It's 100% clear to me that CHA is not the problem after watching the wrestling meet last night

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa

FMorTyKXsAIrRjB

iahawkeyes17

HR Heisman
Apr 22, 2014
why is there such low energy from fans at the men's game?

the fans at the women's game were electric.
Doesn’t help Iowa had 3 conference games on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday and only Saturday one vs a bad psu team sold out. When games are at 6 or 8 during the week doesn’t help. As for this one womens game it was an exception not the norm. First ever sell out under bluder. Don’t get me wrong loved that the fans came out for it. But if the combination of big 10 title being on the line, 3pm on a Sunday and the allure of seeing Clark play you don’t get a sellout let alone being close to that.

sad thing is I’m sure Iowa would’ve gotten a lot of large loud crowds last year with Garza.

wneff

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2003
When was the last time an Iowa mens bball team had a game of this importance at carver? Or in Iowa city?
Maybe the Minnesota game in 1982? Have to think there has been something else since then, but not gonna research it.

MepoDawg#

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2012
When was the last time an Iowa mens bball team had a game of this importance at carver? Or in Iowa city?
Last home game vs MSU. Or are you talking about B1G championship on the line in the final home game?

Seriously though, people are acting like Iowa has been Nebrasketball for years. Not only is the team winning they’ve have had or do have great individual players.

dekhawk

HR Heisman
Nov 14, 2001
Last home game vs MSU. Or are you talking about B1G championship on the line in the final home game?

Seriously though, people are acting like Iowa has been Nebrasketball for years. Not only is the team winning they’ve have had or do have great individual players.

Iowa mens bball has been average for many years , not Nebraskaball but no threats to win a big title or make a final four run.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Anyone watching the Iowa/Creighton women's game right now?

Carver is SOLD OUT and the place is freakin' LOUD.

No fan problem for the women. No arena problem, either.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Reactions: dekhawk

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Just turned it on. What is all this noise when people are just being the ball up the court? I've been watching men's basketball for years and I could have sworn you could only cheer when Iowa scores. How am I supposed to hear all the sneakers squeek?

men's basketball has a fan problem

TritonHawkeye

All-Conference
May 30, 2012
yep.

Men's basketball has a fan problem. As we saw today, Women's basketball does not. And wresting does not, either.
What a poor take. Comparing an 8pm week night start vs a noon Sunday Sweet 16 bid game.

I am gald fans turned out today but your take on who shows up and why is not well thought out...or you are just trolling.

blhawk

HR All-American
Oct 30, 2001
Anyone watching the Iowa/Creighton women's game right now?

Carver is SOLD OUT and the place is freakin' LOUD.

No fan problem for the women. No arena problem, either.
It's an NCAA tourney game and they are coming off an elite 8 and sweet 16 and playing go to another, little different than Penn St in January dumbass. What a stupid comparison. A program that can't make a sweet 16 deserves nothing, it's a bitch ass coach problem

Reactions: Hawktheworld