ADVERTISEMENT

It Looks Like Outrage Roy…

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
…might be right after all? @curtisj57, come take a bow.

FTR, I don’t understand a lot of the comments about Kris. One, he’s not Keegan (but he’s still the most talented player Iowa has). And two, his supporting cast isn’t great (and the best point guard Iowa has doesn’t even play half the game).

In the end, it’s going to come down to the transfer portal if Fran is going to ever be able to take the Iowa program to that elusive “next level.” Not being able to bring in a serviceable big in the offseason really hurt this team’s chances of being a top tier team in the B1G Ten this year.

Last, and I hate to say this, but PMac has never developed. That + a point guard of Bowen’s abilities were supposed to be the final cogs for a legitimate top 25 team. The former is a lost cause but the latter is in Fran’s hands. If Fran gives Bowen the freshman Keegan Murray treatment this season, then he needs fired yesterday.

The End.

I think the window for Fran to get to sweet16 likely passed....He had both Murray's for 2-years and didn't go all in on both of them right from the beginning. I'm not sure whether it is just Fran being stubborn to refuse to use the portal to pass over existing players or if his portal recruiting approach is Rat repellant---- a couple timely portal wins over the past few years would have put the program over the top.

Right now, the Front court outside of Murray is woof/terrible.... Rebraca, Pmac, Sandfort, CMAC, and JoshO are all below the rim and/or lacking skills/toughness/or in Sandforts case, he's lost his shot so far. I wouldn't say individually those guys are terrible, but none of them is starting material on a Top16 team right now.

Iowa is doomed....NIL program weak and woke, old man syndrome in both football and basketball head coaching and unable to adapt to changing landscape.

I think the window for Fran to get to sweet16 likely passed....He had both Murray's for 2-years and didn't go all in on both of them right from the beginning. I'm not sure whether it is just Fran being stubborn to refuse to use the portal to pass over existing players or if his portal recruiting approach is Rat repellant---- a couple timely portal wins over the past few years would have put the program over the top.

Right now, the Front court outside of Murray is woof/terrible.... Rebraca, Pmac, Sandfort, CMAC, and JoshO are all below the rim and/or lacking skills/toughness/or in Sandforts case, he's lost his shot so far. I wouldn't say individually those guys are terrible, but none of them is starting material on a Top16 team right now.

Iowa is doomed....NIL program weak and woke, old man syndrome in both football and basketball head coaching and unable to adapt to changing landscape.

"... weak and woke ..." WTF?

This team isn't long,.. 3 point shooting has to be there.

…might be right after all? @curtisj57, come take a bow.

FTR, I don’t understand a lot of the comments about Kris. One, he’s not Keegan (but he’s still the most talented player Iowa has). And two, his supporting cast isn’t great (and the best point guard Iowa has doesn’t even play half the game).

In the end, it’s going to come down to the transfer portal if Fran is going to ever be able to take the Iowa program to that elusive “next level.” Not being able to bring in a serviceable big in the offseason really hurt this team’s chances of being a top tier team in the B1G Ten this year.

Last, and I hate to say this, but PMac has never developed. That + a point guard of Bowen’s abilities were supposed to be the final cogs for a legitimate top 25 team. The former is a lost cause but the latter is in Fran’s hands. If Fran gives Bowen the freshman Keegan Murray treatment this season, then he needs fired yesterday.

The End.
so since it’s basketball season we’re firing the basketball coaches now? after two losses……I have trouble keeping up with all the discharges on here sometimes

I’ll do better

It’s called hyperbole.

Keep your pants on, St. Nick.
Angry Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

There were too many questions to buy the early hype. Likewise, it's too early to write them off.
The goal, as always, is making the NCAA tourney field immediately followed by doing something significant once there. This team still has a chance for both of those.
Even assuming a loss to isu, there's still opportunity in conference to make their case.

There were too many questions to buy the early hype. Likewise, it's too early to write them off.
The goal, as always, is making the NCAA tourney field immediately followed by doing something significant once there. This team still has a chance for both of those.
Even assuming a loss to isu, there's still opportunity in conference to make their case.
This is true but the league is going to be very tough. When perhaps our weakest team (Northwestern) beat MSU on the road, there are no easy wins.

Roy unfortunately isn't that far off most of the time. It's his delivery that is offensive. We are going to struggle if we can't shoot the ball better from outside. Rebounding, turnovers and health will be important factors

Every team for iowa this century has had a chance to do something in the tournament in March. Hasn’t happened.

Reactions: Macbride79
Roy unfortunately isn't that far off most of the time. It's his delivery that is offensive. We are going to struggle if we can't shoot the ball better from outside. Rebounding, turnovers and health will be important factors
😝

@curtisj57, you agree?
WELL THATS JUST A BUNCH OF HORSESHIT! 😁

Last edited:

I agree that the past two years were likely Fran's best chance to ever make a run in the NCAA tournament by at least getting to the Sweet 16 -- they won one tournament game combined over this last two year stretch. This is part of Fran's legacy, just like improving over the wreckage of Lickliter is part of the FM legacy.

I agree that the past two years were likely Fran's best chance to ever make a run in the NCAA tournament by at least getting to the Sweet 16 -- they won one tournament game combined over this last two year stretch. This is part of Fran's legacy, just like improving over the wreckage of Lickliter is part of the FM legacy.
Elite players (HS and portal) are also just refusing to sign with Iowa and would rather keep feeding the big dogs with name value even if those programs don't ultimately succeed or meet their expectations either..........

It's quite unfortunate.

Mark it,.. The next time we actually go sweet 16 will be a season when it didn't look likely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT