ADVERTISEMENT

ISU/Notre Dame

Didn't ND beat USC? Looks like we got a better opponent despite your magical 9-3 season. Bowls know ISU travels baby!

Wow just when I thought clone fans couldn't find a more pathetic way to try and make themselves sound better than Iowa. Not that a national ranking, more wins in a season or head to head match up matters.

From the good old SOS days we saw the narrative last year of "we are in 2nd highest attended game for that bowl when a team not in texas plays in it" to this year we have a higher ranked opponent. Again whose season would you rather have the last 2 years?

Last edited:
Wow just when I thought clone fans could find a more pathetic way to try and make themselves sound better than Iowa. Not that a national ranking, more wins in a season or head to head match up matters.

From the good old SOS days we saw the narrative last year of "we are in 2nd highest attended game for that bowl when a team not in texas plays in it" to this year we have a higher ranked opponent. Again whose season would you rather have the last 2 years?

Except the 2nd most attended Alamo Bowl without a Texas team was a lie as well.

Didn’t even slow clown fans down.

Maybe the Alamo Bowl was wrong on their own attendance figures. Neb/Michigan had 62,026, Ohio State/Oklahoma State had 65,265 and Purdue/K-State had 60,780 all more than the clowns had.

Yikes it sucks when facts get in the way of Pollards BS.

Last edited:
Wow just when I thought clone fans could find a more pathetic way to try and make themselves sound better than Iowa. Not that a national ranking, more wins in a season or head to head match up matters.

BTW that was a lie.

Whats the deal with the bashing/jealousy/insecurity of Iowa State playing Notre Dame? The last time that Iowa played in California, it was a total humiliation, embarrassment, extreme case of deer in the headlights debacle. That's what I'm concerned about. And, it's good for Iowa if the Cyclones win.

Reactions: ctghawk
Didn't ND beat USC? Looks like we got a better opponent despite your magical 9-3 season. Bowls know ISU travels baby!

and then the isu AD will make up a story that isu has better attendance than all but one other for the Bowl game when a Texas team isn’t involved. When in reality it was the 4th highest.

No worries clown fans will eat it up and ask for more.

Whats the deal with the bashing/jealousy/insecurity of Iowa State playing Notre Dame? The last time that Iowa played in California, it was a total humiliation, embarrassment, extreme case of deer in the headlights debacle. That's what I'm concerned about. And, it's good for Iowa if the Cyclones win.

The only time it’s good for Iowa if ISU wins and/or is a good team is when Iowa is fighting for the CFP. I think the Clones beat ND but, if they lose, I certainly won’t be shedding any tears. Hell, I’ll probably even break out a vintage bottle of schadenfreude to celebrate the occasion.

Ha, would love for Iowa St. to beat these guys. ND beat NOBODY this year other than USC. Go ahead and continue to align yourself with the ACC. This is exactly what you get.

It is what they get for demanding they be Independent. The alignment is what gets them into the bowl they are in, but NOT wanting to be a full conference team disqualifies them from the spot in the Orange bowl this year by agreement.

I have just three words for you.
Go notre dame.

I could have also gone with
**** Iowa State, that might have gotten my point across better since I can't stand notre dame

Reactions: blhawk
The “its good for Iowa if the Cyclones win” is a ridiculous argument. It is NEVER good for the University of Iowa if ISU wins. And the “it’s good for the state” is also bogus.

The “its good for Iowa if the Cyclones win” is a ridiculous argument. It is NEVER good for the University of Iowa if ISU wins. And the “it’s good for the state” is also bogus.

Yeah Iowa St. winning a bowl game does absolutely nothing for Iowa. Our season is what it is at this point, there's no arguments or resumes needed for anything. Maybe if they expand the playoffs to 8 or 16 it will matter but other than trying to justify our completely subjective rankings by coaches and media, it makes absolutely no difference whether Iowa St. finishes the year with a bowl win.

BTW that was a lie.

giphy.gif

ISU should win by 14. ND wants zero with the game. Jesus you see what ND fans are saying?! It is comical. The overwhelming sentiment was covered by this quote: “we went 10-2 and are ranked and are playing against a 7-5 team that I only thought had a vet school. Plus they are in a crappy conference and it is in the f@cking Camping something Bowl. Time for ND to join a conference.” That explains I think how the players will be.

Some of the comments are pretty funny. “I know Iowa is the Hawkeye State and we aren’t even playing them.” “If we were 7-5 and they were 10-2, I would still be pissed.” “What pics does their AD have on Bowl reps for this disaster to happen?” “We are playing a crappy team from a sh@t conference that is owned by their only rival.” Safe to say ND isn’t thrilled. The amount of people stating they didn’t know ISU had a team and they only know of Iowa is quite illuminating from an outsider perspective.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Some of the comments are pretty funny. “I know Iowa is the Hawkeye State and we aren’t even playing them.” “If we were 7-5 and they were 10-2, I would still be pissed.” “What pics does their AD have on Bowl reps for this disaster to happen?” “We are playing a crappy team from a sh@t conference that is owned by their only rival.” Safe to say ND isn’t thrilled. The amount of people stating they didn’t know ISU had a team and they only know of Iowa is quite illuminating from an outsider perspective.

But all that counts is what Peg Leg Pete, Pollard and CyTwins say counts. Why can’t the rest of the planet simply get on board with what they spew forth? Life would be a lot easier for clown fans it this took place.

Herky - I am getting a bunch of this from ND buddies who know I hate both teams equally. It is pretty funny to see the comments. I think my favorite is what pics does JP have to take an underperforming ISU team to play a 10-2 ND team. I told a buddy, Jesus not like a good bowl and he laughed.

Knowing Notre Dame, their fans, and how dear to their hearts they hold their Independent status, for them to start saying they need to join a conference is a HUGE thing. Think about it, being forced to play Iowa State is getting their fans to turn their backs on a century plus tradition of Independent status. That's how low they view the Cyclones.

And Iowa voluntarily plays ISU every year.

This Camping World Bowl is showing us how the outside world views ISU.

Being immersed amongst the Iowa State sows for a few days will be just punishment to their fans for not joining the bten when they had the chance

KSU is the only Big 12 team to be favored-by one point. OU is a 13 point dog in their game. Vegas isn't nearly as impressed with the Texas 12 as Massey is.
B1G is 4-4 with Indiana/Tennessee a pick em.
Hawks are -1 on USC

Early line is ND -3.5. Twins will be here shortly to guarantee us the clowns win outright.
I am guessing cytwins will take the angle that because this is Notre Dame's Super Bowl, that he wouldn't be surprised if Iowa State lost.....and that Iowa State is just using this as practice for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT