ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Practice at Gilbert

Side note I thought this was Gilbert, AZ due to them recruiting heavy in AZ nowadays which made me think that would maybe be a good idea for a spring game.

The weather always sucks in Iowa at this time and no one goes to the spring game in Iowa City anyways. Maybe they should have a "spring game" in Florida, Texas etc so that recruits could easily come and have fans that live down there attend. Just a thought.
Even Ohio States stadium was sparse for their spring game last weekend. Only Nebraska spring game fans look like they are all 10 year olds on Christmas morning getting a new paddle ball game from Santa.

That probably figures in. $3M/yr for a long time vs $5M/yr but maybe get canned in 4 years. Cost of living (if you can call it that in Ames) is also pretty low for a college town.
I'm a Hawk fan living in Ames and it's a pretty nice place to live. Lots of parks, golf courses, restaurants, etc.

Campbell is royalty at ISU. He can take a crap in the Chancellor's office if he wants. Making ISU relevant, playing for a B12 Championship, a New Year's six bowl, etc. These are dizzying heights for ISU football that todays students will be telling their grandchildren about in 40 years.

Then their grandkids will look it up in the Metaverse and ask why Campbell could never beat Iowa.
And thats what Iowa fans will be telling their grandkids in 40 years - all those great wins over ISU! Probably wont mention that 40 point embarrassment in the title game??? Better hope BIG doesnt get rid of divisions or you'll never see another title game!

He'll be decent in the Big12 because they don't play defense very well.

I doubt he'd survive in the B1G.
You probably think Putin is responsible for inflation too, if youre repeating the talking points of ESPN on Big 12 defenses. I don’t think you go 10-2 in bowl games last two years by not playing D.

Ole Miss averaged over 30 pts a game in the SEC, scored 7 on Baylor. Same with MSU against T Tech.

And thats what Iowa fans will be telling their grandkids in 40 years - all those great wins over ISU! Probably wont mention that 40 point embarrassment in the title game??? Better hope BIG doesnt get rid of divisions or you'll never see another title game!
What will clown fans being telling their kids in 40 years? isu hasn’t had a 1st Round draft pick in 90+ years or that it took a worldwide pandemic for isu to get to a NY6 Bowl game and win a whole 9 games in a season.

You probably think Putin is responsible for inflation too, if youre repeating the talking points of ESPN on Big 12 defenses. I don’t think you go 10-2 in bowl games last two years by not playing D.

Ole Miss averaged over 30 pts a game in the SEC, scored 7 on Baylor. Same with MSU against T Tech.
30 points in a football game is almost what isu scores in a basketball game am I right?

Over the course of each Big 12 team playing 12/13 games, or over 100 games the entire season for the conference...congrats on finding a handful of games where somebody played some defense.

The reputation of the Big 12 is wide open offense with an occasional defensive battle. The Texas vs Kansas game, as just one example, was the norm, not the exception.

BTW: Nothing wrong with that. Personally, a 42-38 game is way more exciting then some of those 13-9 games I've watched.

Over the course of each Big 12 team playing 12/13 games, or over 100 games the entire season for the conference...congrats on finding a handful of games where somebody played some defense.

The reputation of the Big 12 is wide open offense with an occasional defensive battle. The Texas vs Kansas game, as just one example, was the norm, not the exception.

BTW: Nothing wrong with that. Personally, a 42-38 game is way more exciting then some of those 13-9 games I've watched.
Clown fans are really good at “picking and choosing” what data counts, what doesn’t and what must be ignored.

Must be another one of those days that ends in y.

Deranged skirt fan is on a real bender. Got banned again so that makes it four new ID’s since 3:36pm today.

Can I get an emoji? That will show us who the boss is.

We want more. We want more. We want more.

• Wow
Reactions: AttentionWhoreWave
I win again. Frosty the Coachman should hire deranged skirt fan. They both find new and more inventive ways to lose.

We want more. We want more. We want more.

Can we get ID #60 from deranged skirt fan tonight yet? That would help me with the over again.

Just messing with ya.

It's fun watching the admiration of a HC that hasn't yet realized how important special teams' play is to winning and losing.

Lil Matty would never last at a high profile program with the approach he takes at ISU.
The Packers seem to employ the special teams approach. Hopefully Richie B can fix that.

What will ISU fans tell their grandkids?

What is the cause of inflation oh wise one? I will share thoughts with you but then you’ll claim them as your own! I would say sanctions on Russia certainly had an effect on gas prices but then that’s me trying to see the big picture. lol

People only think of Duff when it comes to restaurants in Ames. There are some pretty decent eateries scattered around town like Provisions, The Cafe, Cornbred etc. To say otherwise is food snobbery imo.
There are so many none chain, unique restaurants. I like Hickory Park too.

As much as I hate it, Campbell is a good coach and has put together a good program. Obviously they should take a step back this year, but most likely they will be decent later in the season. Then pretty tough again after that….and hopefully I’m not underestimating them.
Regardless, with the lower-level conference they are going to be in combined with a smaller Big 12 TV contract, iswho will slowly metriculate into even more mediocrity.

Reactions: perryhawk
Interesting question.
  1. The Hawks have a returning starter so you know what you are getting, and depending on who you listen to on this board, that is either a good or bad thing. He may not have the ceiling some would like, yet is experienced so you know where the floor is.
  2. The Clones are replacing a multi-year starter, so giving up huge experience. The new guy has been in the program, with limited game experience.
A big question will be what does either team have if the starter goes down with an injury? Iowa has a guy with game experience that has been in the program. ISU doesn't have that experience, and with the recent transfer out, will depend on younger players in that backup role. Will be interesting to see who feels better about their QB as the year progresses. How much of their ceiling they reach will likely be determined by how well their respective OL's develop, each with significant losses.
Iowa’s defense is simply better than ISU’s; which will give Iowa’s offense more “wiggle room” for errors.

Side note I thought this was Gilbert, AZ due to them recruiting heavy in AZ nowadays which made me think that would maybe be a good idea for a spring game.

The weather always sucks in Iowa at this time and no one goes to the spring game in Iowa City anyways. Maybe they should have a "spring game" in Florida, Texas etc so that recruits could easily come and have fans that live down there attend. Just a thought.
Serious question - is it allowable for a school to have a Spring game/practice out-of-state, or at some exotic location? I thought Michigan got in some trouble recently for doing/trying that?

And yet Matty and team lose to the Hawks year after year after year. WTH is going on?

Serious question - is it allowable for a school to have a Spring game/practice out-of-state, or at some exotic location? I thought Michigan got in some trouble recently for doing/trying that?
I have no idea. I'm sure it would just be very expensive for the school to pull it off though.

ISU's defense will give them a chance against the Hawks this fall. Only takes a few bad bounces/special teams big plays to spring the upset in a low-scoring game. That said, I look forward to the Hawks continuing the streak against ISU.

Cyclones have lost a LOT of experienced talent. No question about that. I expect them to struggle, especially on offense, and especially early in the season.

I was born in the mid-1980's, and Breece Hall is the best ISU football player I have ever seen. If people did not realize it at the time, they will realize how good he was next season.

When I watched ISU football games over the last 3 years, I was astounded at the number of 2nd and 12's that Breece turned into 2nd and 7 or 2nd and 6. He had a number of highlight reel plays and long runs, but his ability to keep them in front of the sticks kept so many drives alive.

ADVERTISEMENT