Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT