ADVERTISEMENT

ISU's latest commits

Wasn’t there a wrestler that decided to hang up his shoes before his eligibility expired? In that weight range?

Maybe I’m thinking Harrington shovmoved up to heavy, but wasn’t really a heavy??

Yep Harrington did. He graduated and wasn't interested in Grad school. Was told he liked Dresser and staff more than old staff. Was ready to move on.

I think Marcus had no issue moving up to heavyweight.

Reactions: Whytehawk
Really don't care to know the reasons they left, but it would be ignorant to not acknowledge the departures gave Dresser $$$ to play with.

Zadick's departure is another puzzling story. I don't think the ISU wrestling room is this well oiled machine that the fans want to believe it is.

Of course it gave him money to get recruits that wanted to be at Iowa State. Be foolish to disagree with that.

Reactions: redmarlie
what is puzzling about it? from what i heard it was pretty straight forward what happened, and no i will not say what i heard.

Two things that cause his departure and both on their own would be more than enough to fire someone. About as cut and dry as they come

Reactions: RandyTPB
Rewatch his match against Cal Poly? and tell me he's big enough to handle the taller, lanky guys! He's not a big 197.
And where did Lane Thomas finish on the season? That's right, R12.

Lane had his number in that round and Warner rebounded. Every wrestler struggles when their opponent is lanky and talented, it's the nature of the sport, but that doesn't mean we should be worrying about Warner.

Is that gonna help? There is no amount of single minded focus a fan can have to make their team win. So how is not worrying about another program gonna help?

Because, of course, what message board posters are focusing on will have a direct impact on IOWA winning another NCAA title. Duh.

Real Hawkeye Wrestling Fans might believe forum discussions and fan base "branding" impact wrestling results, especially if "trolls hiding behind screen names" are involved:
The Hawkeye Wrestling fan base is massive, spanning generations and geography. As our community has grown, our access to technology has not.

I created 1984 out of frustration. Anonymity has lead to negativity. A toxic environment that asphyxiates creativity. It stifles those who may have a great idea or a positive message.

Like many of you, I have ideas and energy that need an outlet. The current community-based platforms are failing us. In truth, our fan base has been reluctant to change. Wrestling fans are stubborn.

In my opinion, our fan base is divided into those that cannot let go of the past and those that believe in the future. However, we all have a common goal, to win. How we get back to dominating is up for debate. One thing for sure, we can’t do it with trolls hiding behind screen names.

One idea I love, is the HWC Inner Circle. Randy Novak has done a great job in making the HWC accessible to all fans and this concept could be the spark to something much bigger. The Inner Circle has 336 members who have invested financially into Hawkeye Wrestling.

These fans deserve better community-platform.

Restricted. Heavily Moderated. Zero Anonymity. Two Strikes and you're out.

What I build is up to you, the Real Hawkeye Wrestling Fans, the question is do you want it?

Here is my commitment:
  • I believe in being positive.
  • Content: Quality over quantity.
  • Investment into developing community-based platforms for Real Hawkeye Wrestling Fans.
  • Working tirelessly at improving our brand as a fan base.
Want to help us create content on 1984? Have an idea to help build a better community? Interested in being a moderator?

Email brad@nineteen84.club

Follow us on Twitter @nineteen84club

Reactions: RandyTPB
I thought there was a limit on the roster.
The poster you quoted is just throwing random statements against the wall to see what sticks. The comments regarding Miklus are conjecture. He could have just as easily enrolled at UNI. Hell, I didn't even remember Harrington. With Gremmel @ HWT... maybe Harrington wanted to drop back down and was told "No". So he gave up wrestling.

My comments fall into the "yeah, it's possible" just as easily as the ISU fans responding.

ISU fans are so desperate for something good to happen in Ames that they swallow everything they're fed from the wrestling staff.

The poster you quoted is just throwing random statements against the wall to see what sticks. The comments regarding Miklus are conjecture. He could have just as easily enrolled at UNI. Hell, I didn't even remember Harrington. With Gremmel @ HWT... maybe Harrington wanted to drop back down and was told "No". So he gave up wrestling.

My comments fall into the "yeah, it's possible" just as easily as the ISU fans responding.

ISU fans are so desperate for something good to happen in Ames that they swallow everything they're fed from the wrestling staff.

Doesn't this apply to pretty much every ISU sports program?

Oh Mitch, pretty much everything that you put out there is throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks. There is also a lot a positives going on in Ames right now so it makes sense that the fan base is buying into what the coaches are selling. You could probably use your same statement here at Iowa.

What the hell are you talking about, man? Miklus is from Des Moines. There have been numerous articles and interviews about his transfer and why he came back to be with his terminal father. ISU made perfect sense. From what I recall Ames is considerably closer to Des Moines than Cedar Falls. But hey logic, **** it.

Something makes too much common sense it can't be true, amirite? His father died just before he NCAA tourney started by the way. I suppose that's all conjecture too and his dying wish was to add to your idiotic conspiracy theories.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ast-polk-father-garry-als-disease/2948889002/

Try doing some research before you let the fingers fly. Perhaps next time you won't look like a moron. Perhaps.

What the hell are you talking about, man? Miklus is from Des Moines. There have been numerous articles and interviews about his transfer and why he came back to be with his terminal father. ISU made perfect sense. From what I recall Ames is considerably closer to Des Moines than Cedar Falls. But hey logic, **** it.

Something makes too much common sense it can't be true, amirite? His father died just before he NCAA tourney started by the way. I suppose that's all conjecture too and his dying wish was to add to your idiotic conspiracy theories.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ast-polk-father-garry-als-disease/2948889002/

Try doing some research before you let the fingers fly. Perhaps next time you won't look like a moron. Perhaps.
Jeebus Christ! The story about the Miklus family is touching, but it has little to do with my earlier comments about Dresser running guys out of town to free up scholly $$$. If Clone fans are too ignorant to realize what he did... that's not my problem. But if you want to believe Miklus attended ISU on his own dime... I've got ocean front property in Nebraska that I'd like to sell. Getting guys like Carr, Miklus, E Andersen , the 125, and Ryan Anderson(maybe) took money that was previously going to the guys forced out.

Clone fans seem to think Dresser walks on water. Was he an upgrade over KJ? Hell, yeah. I predicted on the day he was hired that KJ wouldn't make it. Go back to the archives... it's there.

The Hawks own ISU. Hell, Schwab owns ISU. ISU fans just need to pray that the Big 12 continues to flounder so Dresser can finish top 3 next year in the conference.

Jeebus Christ! The story about the Miklus family is touching, but it has little to do with my earlier comments about Dresser running guys out of town to free up scholly $$$. If Clone fans are too ignorant to realize what he did... that's not my problem. But if you want to believe Miklus attended ISU on his own dime... I've got ocean front property in Nebraska that I'd like to sell. Getting guys like Carr, Miklus, E Andersen , the 125, and Ryan Anderson(maybe) took money that was previously going to the guys forced out.

Clone fans seem to think Dresser walks on water. Was he an upgrade over KJ? Hell, yeah. I predicted on the day he was hired that KJ wouldn't make it. Go back to the archives... it's there.

The Hawks own ISU. Hell, Schwab owns ISU. ISU fans just need to pray that the Big 12 continues to flounder so Dresser can finish top 3 next year in the conference.
But you throwing Miklus' name into the mix royally dicks up your own argument. My point is, Willie was going to Ames no matter what. Scholly or no scholly he was heading that direction.

And I don't like Dresser one bit, but absolutely nothing has been confirmed, other than your incessant rambling, about him forcing guys out of the program. Let alone Santa Clausing that scholly money to someone else, like Miklus.

No one knows how scholarships are divided up on the roster. So if you want to persist about conjectures, you should look at your own argument.

The only way I "dicked up my own argument" is if Miklus didn't get $$$. If he did... it's relevant to where the $$$ came from.

No Clone wrestler that replaced the guys forced out was an AA this season. And I contend Storr will AA before Parker does.

The only way I "dicked up my own argument" is if Miklus didn't get $$$. If he did... it's relevant to where the $$$ came from.

No Clone wrestler that replaced the guys forced out was an AA this season. And I contend Storr will AA before Parker does.
This is such a weird hill for you to die on, but have at it. Knock yourself out and continue to get rolled over. Literally no one is agreeing with you and for good reason.

This is such a weird hill for you to die on, but have at it. Knock yourself out and continue to get rolled over. Literally no one is agreeing with you and for good reason.
I don't post to get agreement. I don't post to make others happy. I'm just here to make fun of ISU/Dresser.

I do like to pull chains and remind everyone that Cyclone wrestling is irrelevant.

It’s not rocket science, it’s frickin’ wrestling. I’m sure the coaching is fine. Such drama on the clones. It’s like Clemson worrying about Duke in football. When they get good again I’d love to discuss them. Shits weird.

I don't post to get agreement. I don't post to make others happy. I'm just here to make fun of ISU/Dresser.

I do like to pull chains and remind everyone that Cyclone wrestling is irrelevant.

giphy.gif

I actually have fun trolling ISU fans on other sites posing as an ISU fan. Did it to Buffy on The Predicament.

Disclaimer, tho... I'm not "AC Slater" on CF:p Clone fans are rather insecure and not too bright.

I actually have fun trolling ISU fans on other sites posing as an ISU fan. Did it to Buffy on The Predicament.

Disclaimer, tho... I'm not "AC Slater" on CF:p Clone fans are rather insecure and not too bright.
Coming from you, this is beyond hilarious.

MitchLL's own Pork Chop Hill.
We all remember the days when the ISU program tried to return to respectability with ISU alumni as the coaching staff. Epic fail.

Now the experiment is using Hawkeye alumni in that venture. We'll see if an aging HC can get it done. Maybe the conversation is "what is respectable"?

In regards to you, Jammie... the Gophs are just fortunate that they can use the B1G footprint to identify with.

BTW: This post is rich!:p I got a two-fer... rip both programs in a single post.

Reactions: rassling
We all remember the days when the ISU program tried to return to respectability with ISU alumni as the coaching staff. Epic fail.

Now the experiment is using Hawkeye alumni in that venture. We'll see if an aging HC can get it done. Maybe the conversation is "what is respectable"?

In regards to you, Jammie... the Gophs are just fortunate that they can use the B1G footprint to identify with.

BTW: This post is rich!:p I got a two-fer... rip both programs in a single post.
Squeaking out 4th place finishes the past decade is definitely #IowaStyle
Elitist fans for a no longer elite program, gotta love it!

You're welcome for the Iowa State alumni.

Reactions: hokguy88
Gable pushed Zalesky out for Tom for less...

Yawn. The ship was sinking fast under Zalesky. Anyone who could not see that is an idiot. He landed out west at a time when there was hardly any competition for recruits and has not done a whole lot in his time at OSU.

Yawn. The ship was sinking fast under Zalesky. Anyone who could not see that is an idiot. He landed out west at a time when there was hardly any competition for recruits and has not done a whole lot in his time at OSU.
Zalesky won 3 titles in 9 years and finished 4th his last year he got fired. Brands then comes in and takes that 4th place team and gets 8th the next? He has won 3 titles in 12 years (all of which he did with a double recruiting class after gutting the program that gave him his first shot - classy) and got 4th in his most recent year. And has gotten only 1 runner-up finish which happened 4 years ago. Zalesky got a runner-up finish 2 years before he got fired.
Are all Hawk fans are delusional as @MitchLL?

Since 2008 only two teams have been fixtures in the top 10.

Iowa and Cornell.

Actually, top 5. Iowa has been top 5 every year since 2008. No other team has done that.

Zalesky won 3 titles in 9 years and finished 4th his last year he got fired. Brands then comes in and takes that 4th place team and gets 8th the next? He has won 3 titles in 12 years (all of which he did with a double recruiting class after gutting the program that gave him his first shot - classy) and got 4th in his most recent year. And has gotten only 1 runner-up finish which happened 4 years ago. Zalesky got a runner-up finish 2 years before he got fired.

You're conveniently leaving some things out. And to your question, that's a no. Mitch is every bit the troll that you are.

It was a sinking ship, if he was such a good coach he would have done something since then. 3 titles on the heels of a dynasty left to him by Gable. There was no PSU or fosu to contend with, Dual meet performance was going south, Big Ten performance was bad, product on the mat was declining. (11-7 dual meets, 6th at Big Tens, 4th NCAA). Brands 1st year with was 14-5 duals, 3rd at Bigs and 8th NCAA. Zalesky had Ty Eustice, Joe Johnston and Paul Bradley as Sr. wrestlers his last year to account for most of the NCAA points. Zalesky would have had a worse dual, big 10 and NCAA finish if he had coached another year vs what Brands did. 11-7 and 6th at big 10s is grounds for anyone coaching Iowa Wrestling to get fired, especially that far into their tenure.

Actually, top 5. Iowa has been top 5 every year since 2008. No other team has done that.

You're conveniently leaving some things out. And to your question, that's a no. Mitch is every bit the troll that you are.

Would be top 4 too if not for a team point deduction in 2016 dropping them a spot.

Thanks... I think?:p

But I have to highlite the differences here. I'm not on rivals forums stirring the pot. I stir the pot to trash the Hawks nearest two enemies ON THE IOWA FORUM! The fact that ISU and Minnesota are struggling to be competitive just makes it easier.

Thanks... I think?:p

But I have to highlite the differences here. I'm not on rivals forums stirring the pot. I stir the pot to trash the Hawks nearest two enemies ON THE IOWA FORUM! The fact that ISU and Minnesota are struggling to be competitive just makes it easier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT