ADVERTISEMENT

ISU/Notre Dame

The stadium holds 65K. It will probably be one of the hardest tickets outside the CFP to get. ISU and ND are going to bring a ton of fans. 30-35K for ISU might actually be considered a poor turnout on their part. I think it will be north of 40K .

You'd be much easier to tolerate if you didn't make such ridiculous statements. Sure, ISU should have a good contingent in Orlando, hitting well above their weight with the opponent they drew, but the N.D. fan base will have very little interest, and it will not be a "hard ticket," as most bowls aren't.

Memphis would have been a huge hit for attendance. I know of NO ISU fan that would have went.
Many are now making plans for Fla.
I was not at all sure I was going if it was Memphis, which I expected. Would have been the third trip to the Liberty in 7 or 8 years. Nice bowl, fun town, easy drive, but weather sucks.
Should be a good turnout for this one, but flights and hotels are expensive as hell.

And just like that . . .

Uncle Randy says ISU "richly deserves" this national attention after going 7-5. He also promises another breakout year next year and says ISU will be picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12!

This article sounds like it was written by a giggly old coot who had a little too much egg nog.

And just like that . . .

Uncle Randy says ISU "richly deserves" this national attention after going 7-5. He also promises another breakout year next year and says ISU will be picked to finish 2nd in the Big 12!

This article sounds like it was written by a giggly old coot who had a little too much egg nog.
Even giggly old coots can be right sometimes. Trust me on that.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
And just like that . . .

I had to comment on that twitter post. He is such a tool.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
Even giggly old coots can be right sometimes. Trust me on that.

Not this old coot. ISU will be lucky to finish 4th in the conference next year.

They went below their Vegas projection of 8 this year when many of their fans thought 10 wins was likely.

And just like that . . .

I've been hearing about the 'national recognition' that isu so richly deserves for at least 10 years now (probably more). I distinctly remember when a Paul Rhoads coached clone team beat a #2 ranked OSU team (many years ago), and there were numerous articles written by clone media - proclaiming that the level of publicity generated (and momentum gained) from that game would magically propel ISU to the 'next level.' Not too many years later Rhoads was fired. So this is all business as usual in 'clonefanatic world' as far as I'm concerned.

Isu is a blue blood now, just like in basketball. Even if they have a down year at 7-5, the national scene respects their brand so much that they still get what they deserve, to play other blue blood programs. They’ve earned it.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
I've been hearing about the 'national recognition' that isu so richly deserves for at least 10 years now (probably more). I distinctly remember when a Paul Rhoads coached clone team beat a #2 ranked OSU team (many years ago), and there were numerous articles written by clone media - proclaiming that the level of publicity generated (and momentum gained) from that game would magically propel ISU to the 'next level.' Not too many years later Rhoads was fired. So this is all business as usual in 'clonefanatic world' as far as I'm concerned.
If ISU beats Notre Dame, the national media and football fans outside of Clone World won’t view it as a big victory for ISU....it will be viewed as Notre Dame not wanting to play in a crap bowl against a middling team, and not trying very hard to win.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
If ISU beats Notre Dame, the national media and football fans outside of Clone World won’t view it as a big victory for ISU....it will be viewed as Notre Dame not wanting to play in a crap bowl against a middling team, and not trying very hard to win.
I definitely will be curious to see if any ND players skip this game, to prepare for NFL. Also, as far as location goes, I think outside of Disney, Orlando is a sh!t hole.

The stadium holds 65K. It will probably be one of the hardest tickets outside the CFP to get. ISU and ND are going to bring a ton of fans. 30-35K for ISU might actually be considered a poor turnout on their part. I think it will be north of 40K .

Considering ISU has NEVER played a bowl game in FL, you might be right on 40K. But being one of the hardest ticket to get is laughable.

The only reason I can think of ND being in this game is since it's on ABC it'll ensure the Irish are playing on a broadcast network. But still, it's having to go head to head with the NY6 Cotton Bowl.

Due to their contract with the ACC they are not able to take the Orange. So a weak Virginia gets the orange and the Domers fall from the presidential suite to the campgrounds.
The downside of their independence

Reactions: grayhair81
This game is a lose-lose for the Irish.

I was at my kids swim meet today and family of ISU fans were complaining that this is another conspiracy to keep ISU down. Iowa gets a cupcake opponent while the cyclones draw a national powerhouse.

I almost couldn't help but laugh at them.

I was at my kids swim meet today and family of ISU fans were complaining that this is another conspiracy to keep ISU down. Iowa gets a cupcake opponent while the cyclones draw a national powerhouse.

No kidding. I'd trade opponents.

Avoiding challenges is the sign of a loser program.

USC is ranked and lost by 3 on the road at ND. Good grief.

ND got destroyed by a team Iowa lost to by 7.

Reactions: buchs
Camping World Bowl? WTF is that?
1ey6hooz19h21.jpg

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I just happened to listen to the Matt Campbell interview on the news and you have to laugh at him, saying they need to continue to be a better version of themselves. Wtf? Dude is whacked. Says excellence and become better through investing in the process way too often. What a dork.

And just like that . . .

LoL. Randy clearly is a delusional ISU hack.

You guys worry way too much about Iowa State. Go enjoy the Holiday Bowl and beat USC. See you in IC next year.

And LOL at any Iowa State fan talking crap

Most hyped season in history and they go 7-5 in a weak ass conference and lose to Iowa for the fifth time in a row with Gameday in town

If ND even remotely cares about winning this game the Clones will get worked, they really haven’t been playing well. Fortunate to even be 7-5.

Reactions: buchs
You guys worry way too much about Iowa State. Go enjoy the Holiday Bowl and beat USC. See you in IC next year.
You're coming to IC next year for the game? Should we put the Iowa band on alert?

Says the guy on the Iowa boards

….a mere hours after learning that his team had a ridiculous stroke of luck and had an unbelievable bowl opponent fall into their laps. Yeah, glad he's here to tell us we obsess over another team too much.

I just happened to listen to the Matt Campbell interview on the news and you have to laugh at him, saying they need to continue to be a better version of themselves. Wtf? Dude is whacked. Says excellence and become better through investing in the process way too often. What a dork.

He and Fleck were separated at birth.

This. I too remember after they beat Okie State years ago with Paul Rhoads as coach. This time it was different. They finally had a coach. Iowa State football was on the rise. Never happened. See ya, Paul Rhoads.

Now here we are, in year 4 of the Matt Campbell era, and 7-5 is the best they could do in yet another anticipated “magical” season for Clone football.

Will they ever get to 10 wins? The Big 12 isn’t nearly as strong as it used to be (and appears to be getting weaker), so anything’s possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT