ADVERTISEMENT

ISU smacks down liberal professor

151110-melissa-click-mn-1730_7bae89458b4757f64458142cc46dcb8d.fit-760w.jpg

Misleading AF. She didn’t say they MUST support it but she did say they can’t choose a topic with an argument opposing it.

“you cannot choose any topic that takes at its base that one side doesn’t deserve the same basic human rights as you do (ie: no arguments against gay marriage, abortion, Black Lives Matter, etc.). I take this seriously.”

The teacher dictated which topics and positions are off limits when writing papers and completing projects in HER class. I don’t know about state schools now, but this is standard in private colleges.

Misleading AF. She didn’t say they MUST support it but she did say they can’t choose a topic with an argument opposing it.

“you cannot choose any topic that takes at its base that one side doesn’t deserve the same basic human rights as you do (ie: no arguments against gay marriage, abortion, Black Lives Matter, etc.). I take this seriously.”

The teacher dictated which topics and positions are off limits when writing papers and completing projects in HER class.

Yeah, but she got SMACKED DOWN!!! I’m not sure she will ever recover from rewording her syllabus.

If the story is true, then she certainly deserves to be disciplined severely.

I think that is a real syllabus and ISU did issue the statement. But the headline is certainly not accurate. She never said you cant be against the BLM movement. She just said you can't argue against certain movements in class. That part she took too far or did a very bad job articulating what she expects. There is plenty of space in BLM and abortion to have arguments in class.

The teacher dictated which topics and positions are off limits when writing papers and completing projects in HER class. I don’t know about state schools now, but this is standard in private colleges.

why can’t you oppose abortion or BLM as a position in her class room ?

Lol

Those are bad examples and I assume that’s what the university is addressing, but saying you can’t take the position that groups aren’t entitled to like rights is kind of essential to the subject matter.

That’s irrelevant to what she has demanded of students

for those far leftists defending her restrictions on speech and thought I ask again-why can’t a student take a position opposing abortion or BLM ?

Reactions: SIXERS24
That’s irrelevant to what she has demanded of students

for those far leftists defending her restrictions on speech and thought I ask again-why can’t a student take a position opposing abortion or BLM ?

In a course about monster theory and othering? What’s your thesis?

Grading English papers is subjective. I'd guess students who don't go along with the original standards get a lower grade.
You think? It's the widely accepted standard at most Universities. It's why lawsuits will continue to build up until equal weight has been given to equal thought on left/right issues. The country knows it's off it's rocker driven largely by institutional biases by nerds in academia. Now, people are finally starting to stand up.

You think? It's the widely accepted standard at most Universities. It's why lawsuits will continue to build up until equal weight has been given to equal thought on left/right issues. The country knows it's off it's rocker driven largely by institutional biases by nerds in academia. Now, people are finally starting to stand up.
Lol at golfer's othering, not to mention his inability to grasp the whole it's/its thingy.

On the other side, we had orientation for students today. Facemasks required for every faculty member and student. This is an official college event. Two faculty members showed up with red face masks emblazoned with “Trump 2020" and "Keep America Great". You think every member of faculty is a leftist? Do you think political expressions are ok?

Reactions: Rudolph
On the other side, we had orientation for students today. Facemasks required for every faculty member and student. This is an official college event. Two faculty members showed up with red face masks emblazoned with “Trump 2020" and "Keep America Great". You think every member of faculty is a leftist? Do you think political expressions are ok?

Do you believe liberal professors can be objective when students express conservative views?

that’s certainly....inappropriate.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
Which college?

Do you believe liberal professors can be objective when students express conservative views?

I’m liberal as hell. My students have no idea of my political views, unless they Facebook stalk me. You’d never find one student who said I was not objective in my evaluation of my students. Not one. I can show absolute objective criteria for every grade I have ever submitted.

Economics professors?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT