ADVERTISEMENT

It comes down to a 5 game season in the B1G West

cidsports

HB King

A night game will be down the road for the Hawkeyes. Sounds like the Minnesota game may end up being another 2:30 PM start?

1. Minnesota, Iowa are 3-1
  2. Wisconsin, Purdue are 2-2
  3. Illinois is 2-3
  4. Northwestern is 1-3
  5. Nebraska is 1-4
The road to Indianapolis starts officially on Saturday in Madison.

At QB, Spencer Petras vs. Graham Mertz, Iowa won last year 28-7. Like with Purdue heading to Iowa City this season, confidence and momentum are powerful. This could be an area to watch for Iowa.

Two players who have had good games against Wisconsin for Iowa, in the past, are RB Tyler Goodson and WR Tyrone Tracy, Jr. This would be a good week to see both play extremely well. Iowa also needs a 1-2-3 punch at RB?

I would like to see RB Gavin Williams as a short yardage back or change of pace back on Saturday.

When you look back at the heart of our schedule, the next two weeks were considered as two of our toughest games for the season. One will be early, 11 AM, which doesn't hurt for Iowa. On Iowa.

I tend to like the attitude @torbee is carrying this week. Iowa vs. Wisconsin is usually a completive, hard fought game. Iowa's strengths are special teams and defense. Both offenses have questions. Who establishes the line of scrimmage? This game will be a 60 minute game, most likely. I suspect a very competitive game on Saturday. Hopefully, Iowa is more like Penn State or Michigan, rather than Army or Purdue.

I am a Kirk Ferentz fan. I do believe he has put together a good staff. I doubt we will see a three headed monster at QB, like Purdue. I don't believe Wisconsin has the passing game that Jeff Brohm has each game against Iowa. The Hawkeyes should rebound in Week 9. Whether that means a win or not, is too early to know?

Iowa is 1-0 on the road in trophy games in 2021. Let's keep the tread going.

Kirk Ferentz is 4-5 in Madison as a head coach. Iowa averages 17, while Wisconsin averages 22. So, what will it take on Saturday?
As an assistant coach, Iowa was 5-0 at Wisconsin. The 1981 Hawkeyes won 17-7. The averages during the Ferentz-Fry era there, was Iowa 27, Wisconsin about 14.
Iowa beat Iowa State 27-17. Not sure how many points will play out on Saturday. Penn State beat Wisconsin 16-10 and the Badgers offense scored a 30-13 win on Saturday at Purdue, so the Hawkeyes have a lot of work on ahead of the Badgers this week.
On Iowa.

Let's hope the talk after this game on Saturday, isn't more of the same, from our last visit there.

Here's to a game, like 1981, 1983, 2003, 2005, 2009 or finally 2015. The most points scored in any of those games by Iowa was 27-21 in 2003, but that was only a 7-6 Badgers team. A game like 1981 is likely more realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News