ADVERTISEMENT

It appears everyone else in the division is making moves to get better, and we’re just treading water…

curtisj57

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2008
I know we got Cade through the portal, but we need several other positions. We can’t wait for freshmen to develop and contribute in year 3. We need players that can contribute NOW! The portal is the solution! Lots of good players in the portal on both sides of the ball, and everything is quiet in the Hawkeye western front. Are we just sleepwalking hoping things get better?!? Well, you can hope in one hand…

DAMMIT! And piss on Wisconsin!

How exactly do you think the portal works? Call dibs? It's recruiting all over. Unless a player has been to Iowa City during their high school recruitment I'd guess they would want to take a visit and weigh their options. They only get one free transfer.

I know we got Cade through the portal, but we need several other positions. We can’t wait for freshmen to develop and contribute in year 3. We need players that can contribute NOW! The portal is the solution! Lots of good players in the portal on both sides of the ball, and everything is quiet in the Hawkeye western front. Are we just sleepwalking hoping things get better?!? Well, you can hope in one hand…

Relax, Outrage Roy.

Nothing is broke dah

FWIW, there’s only 6 schools in the country that currently are showing a portal net gain as of today, according to On3. I’m anxious for good news too, but it’s still too early to pass judgment.

Data is our friend.
f46f7849bae9e957824ddc8089a78224.jpg

FWIW, there’s only 6 schools in the country that currently are showing a portal net gain as of today, according to On3. I’m anxious for good news too, but it’s still too early to pass judgment.
I never heard of that site...thanks. Looking at Cade's QB ranking for committed in portal, #3. But his overall ranking is only 95th. Interesting to look at what players are and how many are on it.

giphy.gif

I have no doubts we are trying in the portal. But what would convince you as a wide receiver to come to iowa?!? We’ve lost so many scholarship receivers and Chuck Sizzle had so much success elsewhere, not a good combo.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Fact of the matter, ever since Cade. We have heard nothing but bad news out of the portal. Every day that goes by doesn't give much hope to a hope starved fanbase,

th

All good- patience my Hawkeye brother- good things come to those who wait… Things will turn out good- it’s early still .. remember some of these “Kids” are making life altering decisions right now, not all but it fits into the mold of getting married, new car .. new house type of shit …

Reactions: cmhawks99
Relax, Outrage Roy.
Yes. Relax like the guy in these threads……

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/playing-poorly-is-one-thing-but-the-unforgivable-sin….406828/#post-10716720

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/no-matter-how-the-rest-of-the-game-turns-out….406811/

This doesn’t include the crybaby post that night that got deleted. If only everybody could relax like you kiddo………..

Until we see the most commonly mentioned targets going elsewhere... it's still too early to panic.

But the mods will be working OT if we lose out on all those guys.

Yes. Relax like the guy in these threads……

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/playing-poorly-is-one-thing-but-the-unforgivable-sin….406828/#post-10716720

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/no-matter-how-the-rest-of-the-game-turns-out….406811/

This doesn’t include the crybaby post that night that got deleted. If only everybody could relax like you kiddo………..
I was being facetious. Roy got it.

Yep - only solidifying the most important position in sports, almost immediately, is surely evidence of just how much the coaches are failures at this whole portal thing. How about you let this play out just a bit longer?

*** EDIT: Hawks #2 now on 2023 Transfer Team Rating after landing Erick All from Michigan.

Actually Curtis you are way off on your assumption. Iowa is leading the B1G West in 2023 Transfer Team Rating, 2023 HS Class and the 2024 HS Class.

2023 Transfer Team Rating (from competitive site)
Iowa #2
MI #4
Rest of B1G Not Rated (no transfers in yet)

2023 HS Class Team Rankings (Rivals)
Iowa #21
IL #32
NW #33
MN #43
NE #56
PU #57
WI #67

2024 HS Class Team Rankings (Rivals)
Iowa #8
NW #34
WI #34
IL #40
MN #40
NE - Not rated (no commits yet)
PU - Not rated (no commits yet)

Last edited:
Reactions: desihawk
Yep - only solidifying the most important position in sports, almost immediately, is surely evidence of just how much the coaches are failures at this whole portal thing. How about you let this play out just a bit longer?
I don’t see many punters in the portal.

And hit yourself in the face with the other.

Offensive Position groups:

1) QB- Significant upgrade
2) TE's- Slight increase
3) OL- Slight decrease
4) WR- Decrease

By the time the portal thing is done in January, we will see where we stand. As of right now it looks great.

Shhhhh. If your boss reads this he might look for a better option too and your dream of climbing the ladder are over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT