ADVERTISEMENT

It's grilling season, boyz. Let's hear your favorite dishes.

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
For me, nothing beats a good ribeye steak and a baked potato, but lately I've become very partial to Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken. Fresh squeezed orange juice and lemon juice, Sriracha sauce, honey, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, orange marmalade, and some other spices. Garnish it with green onions and orange zest and serve it over rice with some grilled asparagus on the side. I could eat this just about every day and never get tired of it.

Honey-sriracha-orange-chicken-8.jpg

For me, nothing beats a good ribeye steak and a baked potato, but lately I've become very partial to Honey Sriracha Orange Chicken. Fresh squeezed orange juice and lemon juice, Sriracha sauce, honey, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, orange marmalade, and some other spices. Garnish it with green onions and orange zest and serve it over rice with some grilled asparagus on the side. I could eat this just about every day and never get tired of it.

Sounds good. That is about the only way I'll eat chicken breasts any more. Covered in some sort of sauce or marinade. Too boring otherwise.

I know it may be little low brow for HROTers but I love a big pork steak sprinkled with a little steak seasoning. Grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms on the side.

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
As far as meat a good old fashion burger is simple yet the best. Grill some asparagus and some kind of potatoes with cheese, bacon and whatever else you desire in a tin foil pouch and its a perfect meal.

Grilling season never ends. Three days a week, all year long.

Did some Filet kebobs last night using eggplant on the skewers.

Thick ass Chops on Friday.

I think my favorite thing to grill though is a London Broil after soaking it in a Sesame Ginger marinade for a while.

Nothing like taking a cheap cut of meat and turning it into the best thing ever.

Reactions: belezabro
Ribeye topped with blue cheese and butter and grilled asparagus. Thick pork chops, cooked medium rare.

Grilling season never ends. Three days a week, all year long.

Did some Filet kebobs last night using eggplant on the skewers.

Thick ass Chops on Friday.

I think my favorite thing to grill though is a London Broil after soaking it in a Sesame Ginger marinade for a while.

Nothing like taking a cheap cut of meat and turning it into the best thing ever.

If you like doing that, try this:

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5387

This recipe is freaking incredible.

Fresh asparagus, light rub with olive oil, salt, and a substantial amount of pepper, red chili flakes - piece of OiT's extra tinfoil, hot grill for a few minutes = awesome.

Reactions: TJ8869

That looks nothing short of spectacular!!!! Can you include the recipe and directions?

Great work there Chef.

Reactions: IACub
Hot dogs and microwaved beans.

We have kids and no time. I miss food.

Man...............I love beans and wieners, but I do them on the stove. I can eat a 12 pack of Hebrew National Wieners in good beans at one sitting. And best of all, it's really healthy food!!!!

Reactions: Sly hawk
Buddy showed me this recipe for ground beef smashed into a circle and served in a bun.

Top with cheese for added flavor

Didn't he show you how to put a dent in the middle? Man Sly, you need to shadow me for a couple years. I can help you man.

I'm doing simple pork loin chops tonight.

I've always thought rib-eyes were overrated, but I realize I'm in the minority. I'm a porterhouse guy.

Also going to grill a pineapple. Never done that before.

Will report, of course.

Simple bone in ribeye soaked in Worcester and seasonings overnight. Have 3 5x8 asparagus patches in the empty lot, will have that as a side for 15 times now. Also do 60+ quarts of sweet corn from the previous season in the deep freeze. Only 8 bags left, but that should hold me over until July.

Reactions: unIowa
Grilled some shrimp last night for some shrimp tacos with a homemade mango salsa.

Reactions: Niko13
fresh salmon filet with a maple bourbon glaze, Pair it with a nice Pinot Noir.

You actually garnish it with orange zest? I might fly down to Florida and seize your grill.

How about 8 oz Prime beef fillets, rubbed with a cowboy coffee rub? Put that with a bottle of well aged cabernet sauvignon. Throw in one of those giant-ass baked potatoes too.

I'm doing simple pork loin chops tonight.

I've always thought rib-eyes were overrated, but I realize I'm in the minority. I'm a porterhouse guy.

Also going to grill a pineapple. Never done that before.

Will report, of course.
Porterhouse is a very close second for me. I've heard of grilling with pineapples but never heard of grilling a pineapple. What's the plan?

It's all about the fatties:

teriyaki-chicken-fatty-6.jpg
How do you make a fattie that big? I always use a gallon ziplock bag, but could never get that big of a center channel in that way. Also, do you do the braided bacon. I did it once but lost the patience for it and have since just crumbled the bacon into the eggs.

How do you make a fattie that big? I always use a gallon ziplock bag, but could never get that big of a center channel in that way. Also, do you do the braided bacon. I did it once but lost the patience for it and have since just crumbled the bacon into the eggs.

I use a cookie sheet and Saran Wrap instead of the Ziploc bag. And yes, the bacon weave really doesn't take that long once you get the hang of it. Really improves the presentation and helps prevent the contents from leaking and erupting out while cooking.

Reactions: thewop
Porterhouse is a very close second for me. I've heard of grilling with pineapples but never heard of grilling a pineapple. What's the plan?
Mrs. LC & I went to one of those Argentine-style all-you-can eat grilled meat places last summer in Niagara Falls, and we pretty much agreed that the hit of the menu was the pineapple. They put it on a skewer, rubbed it with some sugar and roasted it over the coals.

I'm going to cut a couple of thick slices, rub them with a little sugar and give them maybe 4-5 minutes a side, watching carefully to avoid burning, serve them with the pork loin chops, steamed asparagus and packets of potatoes & onions in foil on the grill. After a tossed salad to start.

Reactions: N_fuego and TJ8869
I believe green beans would be good. Of course, "grilling" doesn't always mean people are putting direct heat onto the food - many times "grilled" veggies are wrapped in foil with various spices and oils and are steaming, and other times people have them off to the side of the heat "roasting".

Okra is interesting to grill. Just splash them around in some olive oil, salt & pepper, and enjoy.

"Grilling season never ends" was stated earlier in the thread and I agree.

Tonight it's pork chops with a cayenne pepper rub.

I'd like to know more about this.

London Broils come in two different shapes. Both are thicker than a normal steak but one is Flatter like a thick looking skirt steak or and the other is a cubed cylinder. I tend to like the flatter ones better due to there being more surface area, therefore more char. BOTH ARE PICTURED BELOW.

Fork your meat. I usually hit all four sides with a fork about 8-10 times. I'll get the off the shelf sesame ginger marinade (Ken's I think). Put it in a ziplock with all of the marinade and leave on the counter. The MOST IMPORTANT THING about grilling beef is allowing it to get to room temp.

After an hour in the marinade, take it out and season it with garlic powder, onion powder, S N P.

Put your grill on MED HIGH (about a little over 3/4 of the way of you have a gas grill but all are different.).

Put meat on grill. Cover for 2 minutes. Rotate 90 degrees. Cover.
2 minutes. Flip. Cover
2 minutes. Rotate 90 and turn off grill and cover.

IF YOU DO THE CYLYNDRICAL ONE, CUT TIME BY 30 secs and do,all four sides.

After about 8 more minutes depending on the thickness. Take out and let rest.

Carve thinly at 22 degree angle.

It pairs best with my spaghetti ala carbonara (that's what you need to learn). But the normal trimmings will do.

london-broil-steak-horiz-a-2000.jpg

London-Broil.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT