ADVERTISEMENT

It finally happened...

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
I can't just eat whatever I want and not get fat. I've always exercised pretty regularly but never really paid much attention to what I stuffed down my gullet. Sometime in recent history I formed a gut. I haven't really changed my exercise routine so it must be that I have to watch what I eat a little closer. CSB

Started for me over the past year or so. But I’ve been a lot less active with both shoulders freezing.

• Wow
Reactions: TC Nole OX
I was cruising running half marathons and a full and playing basketball multiple times per week. Until I tore my ACL and meniscus. Then got back into it and tore meniscus again at 52 and now it’s rough. Dog walks and racquetball only.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
After 40 yrs, 90% of your weight is your diet. You just can’t outrun cheeseburgers anymore.

Self control when it comes to food, as I got older - was the HARDEST thing I've ever had to learn as anything else I've done in my entire life.

It sucks. Really does. I look back and I know that if I kept eating at 61 like I did even a decade ago, I'd weigh over 300 pounds by now. I was eating myself to death - it was that simple. It absolutely had to stop. Sodas, candy, chips, hell...traditional full dinners on a daily basis even.

It had to stop. HAD to.

I was cruising running half marathons and a full and playing basketball multiple times per week. Until I tore my ACL and meniscus. Then got back into it and tore meniscus again at 52 and now it’s rough. Dog walks and racquetball only.

I love racquetball. All my opponents have pussed out over the last few years. It tests the body in ways that biking and running can't.

How did you tear your knee up? Playing basketball?

All those joint / knee problems and you play racquetball?! I’ve got a trick knee that I’m constantly managing around injury with. One of the sports I found that aggravates it most is racquetball - which is a shame because I used to play all the time. I’m surprised you’re able to handle the hard stops, starts, and twisting it requires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT