ADVERTISEMENT

ISU/Notre Dame

If you find me solid proof that the CWB selected ISU over Texas on its own accord as Notre Dame's opponent, I will streak all the way from Iowa to Orlando to watch the game.
Looks like I was wrong:

Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-It
SERVPRO First Responder

Feel for ISU, as they beat Texas, yet still were selected after them. Either way, it works out as ND has played Texas twice in the last 3 years and has never played ISU. Both are 7-5.

Not as good as the Holiday Bowl, though.
I’ll admit it’s a better bowl w a bigger payout. Big 12 lost that tie-in quite a few years ago. Great destination. USC is not USC this year. You should kick then while they’re down.

Wow, what a conundrum. I have never pulled for Notre Dame in my life. I'm not sure I can. But pulling for ISU is next to impossible. Usually If I watch the game it will become clear who to pull for. Maybe the answer is to watch the Cotton Bowl.

Wow, at 10-2 Notre Dame has to be shaking their heads.

It wouldn't surprise me if Notre Dame goes into this game like meh and gets beat.
The ND coaches would be smart to play up the disrespect angle. Outside of the small conference teams, they are one of the lowest ranked 10-win teams in the cfp. They could make a statement by beating the snot out of ISU (although I think ISU will give them a real fight).

The real question is how many pro prospects on Notre Dame sit out because of the crappy draw.

Looks like I was wrong:

Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo
Camping World
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-It
SERVPRO First Responder

Feel for ISU, as they beat Texas, yet still were selected after them. Either way, it works out as ND has played Texas twice in the last 3 years and has never played ISU. Both are 7-5.

Alamo bowl just had Iowa State last year. Def the right choice to take Texas.

The only Big 12 teams that should be mad are KSU and OSU, they got jumped by both Texas and Iowa State who they both beat.

Reactions: millah_22
Looks like I was wrong:

Valero Alamo
Camping World
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-It
SERVPRO First Responder

never in a bowl or the two have never played period?

Okie State has played in the Alamo, Liberty and Camping World in the past 3 seasons.

The Texas Bowl made the most sense.

ISU didn't "jump" them.

Great draw for Isu. Would have been easy to pull for them vs the fainting irish once upon a time, but the idea of further feeding the fantasies of Clone With A Sigh/"lightning strikes" clown trolls has pretty much killed my ability to ever enjoy an Isu win again.

Reactions: BDJHawk
As a woman with whom I once worked was fond of saying, I wouldn't have been more surprised if you'd shoved a fencepost up my ass.

I figured K-State would go to the Alamo, Texas to the Camping World, Okie State to Houston and ISU to Memphis.

Kansas State got seriously screwed. First by the Alamo Bowl, then by the Camping World Bowl. Wildcats had a better record, beat ISU, had the only win over Oklahoma, and they travel as well as anybody in the country. This wasn't as bad a screwing as theh 'Cats got in 1998. They were unbeatedn ranked #1 in the coaches poll and headed to play in the first BCS national championship game. Jumped to a big early lead against Texas A&M in the league title game, ended up losing in overtime. Instead of playing for the national title, they sank all the way to the Alamo Bowl to play Purdue. I'm pretty sure they lost that game, if they even bothered to show up.

On the other hand, this year KSU had some bad losses, including one late in the year to West Virginia, and their non-conference schedule wasn't strong. ISU lost close games to rated opponents (except for the loss to KSU).

The story I'm hearing is that the Camping World Bowl people insisted on ISU against the wishes of the Big XII, allegedly are impressed by the fan following, Campbelll and Purdy. And maybe they've heard about the water in Ames.

Mine not to reason why. Mine just to cough up the money and go. I was seriously considering skiipping the trip if we went back to Memphis.

I’ll admit it’s a better bowl w a bigger payout. Big 12 lost that tie-in quite a few years ago. Great destination. USC is not USC this year. You should kick then while they’re down.

Since USC is ranked with 8 wins, does that mean that a "down" USC is better than the best ISU team under Campbell?

Since USC is ranked with 8 wins, does that mean that a "down" USC is better than the best ISU team under Campbell?
I only speak/read English, but my interpretation is that USC is down compared to what USC often is.

I only speak/read English, but my interpretation is that USC is down compared to what USC often is.

They've won fewer than 10 games in 5 of the last 9 seasons and last year won only 5. So no, this isn't an anomaly.

Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if 30K-35K ISU fans invade FL for this game
The stadium holds 65K. It will probably be one of the hardest tickets outside the CFP to get. ISU and ND are going to bring a ton of fans. 30-35K for ISU might actually be considered a poor turnout on their part. I think it will be north of 40K .

I hope ISU wins. Helps our SOS.

Satire? Hard to tell these days.
The stadium holds 65K. It will probably be one of the hardest tickets outside the CFP to get. ISU and ND are going to bring a ton of fans. 30-35K for ISU might actually be considered a poor turnout on their part. I think it will be north of 40K .

We have found Randy. Repeat, Randy has been found on HR.

The only reason I can think of ND being in this game is since it's on ABC it'll ensure the Irish are playing on a broadcast network. But still, it's having to go head to head with the NY6 Cotton Bowl.

I bet it gets better TV ratings than Cotton with Memphis

Reactions: Michael1969
Are there that many IA State fans?

;)

Reactions: BDJHawk
in all honesty it does seem destined to maybe break this bowls attendance record. It’s same stadium as citrus, and many years they haven’t even used the upper deck.

My god damn ex in laws are Irish catholic farmers and the only thing they love more than hating the hawks is the clowns and the fighting Irish. Lots of Irish catholic farmer clown money heading to Orlando to watch the clowns as they’ve now made it to the bigs. On the same field with Notre dame. Lots of sunburnt farmer tans await.

Ronald will be all jacked up like kids eating fun dip. Notre dame will be uninterested and asleep. Look for Ronald to win. Next year they make the playoffs.

Didn't ND beat USC? Looks like we got a better opponent despite your magical 9-3 season. Bowls know ISU travels baby!

Isu travels? Gag. Bunch of dumb sod kickers that have gone to one bowl in your lifetime and now you are well known travelers. Break out the grey Iowa state sweatshirts and sandals.

never in a bowl or the two have never played period?
Well ya, not in a bowl obviously. But also never in the regular season in like the 20s and 30s and sh** when it felt like everyone and their mom has played Notre Dame at least once.

Yes, the Orange Bowl was obligated to take an ACC team if they were ranked in the CFP Top 25.....Virginia was ranked 24th.
Thats why they stayed ranked. The TV Bowl show guys were at a loss that they didn't drop out of the top 25.
Someone has some pull or gave a hand shake.

As a woman with whom I once worked was fond of saying, I wouldn't have been more surprised if you'd shoved a fencepost up my ass.

I figured K-State would go to the Alamo, Texas to the Camping World, Okie State to Houston and ISU to Memphis.

Kansas State got seriously screwed. First by the Alamo Bowl, then by the Camping World Bowl. Wildcats had a better record, beat ISU, had the only win over Oklahoma, and they travel as well as anybody in the country. This wasn't as bad a screwing as theh 'Cats got in 1998. They were unbeatedn ranked #1 in the coaches poll and headed to play in the first BCS national championship game. Jumped to a big early lead against Texas A&M in the league title game, ended up losing in overtime. Instead of playing for the national title, they sank all the way to the Alamo Bowl to play Purdue. I'm pretty sure they lost that game, if they even bothered to show up.

On the other hand, this year KSU had some bad losses, including one late in the year to West Virginia, and their non-conference schedule wasn't strong. ISU lost close games to rated opponents (except for the loss to KSU).

The story I'm hearing is that the Camping World Bowl people insisted on ISU against the wishes of the Big XII, allegedly are impressed by the fan following, Campbelll and Purdy. And maybe they've heard about the water in Ames.

Mine not to reason why. Mine just to cough up the money and go. I was seriously considering skiipping the trip if we went back to Memphis.
Memphis would have been a huge hit for attendance. I know of NO ISU fan that would have went.
Many are now making plans for Fla.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT