ADVERTISEMENT

It’s pretty clear to me.....

That 11 pt lead disappeared so fast, hard to get a lineup change. Certainly by the time the lead had turned into a deficit, it was time to shake up the lineup and get better defensively.

Playing CMAC at the "4" has turned into a disaster. CMAC at the 2 with JBO is a disaster. I like JBO, but you better put in a lot quicker guard court to surround him because he got beat for probably 30 pts vs OSU.

What Fran has been doing and planned to do for the entire season is not working. He needs to look in the mirror.
This is a 4th or 5th place team if they don't get some stops.

That 11 pt lead disappeared so fast, hard to get a lineup change. Certainly by the time the lead had turned into a deficit, it was time to shake up the lineup and get better defensively.

A coach aware of situational basketball might have called a time out before too many possessions got away from them. I've actually seen it happen in other games.

Playing CMAC at the "4" has turned into a disaster. CMAC at the 2 with JBO is a disaster. I like JBO, but you better put in a lot quicker guard court to surround him because he got beat for probably 30 pts vs OSU.

What Fran has been doing and planned to do for the entire season is not working. He needs to look in the mirror.
This is a 4th or 5th place team if they don't get some stops.
There are these things called timeouts. Most coaches use them to slow down a run. Not Fran. He must get a bonus for unused timeouts or something. Or he likes to have 3 for the last minute of the game so he can draw up the JOBO running in circles play.

Yep defense is a problem.

Seems like it is for OSU as well. And Sparty (gave up 84 to us). And Minny (gave up 86). And MD (gave up 89!)
Don't even ask about Northwestern.

giphy.gif

He spent half the season tinkering with rotations. Then last game he finds a rotation with some athleticism and intensity on D. Then, when he needs stops down the stretch v tOSU, he..........never goes to that rotation.

Why are you trying these new groupings if it’s not to use them when the game calls for them? But have no fear, 10 mins after the game he basically admits those guys should have played more. W. T. F.

Solid group, very average coach. Is what it is.

A coach aware of situational basketball might have called a time out before too many possessions got away from them. I've actually seen it happen in other games.
Agree. However, the most telling for me, and don't get me wrong because I have supported Fran all along, is the final 17.5 seconds. That's a ton of time left in BB. We're down 4. For some unknown reason, Fran allows them to play on. The final shot attempts were a panic-filled spectacle. Fran could have gotten the ball to half court and call a quick TO. Set up something to the rim, maybe get a shot and/or a foul. Instead we hoist up 3's, and some wild 3's I may add. I don't remember seeing the Hawks hoist up panic 3's being down by 4 with 2 timeouts left. Was he saving them for the next game? (Sorry for the sarcasm).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT