ADVERTISEMENT

It's Amy Coney Barrett

Just imagine what kind of a fit conservatives would be throwing if Obama had nominated a Muslim justice who belonged to a religious group that required its members to swear an oath to the group, and that decreed its female members must be subservient to men. We would never hear the end of how Obama was trying to destroy the USA and turn it into a Muslim theocracy. But when it is a far-right Christian, conservatives eat that shit up.

What exactly do they do that are "whackos" and can you give me evidence to back that up?
Are you capable of clicking the link I provided? You think women deferring decisions to their husbands, including voting, isn’t anti-Democratic and anti-American? Then you’re a whack job too.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Funny, I think it’s more disgusting to take away medical care from the unemployed in the middle of an economic crisis, and to leave 7 million Americans without the ability to secure health care coverage in the marketplace because they have a COVID pre-existing condition.

Reactions: Fluffles
Great judges— hope he gets two more in next four years. Breyer is in 80’s and maybe Thomas will step down for a 50 year old. Saving this country for 25 years

5dd50075708213335d033a9fd35384cd04a545bad53c492f7b093d1219cdfba3.png

The GOP is very frustrated that the left hasn't attacked her religion more. They're pleading with them to do it so much they almost sound like bigots themselves.

It’s the only reason they nominated her. Democrats can simply ask why Republicans are willing to reconvene for this and not Covid relief.

Funny, I think it’s more disgusting to take away medical care from the unemployed in the middle of an economic crisis, and to leave 7 million Americans without the ability to secure health care coverage in the marketplace because they have a COVID pre-existing condition.
Any ruling on the ACA wouldn’t take away anyone’s health care until something replaced it, and whatever replaces it will include the covering of pre existing conditions

I hope you're enjoying a great Saturday with a few cocktails.
Personally, I have nothing against Barrett. She’s well qualified. If she’s a constructionist in the mold of Gorsuch, or for that matter Scalia, the court will not be quick to overturn precedence.

The problem has come from the hypocrisy you and other GOP types expressed with this nomination.

It’s akin to my complaints about the process behind Bruce Harreld’s appointment to U of Iowa president. The Board of Regents ran a dog and pony show “saying” they wanted input from the University community into the new president, when that was the furthest thing from the truth. Bruce Rastetter has as much integrity as Mitch McConnell.

I do not like the path some in the GOP took by saying what amounted to "well the democrats would've done that" (I'm looking at you Grassley) Doing something out of spite is not a good road to go down. I don't expect any whining to take place from the GOP when the pendulum swings the other way and say "well that's what the republicans would've done"

Speaking of Grassley, the form letter I got from his office went on and on about how voters had their say with Trump and were so happy with the direction that Trump was going by expanding the republican majority. If Grassley and the GOP weren't worried about this election, then waiting wouldn't matter...and they would've looked less hypocritical.

I didn't ready any of this thread, but is anyone else concerned about her frizzy hair and split ends?

New Supreme Court configuration - Roberts moves left and Kavanaugh is swing vote. Breyer, Sotomayor, and Kagan will move slightly right to accommodate Roberts. Court moves to the right but not to the degree most think.

Roe v. Wade will not be overruled. But, very late term abortions will severely limited (as they should be).

Roberts will not allow his Court to be 6-3.

If she's willing to have herself appointed by Trump, she deserves no respect whatsoever, and has demonstrated that she has no respect for our constitution, the separation of powers or the rule of law, and has not place being on the Supreme Court. Republicans have abandoned our system of government and everything about it.

ADVERTISEMENT