ADVERTISEMENT

ISU off to a bomb of a start over seas. UAB still hanging on their back

The poor kids must have been sleepy or tired. It is not really their fault. I blame their new coach. Hoyburger never would have let this happen!

Reactions: freemanbrenner
Well, they did only send 6 scholarship players over. That's a legit excuse.

Plenty of good teams lose these international trip games. We dropped at least one that I remember (against PIERRE ****ING PIERCE GODDAMNIT) last time we went over. Illinois lost by 27 today. Louisville lost already. It happens. Not a great indicator of team strength.

Reactions: Isitfootballseason?
Teams that take owrseas trips usually don't play well in February/march. Iowa in 2014
Is a perfect example, starting out well and finished very poorly. Indiana went on an overseas trip. They started out well and finished very poorly.

not a good sign when iowa state today gets up 20-2 and loses. Especially when they are supposed to go to the final four!

Reactions: Tclone99
Honest question, how is Iowa State's 2014-2015 season any different from Iowa's 2005-2006 season? Hoiberg gets no criticism for it though and no criticism for probably tampering with the Bulls job.

On the KCRG news Prohm said they had a hard time with playing 40 minutes. I got news for him: All games are 40 minutes. Sometimes longer. I am sure he will get the hang of it eventually though.

I wonder if some of the blame that went to the guy from UNLV, Y2K or MIA or whatever his initials were.......

......and I'm not saying he didn't deserve to get blame...

....wasn't a bigger team problem and maybe some of it is still wearing Mustard and Ketchup?

Honest question, how is Iowa State's 2014-2015 season any different from Iowa's 2005-2006 season? Hoiberg gets no criticism for it though and no criticism for probably tampering with the Bulls job.
The only negative aspect of the season for ISU was the shocking upset in the first round of the NCAA tournament. For which Fred got a lot of shit. The team had a better record in the non-conference, the conference, and the conference tournament than was predicted.

I think we're really stretching here. College teams lose international games all the time. Only 6 scholarship players made the trip.

Much ado about nothing.

Of course it is no big deal, but shouldn't a final 4/national title caliber team be mopping up a local European all star team?

Of course it is no big deal, but shouldn't a final 4/national title caliber team be mopping up a local European all star team?

Think it was the Venezuelan National Team that ISU played...probably a step or two above a local all-star club. I'm more curious as to how the game was arranged:)??

The only negative aspect of the season for ISU was the shocking upset in the first round of the NCAA tournament. For which Fred got a lot of shit. The team had a better record in the non-conference, the conference, and the conference tournament than was predicted.
Iowa state this last year was 26-8 compared to Alford's 25-9. Think iowa went undefeated at home that yearmaybe lost one game. Iowa state lost one game to Baylor at home. Both won their conference chmaipships and were three seeds. All the national media said iowa state to final four and was going to beat duke and gonzaga. Both teams got up quick in the ncaa tourney game they played to like a 10-2 start. Uab hit a deep three to go ahead. Iowa lost on a buzzer beater three. Not much difference at all and hoiberg did not get the criticism for how ISU played the way other coaches would or when they lost to texas tech, ksu and South Carolina. Hoiberg to the bulls was done months before he officially signed in early June. Seemed like he was tampering with thy job the way alford looked at other jobs when he es at iowa. Those two seasons were very similar.

Reactions: RocknRollface
I wonder if some of the blame that went to the guy from UNLV, Y2K or MIA or whatever his initials were.......

......and I'm not saying he didn't deserve to get blame...

....wasn't a bigger team problem and maybe some of it is still wearing Mustard and Ketchup?
You can hope!

Reactions: DanL53
Iowa state this last year was 26-8 compared to Alford's 25-9. Think iowa went undefeated at home that yearmaybe lost one game. Iowa state lost one game to Baylor at home. Both won their conference chmaipships and were three seeds. All the national media said iowa state to final four and was going to beat duke and gonzaga. Both teams got up quick in the ncaa tourney game they played to like a 10-2 start. Uab hit a deep three to go ahead. Iowa lost on a buzzer beater three. Not much difference at all and hoiberg did not get the criticism for how ISU played the way other coaches would or when they lost to texas tech, ksu and South Carolina. Hoiberg to the bulls was done months before he officially signed in early June. Seemed like he was tampering with thy job the way alford looked at other jobs when he es at iowa. Those two seasons were very similar.

No offense....but what the hell is wrong with you?

Reactions: Isitfootballseason?
Serious question - Why the F do people keep posting ISU crap on our board? And why isn't it moved to an OT board?? The last thing I want to see is another post about a team from L'Ames. #annoyedyouaretakingupourspace

Reactions: lenoxhawks
Teams that take owrseas trips usually don't play well in February/march. Iowa in 2014
Is a perfect example, starting out well and finished very poorly. Indiana went on an overseas trip. They started out well and finished very poorly.

not a good sign when iowa state today gets up 20-2 and loses. Especially when they are supposed to go to the final four!

Holy. Shit. Do you know what the term "small sample size" means?

Notre Dame went on a foreign trip...made the Elite 8 this season.
Kentucky went on a trip....made the Final Four this season.

Does that now mean that teams that take overseas trips DO play well in FEB/MAR?

Guess who else went on an overseas trip...UAB. So maybe that is why they beat ISU. Maybe they had a better overseas schedule?

Per a USA Today article from this year: "Of the 36 power conference programs that have taken foreign tours in the past five years and responded to an inquiry by USA TODAY Sports, 20 won more games the season immediately following the trip than they did the previous season. Five teams posted the same win total, and 11 won fewer games (though in many cases, the drop-off was because of injuries and/or surprising pro departures). Two teams — Louisville in 2011-12, and Wisconsin last season — reached the Final Four the season immediately following their trips."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-overseas-trips-notre-dame-kentucky/24811491/

Reactions: RocknRollface
Calm down, Legend. We are just pointing fingers and making fun. I don't believe any of us truly believe the outcome of that game portends any real weakness on the Clown's part. If the situation were reversed, I'm sure your Clown brethren would have tons to say about how the Hawks suck.

And to finish the story, Iowa State went out and hired Prolm, their Lickliter 2.0....at least I'm hoping.

And to finish the story, Iowa State went out and hired Prolm, their Lickliter 2.0....at least I'm hoping.
The difference is, Lick had little to work with when he got here and ended up being a horrible fit for rebuilding. Prom has a nice team to manage. One would think he could at least keep the program competitive in the top half of the JayHawk Conference over time.

With shaka smart at texas and Lon Krueger still at oklahoma it won't be easy for iowa state to be at the top of the big 12. Baylor, Oklahoma state and west virgina are always pretty good too. Kansas is kansas. It's tbd how well prohm does but it won't be easy.

if it wasn't for the ass hats I know that are ISU fans...I wouldn't give a shit about ISU...but because of their mental illness toward everything Hawkeye...I hope ISU loses in every game in every sport..

poking fun at ISU posters on a I O W A site is A ok with me...sorry but the ISU idiots I know made me that way.

:pISU sucks.

if it wasn't for the ass hats I know that are ISU fans...I wouldn't give a shit about ISU...but because of their mental illness toward everything Hawkeye...I hope ISU loses in every game in every sport..

poking fun at ISU posters on a I O W A site is A ok with me...sorry but the ISU idiots I know made me that way.

:pISU sucks.

Exactly!!!! The way I see it if Iowa State starts to tank under a new coach this board has earned about four years worth of gloating just to catch up.

I tend to disagree with you as nearly 60 teams will go on a trip this summer. If might help some, might hurt some, but if that many schools are doing it.....then it's tough to distinguish. If it wasn't helpful.....then why waste the money?

As for Indiana, you can always cherry pick to find the results you want. Why didn't you use Kentucky as an example as they also took a trip last summer?

Georges went past him so quickly that Woodbury couldn't poke him in the eye, of course.

Nothing he does is quick, I'll give him credit for being crafty for a guy with a fat old man body and a 5 inch vertical leap.

He'll be matched up on Utoff this year which will be a much better matchup for Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT