ADVERTISEMENT

IT'S GAME DAY, BITCHES! WOOOO!

He's going to have to grow on me. He's obviously talented and did a good with the play-by-play, but when he gets excited and raises his voice, it really makes me miss Gene.

I loved Gene and his enthusiasm, both with the Noles and Bucs games through the years. But damn, I won't miss the over-exited, incorrect calls..."Deep pass in the end zone...TOUCHDOWN SEMINOLESSSSSSSS!!! ......long pause......No, it's dropped."

I loved Gene and his enthusiasm, both with the Noles and Bucs games through the years. But damn, I won't miss the over-exited, incorrect calls..."Deep pass in the end zone...TOUCHDOWN SEMINOLESSSSSSSS!!! ......long pause......No, it's dropped."

That's just part of the charm!

Nice. Is there a Nole meet up place? My college roommate who lives in Metairie told me he wasn't sure if there was an official one.
Not sure. We will either get in late Friday or Saturday and I think we’re going to bar hop.

Reactions: cmanole
Observations from the game.

It ended up being a nice night to watch football in August. A little damp but the temp was pleasant.

Novell: Why? Why go for two after the first td and why not go for it after the second? Why let Tate throw it on fourth and long when three points was a given? I worry about his thought process. He’ll cost us a game or two.

Tate: Late. Late on his throws. Third string qb imo. I know he looks good in practice but he’s not a gamer. Let Duffy back up Travis.

Defense: They will get gashed on the reg. They can’t stop misdirection and they have a hard time covering two wide/flanker sets. Against better teams we are in trouble. If the Dukes kept going to those two schemes they would have scored and made it closer than it should have been.

RBs: They are good. Benson is slippery.

I was there too. Was more than happy for the delay, I'd much rather have the game delayed so I can sit at the tailgate and drink, rather than play five minutes and get a 90 minute delay. And it was more comfortable after the delay than before.

Going for two was just to put something on tape for LSU to think about. Maybe if its good it's more effective, but at least its something LSU has to spend some time on now. If in a serious game situation we have a walk on throwing to another walk on, then I'll have more thoughts on it.

I have zero problem with the 4th down call.

Agree with you that Tate is terrible and you have to move Duffy up. You just can't play Rodemaker in a real game.

I'm not at all convinced as you are that the defense is problematic. Our best corner was out (Cooper) and there's a fairly big dropoff unfortunately. As McCall and Thomas develop over the season, that gap should be a little less hopefully, but Jarrion Jones just isn't it.

But Dusquene only had 164 yards on 3.5 yards per play, and only advanced past the 50 like once, and that was with no takeaways and only one sack. I'm not saying this is a top five defense or anything, but nothing Dusquene did indicated massive problems. Yes, we will get burned some by good teams, but that's why they are good teams, and there are usually only about 3-4 teams in the country every year that can really clamp down on good teams. The defense looked good enough for an 8 win team. If we don't get Cooper back full go, then I'll be a little more concerned.

Reactions: goldmom and cmanole
I was there too. Was more than happy for the delay, I'd much rather have the game delayed so I can sit at the tailgate and drink, rather than play five minutes and get a 90 minute delay. And it was more comfortable after the delay than before.

Going for two was just to put something on tape for LSU to think about. Maybe if its good it's more effective, but at least its something LSU has to spend some time on now. If in a serious game situation we have a walk on throwing to another walk on, then I'll have more thoughts on it.

I have zero problem with the 4th down call.

Agree with you that Tate is terrible and you have to move Duffy up. You just can't play Rodemaker in a real game.

I'm not at all convinced as you are that the defense is problematic. Our best corner was out (Cooper) and there's a fairly big dropoff unfortunately. As McCall and Thomas develop over the season, that gap should be a little less hopefully, but Jarrion Jones just isn't it.

But Dusquene only had 164 yards on 3.5 yards per play, and only advanced past the 50 like once, and that was with no takeaways and only one sack. I'm not saying this is a top five defense or anything, but nothing Dusquene did indicated massive problems. Yes, we will get burned some by good teams, but that's why they are good teams, and there are usually only about 3-4 teams in the country every year that can really clamp down on good teams. The defense looked good enough for an 8 win team. If we don't get Cooper back full go, then I'll be a little more concerned.
Good points all.

Reactions: goldmom
Nice. Is there a Nole meet up place? My college roommate who lives in Metairie told me he wasn't sure if there was an official one.
It appears there is a Greater New Orleans Seminole Club event on Saturday. Trying to get the details.

ADVERTISEMENT