ADVERTISEMENT

It's been awhile: what's on tap for the grill/smoker or kitchen this weekend?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
Looks like a cool front is going to roll through Houston on Saturday and a few of my friends have been killing it catching flounder, so planning on going out Sunday morning. So hopefully will be cooking up flounder and/or grilling up red fish on Sunday. I'm thinking Saturday will be something Oktoberfestive -

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Next two weekends I’m in Bermuda and the Bahamas back to back. So I’M not grilling anything. But I will be having some fried Wahoo on raisin bread Sammies and later some scorched conch, tropical conch salad, and cracked lobster made by others.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69 and CaboKP
Looks like a cool front is going to roll through Houston on Saturday and a few of my friends have been killing it catching flounder, so planning on going out Sunday morning. So hopefully will be cooking up flounder and/or grilling up red fish on Sunday. I'm thinking Saturday will be something Oktoberfestive -
Trying to decide between reverse sear ribeyes, and flank steak pinwheels with the pinwheel consisting of goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers.

Reactions: CaboKP
Sounds absolutely disgusting.

Nah it’s good. And I don’t even like raisins for the most part. I was forced as a kid to eat them about 3-4x a week. So I only like them if they’re transformed in cookings like a plumped up soaked in rum or Whiskey raisin that’s then cooked in some NOLA style bread pudding. But somehow in Bermuda in their signature dish it just works.

Art-Mels-fish-sandwich_Bermuda.jpg

It goes great with a Dark n Stormy using the local ginger beer Barritt’s and local rum Goslings Black Seal.

Working this weekend so nothing. Need to get the new smoker assembled and some mods bought.

Nah it’s good. And I don’t even like raisins for the most part. I was forced as a kid to eat them about 3-4x a week. So I only like them if they’re transformed in cookings like a plumped up soaked in rum or Whiskey raisin that’s then cooked in some NOLA style bread pudding. But somehow in Bermuda in their signature dish it just works.

Art-Mels-fish-sandwich_Bermuda.jpg

It goes great with a Dark n Stormy using the local ginger beer Barritt’s and local rum Goslings Black Seal.
That’ll work.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I wanted to put some chili on the smoker. May have to wait a few weeks though. The Clemson home game next weekend means I’ll be at Doak next weekend and I’m just too dadgum busy this weekend.

Reactions: Moral
I just picked up my quarter of black angus beef so I will be firing up the wave this weekend. I got the tongue so I am not ruling out lengua tacos this weekend.

I don't dislike lengua, but give me the cheek or cabeza tacos any day. Tripe is not my cup of beef.

I just picked up my quarter of black angus beef so I will be firing up the wave this weekend. I got the tongue so I am not ruling out lengua tacos this weekend.
Pastrami that tongue. It’s awesome

Not much today.

Will start Chili in the crockpot tomorrow about 7am.

Bold strategy. How did the charred parts turn out?

The pics don't really do them justice. I thought the same thing when I looked at the pictures, that it looks real burned.

They weren't though, actually one of my better cooks I've done in a long time. I think I started with better meat than I usually do, and I got to use the pk rather than my usual pellet pooper.

Could they have been better? Yeah, probably, but they were still really good and got good reviews from my folks as well.

Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT