2683ca891f317dbd77958eb80df71356.jpg

636355525778233843-tailgate1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Tailgate.jpg

636097074762853126-IOW-0917-tailgating-02.jpg

3e2dd556aef8a1b4599f02e9b29206fd.jpg

5c0b756950a3b02eec094237d61f7071--tailgating-iowa.jpg

I miss Magic Bus

I miss the hard tickets. What I don't miss is leaving Friday night, getting 10 miles down the road, and realizing you forgot the f***ing tickets at home.

• Love
Reactions: torbee
I miss the hard tickets. What I don't miss is leaving Friday night, getting 10 miles down the road, and realizing you forgot the f***ing tickets at home.
That's been replaced by the "near Kinnick and forgot to save the tickets to my phone/digital wallet and I can't get Internet service"...had that happen at the 2019 Penn State game...on Melrose heading to parking ramp when I realize I can't get a connection...ended up driving out to the Carlos O'Kelly's parking lot and downloading them and driving back to the ramp...that little trip set me back about 90 minutes

NDSU and Wisconsin are the only two fanbases that tailgate/party/drink beer at the same/higher rate than Iowa fans.

They were awesome guests, even though their team broke our hearts. Genuinely fun, down-to-earth folks.
One of my biggest regrets is not coming to Iowa City for that game. My buddies said it was one of the best away tailgates they’d been to. I made it down to Ames and Manhattan, but I honestly didn’t think NDSU had a chance against Iowa.

Iowa will win 9 or 10 games this year. They will be solid, as always. Iowa fans should be thankful for what they have. Many teams would love to be so consistent. The grass isn't always greener. Look no further than FSU since Jimbo's last year, or Auburn, or Nebraska, or the gators. Cherish what you have, not what you could get lucky and possibly have.
You have no idea how many games Iowa will win. Yeah we could be Auburn or Florida and have to play an SEC schedule but luckily for Kirk and the rest of us we get to play in the bten west and have only had to play Michigan/OSU once in the past 4 regular seasons

Oh and the 3 years prior to 21 Florida finished 7th (Peach Bowl win), 6th (Orange Bowl win) and 13th (SEC championship game and cotton bowl appearances).... all better than Kirk's best season since 15. Hell, Auburn finished 10th with SEC championship gm berth in 17 and finished 14th in 19....oh the horror! 😂

I'm not saying Kirk isn't doing a good job overall despite the offense being shit but prior to 18 his consistency was losing 5 or more games in 7 of 8 seasons. It's been a solid run but let's just see how we do VS a big boy schedule before chalking up 9/10 wins, huh?

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I wouldn’t underestimate the Bunnies. They’re #2 in FCS and they’re offense can be tough to prepare for. This will be an unpopular opinion on here but I think this will be a one score game.

You have no idea how many games Iowa will win. Yeah we could be Auburn or Florida and have to play an SEC schedule but luckily for Kirk and the rest of us we get to play in the bten west and have only had to play Michigan/OSU once in the past 4 regular seasons

Oh and the 3 years prior to 21 Florida finished 7th (Peach Bowl win), 6th (Orange Bowl win) and 13th (SEC championship game and cotton bowl appearances).... all better than Kirk's best season since 15. Hell, Auburn finished 10th with SEC championship gm berth in 17 and finished 14th in 19....oh the horror! 😂

I'm not saying Kirk isn't doing a good job overall despite the offense being shit but prior to 18 his consistency was losing 5 or more games in 7 of 8 seasons. It's been a solid run but let's just see how we do VS a big boy schedule before chalking up 9/10 wins, huh?
Why all the hostility?

Care to make it interesting? I'm always up for an avatar/sig etc. bet.
Oh definitely. My old ass will potentially have to remember how to change an avatar on this site though. So I’m saying SDSU wins or loses by 7 or less. I’ll leave the consequences of the bet up to you.

Oh definitely. My old ass will potentially have to remember how to change an avatar on this site though. So I’m saying SDSU wins or loses by 7 or less. I’ll leave the consequences of the bet up to you.
Hmmmm, that will require some thought. What about whoever loses has to change their avatar to a simple white background with the phrase "I AM FOOTBALL DUMB" on it that they have to leave up until the next game?

That should be easy enough to create and upload.

Hmmmm, that will require some thought. What about whoever loses has to change their avatar to a simple white background with the phrase "I AM FOOTBALL DUMB" on it that they have to leave up until the next game?

Perfect, and in my case very accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
SDSU 7
Iowa 23

Iowa leads 13-7 at half, concessions runs out of water and are forced to sub Busch Light
Late TD by hawks to cover
This is probably the pre-first game irrational optimism talking, but I think Iowa gets back closer to the 31 PPG it scored in 2020 than whatever the abomination was we called offense last year. I like the new running backs a lot and think the O-line will be better.

Looking forward to seeing the new avatar. But seriously, who scored 7 points with 2 safeties?

I wouldn’t underestimate the Bunnies. They’re #2 in FCS and they’re offense can be tough to prepare for. This will be an unpopular opinion on here but I think this will be a one score game.
Boom.
Although, somehow one score came in three parts.

ADVERTISEMENT