ADVERTISEMENT

It is RECRUITING season!

Tom Brands and Morningstar the best recruiters in the country? I'm pumped about the momentum the Iowa wrestling program has right now, but I think they're in a race for 2nd in terms of recruiting firepower...

Reactions: Jaybird319
Tom Brands and Morningstar the best recruiters in the country? I'm pumped about the momentum the Iowa wrestling program has right now, but I think they're in a race for 2nd in terms of recruiting firepower...

I took it as he was referring to their salesmanship/charisma/persuasive skills, not just results, necessarily. They have Bael beat in the charms department, but they haven't yet learned how to carry around a pot of gold that can magically escape NCAA detection.....

That's fair, and I'm not complaining by any means, but the recruiting results out east speak pretty loudly.

Reactions: nitlion6
I took it as he was referring to their salesmanship/charisma/persuasive skills, not just results, necessarily. They have Bael beat in the charms department, but they haven't yet learned how to carry around a pot of gold that can magically escape NCAA detection.....
"Lets not turn this into a Penn State recruiting thread. We are all aware of whats going on out East."

I don't know about Parris, but I did notice something a bit interesting regarding potential HWT recruits today on 'the Twitter'...

1stplacehawk originally brought it to my attention a month or 2 ago that M* was favoriting some Cassioppi related tweets. Didn't really think too much of it until today when I saw @tcassioppi was following a bunch of hawkeye people on twitter, including Tom and Terry Brands. The more interesting part, IMO, is that Tom Brands just followed him. Tom usually doesn't follow anybody on the twitter unless it's for real, or theres a good chance at least. He's currently verballed to Northwestern, but we all know how much stock early verbals have nowadays. I have no inside info, just a gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if we landed this guy. Would be a very big 'get' IMO.

I don't know about Parris, but I did notice something a bit interesting regarding potential HWT recruits today on 'the Twitter'...

1stplacehawk originally brought it to my attention a month or 2 ago that M* was favoriting some Cassioppi related tweets. Didn't really think too much of it until today when I saw @tcassioppi was following a bunch of hawkeye people on twitter, including Tom and Terry Brands. The more interesting part, IMO, is that Tom Brands just followed him. Tom usually doesn't follow anybody on the twitter unless it's for real, or theres a good chance at least. He's currently verballed to Northwestern, but we all know how much stock early verbals have nowadays. I have no inside info, just a gut feeling, but I wouldn't be surprised if we landed this guy. Would be a very big 'get' IMO.

Excellent detective work my friend. Never considered him because of NW...moved on to other guys.

Mabye Iowa can get GS Hwt to flip? Excuse me, with their recruits it's vice versa, and vice versa..guess it depends on what Chair Chucker Qual's influence is!

Yep, now Indiana is out recruiting Iowa. Might as well fire TnT and I heard Kevin Jackson is available...always liked his body of work until he was unfairly fired

Hey - it's July 1, 2017 and Cael is officially unemployed. Somebody call Jimmy Johns in Happy Valley and see what shows up.

I'm waiting for someone to raise recruiting violation allegations. If he's not employed by F** State, then he can't be recruiting on the school's behalf. :D

Reactions: AFHawk86
I'm waiting for someone to raise recruiting violation allegations. If he's not employed by F** State, then he can't be recruiting on the school's behalf. :D
Not sure what you wrote is true. You don't have to be a coach under contract to be a school representative. Technically, I believe you and I could recruit for our schools if allowed.

ADVERTISEMENT