ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Official.. Empty Arenas

Influenza has claimed 18,000 lives this year. Corona has claimed about 100. The elderly, particularly with pre existing conditions should be cautious. However, that is true for every year. We are moving out of Flu Season so I would make sure everyone over reacts. Medical Expert after Medical Expert has called out the Media for creating this hysteria. Wash your hands, keep your immune system boosted and move on.
has anyone younger and healthy died yet?

4c6f10617611c6387de2e760221559b1.gif

The 2 people I know were on an Egyptian cruise. They are in their 60's and are currently convalescing & recovering at home. I do not know the severity of their cases. If I hear anything to add to this, I will certainly do so.
it is interesting that it seems to affect the elderly much greater than anyone else

Influenza has claimed 18,000 lives this year. Corona has claimed about 100. The elderly, particularly with pre existing conditions should be cautious. However, that is true for every year. We are moving out of Flu Season so I would make sure everyone over reacts. Medical Expert after Medical Expert has called out the Media for creating this hysteria. Wash your hands, keep your immune system boosted and move on.

A) Corona is not a flu strain and no one knows if it's spread will decrease this spring.

a) Three weeks ago Italy had a total of 3 confirmed cases. Today it's over 12,000 cases and 800 deaths. We have no idea what the numbers in the US will be in 3 weeks.

But go ahead and "keep your immune system boosted", whatever that means.

Can’t speak to Iowa, but Nebraska announced today that its state tournaments are going to be essential personnel and immediate family members only. Would have to imagine that Iowa will follow suit

Thanks Uno. I would be shocked if they allow fans for tomorrow’s session.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I do not like it, but I do agree with it....
How would you like to be the one that has to live with fatalities that your decision could have avoided?

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
A) Corona is not a flu strain and no one knows if it's spread will decrease this spring.

a) Three weeks ago Italy had a total of 3 confirmed cases. Today it's over 12,000 cases and 800 deaths. We have no idea what the numbers in the US will be in 3 weeks.

Italy is especially vulnerable as it has one of the oldest populations in the world. Of those 800 the average age is 81.

has anyone younger and healthy died yet?
Younger and healthy acquire it and live...
Pass it on to older and less healthy....
Older and less healthy acquire, and some don’t live....

What if you knew you passed it on to your family members who then passed.....?

Italy also has amongst the highest percentage of elderly in the world, so it makes some sense that they would have a higher mortality rate as well

I'm absolutely speechless over this. Over-reaction of the highest order.

If we didn't realize the media has control over a large segment of the populations minds we do now.

They can create whatever level of hysteria they want over any issue they choose or completely bury any situation as if it never existed.

People being manipulated like sheep.

If we didn't realize the media has control over a large segment of the populations minds we do now.

They can create whatever level of hysteria they want over any issue they choose or completely bury any situation as if it never existed.

People being manipulated like sheep.

Yes and yes

What? The confirmed cases of this disease worldwide has grown from 51,857 cases on 15 February to 118,326 cases on 10 March. In that same period the number of confirmed deaths from it worldwide grew from 910 to 4292. See a trend? This is serious and has to be treated as such.

Reactions: Tunadog
I guess I just don’t understand why the NCAA chose to be the first. NHL and NBA arenas have been pretty quiet aside from Golden State (which is committing to one game, big whoop)..

I guess I just don’t understand why the NCAA chose to be the first. NHL and NBA arenas have been pretty quiet aside from Golden State (which is committing to one game, big whoop)..

Washington state banned large gatherings. Mariners to move home games out of state for now.

NCAA is definitely ahead of the curve on this though.

It's like dominos. As soon as some larger institutions begin shutting their doors, everyone follows suit.

The panic is on.... Its bout to get REAL interesting

Also, how awkward will it be for commentators. They know the players will hear their every word live.
I did play-by-play for a small college team many years ago and this actually happened once. There was a huge snow storm and there were only two fans who showed up. The broadcast team was stationed courtside. The players said they could basically hear every word the radio broadcast crew said. It was very awkward when we would, for example, describe a "sloppy pass" and then get a glare from the player.

They say the best way to fend it off is by washing your hands and don’t touch your face, etc.
Please give me a real disease to worry about like polio, small pox and measles. Crap how in the hell did our ancestors survive?
Holy cow!

But remember.... We don't need measles vaccines. Cause that disease isn't dangerous.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: BBHawk
This is plenty serious folks. Italy is on lockdown, over 800 dead, only hospitals and grocery stores are open. This bad boy spreads amazingly fast. Overreaction? Could be, but it might not be. Those in power (except for one person) are being proactive to stop a true epidemic from possibly sweeping our nation.

ADVERTISEMENT