ADVERTISEMENT

It's now legal to run over protesters in some states

Good news. Now if we just progress to being allowed to shoot anyone with their face covered during group demonstration without hesitation the world could really be a better place.
The Deplorables batphoned the calvary. So much horrible humanity in this thread. If any gods be real, I curse you all in their name. May your cars fail to operate until you join a protest and apologize.

No I'm not painting it as accidental at all. I'm saying that if the protesters deliberately put themselves in harms way by protesting in a place where cars are suppose to be they should expect to be run over by a car. If they have a problem with that stay off the effin road. I have no problem with drivers deliberately running them over, none whatsoever. I think the protesters should be responsible for any damages to the car.

And yes I'm dead serious about this.
You just described an accident. We are discussing where a car comes to a stop. Knows the protesters are there and not threatening. Then decides to run them down because the road geography gives them that right. Say that's wrong. Stop being a shill for killing.

You are really in the deep end and you have a lot of company. Deplorable hardly does you folks justice. Show this thread to your granddaughter. Show her who grandpa really is. You better hope you are drunk, because this is shameful of the first order. I lack the vocabulary to describe how horrible support of this position is.

Reactions: hawkbirch
You just described an accident. We are discussing where a car comes to a stop. Knows the protesters are there and not threatening. Then decides to run them down because the road geography gives them that right. Say that's wrong. Stop being a shill for killing.
It would only be wrong if the driver didn't back up a ways to get more speed, no sense in making dumbasses suffer like that.

Conversation we are having has never been about just running 50 miles an hour into protesters. Of course that's the picture you guys wanted to paint of the situation. But as usual you guys are dishonest. We are talking about people blocking traffic and trying to stop people from leaving in their cars. Just like the original post and video.

But I'm pretty sure you are going to tell me that that car in the original video was in the wrong and the protesters were in the right. And see that's where we disagree. You're insane I'm not.

If you try and stop someone from leaving in their vehicle you deserve whatever you get. That is a threat when you put your hands on their vehicle or are trying impede their progress in any way. As such if you get run over and killed it's on you not the car
It's never been about running them over at 50 mph. It's always been about your OP, deliberately crushing skulls at 5 mph with no threat or emergency, just the desire to kill anyone who gets in your way.

And I haven't said the protesters are right. I said you arrest them. I said you don't legalize execution squads. You are a bad American. Where is your devotion to due process and civil law? You are a little tyrant.

It would only be wrong if the driver didn't back up a ways to get more speed, no sense in making dumbasses suffer like that.
Let me know what your grandkids think when you tell them of Grandpa's value system. Be sure to tell them in front of the whole family. Mother's Day might be a good time to explain the virtues of killing defenseless people who get in your way. Maybe your wife will slap some sense into you.

Let me know what your grandkids think when you tell them of Grandpa's value system. Be sure to tell them in front of the whole family. Mother's Day might be a good time to explain the virtues of killing defenseless people who get in your way. Maybe your wife will slap some sense into you.
Defenseless? All they have to do is get out of the effin road. My wife would make me back up to make sure the dude was dead.

Reactions: terrehawk
You have no right to make other peoples lives miserable. Liberals just love to make other peoples lives miserable though.
That means there is no right to run people over with your car too. Now stand for what you just wrote and condemn vigilante killing.

If you want to try to run over some protesters, you'd better hope you get away from the scene. Because if you don't, you'll probably be lucky to survive. And, even if you did and the cops didn't arrest you, you'll be a target for the rest of your life.

It's never been about running them over at 50 mph. It's always been about your OP, deliberately crushing skulls at 5 mph with no threat or emergency, just the desire to kill anyone who gets in your way.

And I haven't said the protesters are right. I said you arrest them. I said you don't legalize execution squads. You are a bad American. Where is your devotion to due process and civil law? You are a little tyrant.
See, i knew you were crazy.

Those people tried to prevent the car from leaving. They put their hands on the car and then were hitting the car and tryingto physically stop the car from leaving.

Unbelievable that you would blame the person in the car who is just trying to get out of there but not the people attacking the car.

Insane.

Those people got exactly what they deserve. Its just a shame a few more didnt get caught under it

Reactions: Gimmered
In the drivers defense, they didn't take off and drive over the protestors until the one approached the drivers door and potentially tried opening it. He was reaching for something.

America has gotten mean, selfish and vengeful.
Absolutely. The left is disgusting. I'm just glad you're finally starting to see it and admit it.

Not many things are more mean selfish and vengeful than blocking traffic in the middle of the street because you're throwing a temper tantrum and can't get your way thus interrupting law-abiding citizens who are just trying to go about their day.

Who knew that Chris Christie was your hero?!

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeye54545
Here is one from today.

LOL at the protester claiming the driver had no regard for human life.

Don't touch somebody's vehicle and get out of the street when someone is trying to go through.

Every one of those people deserve anything that comes to them for trying to stop that truck

Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
I'd be willing to bet that there isn't a single poster on this board that would have the balls to see a group of protesters in the street, and then floor it to hit them.

I'm not flooring it and driving through them. But as I get closer and closer and they start pounding on the windows and the hood of the car, as a matter of self defense, I'm not stopping and will continue to move forward. If one of them falls or get run over, I'm surely not stopping or getting out in a mob that's trying to hurt me.

I want to think this post is just full of internet tough guys fluffing their feathers but 6 pages makes that impossible to believe. There are people on HROT that think killing someone because he or she is in your way is not only acceptable but something to brag about on the internet? Wow. I've read a lot of things on the internet that make me shake my head but holy hell, this thread might be a new low.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Here is one from today.

LOL at the protester claiming the driver had no regard for human life.

Don't touch somebody's vehicle and get out of the street when someone is trying to go through.

Every one of those people deserve anything that comes to them for trying to stop that truck

WTF is a protest marshal? They were worried about the safety of the kids? Get them out if the street then! We're living in Bizarro world.

"Severely"? Why?

What sort of punishment do you think is appropriate for acts of civil disobedience?

Because standing in the roads and blocking traffic is a threat to public safety on several levels. It makes accidents more likely as people approaching don't expect cars in the middle of the road fully stopped. It makes it more likely that you may be hurt or killed as well.

On top of that it's a threat for any emergency vehicle trying to get through the area.

I would say 3 months in jail min for the first offense with a possibility of up to a year.

2nd offense make the minimum 2 years.

3rd offense make it 5 years.

Blocking traffic isn't civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is disobeying laws that you find immoral. I've never seen anyone out protesting against laws which don't allow you to block traffic.

At best is it is inconviencing the remainder of the community for your protest. You have the right to protest, you don't have the right to stop people in the normal course of their activities. At worst it's a threat to public safety which may get several people killed.

If I'm in a car on a road being blocked by protesters and I need to pick my kindergartner up from school, I'm going to do what I can to get to my child because this is what is important to me. That doesn't mean I'm going to drive in to the crowd at 50mph, but I may try to inch up and plead my case with the protesters and have faith that they are reasonable people. Maybe that's a stupid approach on my part. All that said, if while doing so, someone comes at my car aggressively, how am I to know they aren't packing a gun, a knife, etc with the intent to harm me. My weapon is obvious, but I may not be the only one with a weapon.

Reactions: Chuck C
This post certainly is not aging well

In your mind I am sure it isn't.

You know, you mention your safety and your family safety as a reason to kill the protesters. But if your family's safety is your number one concern, why are you driving into the protesters? If you were in the car in the first video what choice could he have made that would have maximized his chance of safety? Not what he has a right to do, but what was the safest choice?

Civil Disobedience does not give you the right to impede my progress on the highway. Get in the way and you may get run over.

Its all on you comrade.

Approach my car trying to stop my car and that is a threat.

There it is, impeding your progress; very different than threatening and inherently fearful.

You are ok with protesting as long as it doesn't inconvenience you.

If you don't want to admit that obvious truth, deep down you must not feel good about it.

If I'm in a car on a road being blocked by protesters and I need to pick my kindergartner up from school, I'm going to do what I can to get to my child because this is what is important to me. That doesn't mean I'm going to drive in to the crowd at 50mph, but I may try to inch up and plead my case with the protesters and have faith that they are reasonable people. Maybe that's a stupid approach on my part. All that said, if while doing so, someone comes at my car aggressively, how am I to know they aren't packing a gun, a knife, etc with the intent to harm me. My weapon is obvious, but I may not be the only one with a weapon.

I think most people agree with this. Many posters advocating running them over aren't arguing specific scenarios, they are demanding a bright line rule allowing them to kill them in all scenarios.

No I'm not painting it as accidental at all. I'm saying that if the protesters deliberately put themselves in harms way by protesting in a place where cars are suppose to be they should expect to be run over by a car. If they have a problem with that stay off the effin road. I have no problem with drivers deliberately running them over, none whatsoever. I think the protesters should be responsible for any damages to the car.

And yes I'm dead serious about this.

At least you are honest, in the immediate post after this one terre claims this isn't what he and you are saying. Even after he liked this post he claimed it.

I want to think this post is just full of internet tough guys fluffing their feathers but 6 pages makes that impossible to believe. There are people on HROT that think killing someone because he or she is in your way is not only acceptable but something to brag about on the internet? Wow. I've read a lot of things on the internet that make me shake my head but holy hell, this thread might be a new low.

I have friends, unfortunately, who were attending an Iowa football game last fall and expressed disappointment that there hadn't been protesters on the interstate because they wanted to run over those "Hillary wackos". This wasn't out of character for them.

Terri's claim he is fearful is horseshit.

Actually no it isn't. There never would have been a time that this crap would have been tolerated. Police would have dealt with them long before it got to this point. America has grown soft, that is the problem.
I'm going to choose to read this as you coming to realize you were wrong. Police are exactly the proper recourse to protesters blocking traffic, as the sane folks in the thread have said repeatedly.

Well, then you are misreading this entirely. Nobody is advocating for just plowing through a protest at 50 miles an hour just so you can kill people. You people are stupid

Everyone is talking about if they've stopped traffic and you want to leave with your car and they try to stop you it's on the protesters if they get hurt.

If they touch your car in any way or try to impede your progress as you try to leave that is a threat and anything that comes to them after that is on them not you. Again it is a threat if they touch your car or try to impede your progress

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
In your mind I am sure it isn't.

You know, you mention your safety and your family safety as a reason to kill the protesters. But if your family's safety is your number one concern, why are you driving into the protesters? If you were in the car in the first video what choice could he have made that would have maximized his chance of safety? Not what he has a right to do, but what was the safest choice?
To leave.

We've all seen liberals torch cities and Destroy property and pull people out of cars and beat them up. I am not sitting in traffic waiting for your little protest and just hoping that it doesn't turn violent.

So, if I want to leave with my car you should get the **** out of the way. If I try and leave with my car and you try and impede my progress in any way, whatever comes to you including your death by being run over is your fault. Not mine.

There it is, impeding your progress; very different than threatening and inherently fearful.

You are ok with protesting as long as it doesn't inconvenience you.

If you don't want to admit that obvious truth, deep down you must not feel good about it.
Of course I don't want to be inconvenienced. They have no right to impede anybody's progress or interfere with anybody's daily lives

If you don't want to get run over and killed don't stand in the road. Particularly if you don't want to die, don't try and stop a vehicle from leaving when they try to leave. This is not hard but you guys are obviously just trying to argue just to argue.

I think most people agree with this. Many posters advocating running them over aren't arguing specific scenarios, they are demanding a bright line rule allowing them to kill them in all scenarios.
No they're not. But that is the direction the crazy Liberals are running with so they can justify disrupting other people's lives for their petty little cause

At least you are honest, in the immediate post after this one terre claims this isn't what he and you are saying. Even after he liked this post he claimed it.
If I am trying to leave with my car and you are trying to stop me and you try and break into my car and you hit my car, absolutely I'm going to run over your ass. Get the **** out of the way

I have friends, unfortunately, who were attending an Iowa football game last fall and expressed disappointment that there hadn't been protesters on the interstate because they wanted to run over those "Hillary wackos". This wasn't out of character for them.

Terri's claim he is fearful is horseshit.
You are correct in that I'm not fearful of much. But if you try and stop my car on a highway it is on you if you get hurt or killed. The lesson here kids, is if you stay out of the road you probably won't be killed

I'm going to choose to read this as you coming to realize you were wrong. Police are exactly the proper recourse to protesters blocking traffic, as the sane folks in the thread have said repeatedly.
Sorry crazy liberal. If they're blocking traffic and I want to leave because I'm not going to sit here and wait for the police you should let me leave period if I try to leave with my vehicle and you try and impede my progress by touching my car or trying to break into it it is on you if you get run over and killed. Get the **** out of the road

Sorry crazy liberal. If they're blocking traffic and I want to leave because I'm not going to sit here and wait for the police you should let me leave period if I try to leave with my vehicle and you try and impede my progress by touching my car or trying to break into it it is on you if you get run over and killed. Get the **** out of the road
I've used similar logic in abortion debates. I choose to read this as your defence of a person's right to leave a fetus anytime it gets in the way. I can adapt to a world where we can kill things that cause inconvenience. Be careful what you wish for.

I've used similar logic in abortion debates. I choose to read this as your defence of a person's right to leave a fetus anytime it gets in the way. I can adapt to a world where we can kill things that cause inconvenience. Be careful what you wish for.
As usual and has been pointed out here repeatedly, you are not a serious person and when you get your ass kicked in a debate this is how you respond.

I've noticed none of you have had a response to what I've repeated over and over and over again.

If I try to leave with my car and you try and impede my progress in any way it is up to you to be responsible for your own safety. Is not my responsibility to sit and wait for your little protest.

Touch my car try and open a door try and impede my progress in any way and if you get run over it is entirely your fault.

You know this is 100% true but you you want everyone to conform to your agenda and your temper tantrum. Sorry pal, this is 2017 and we're not putting up with your liberal bullshit any longer. Get the **** out of the road or risk losing your life

To leave.

We've all seen liberals torch cities and Destroy property and pull people out of cars and beat them up. I am not sitting in traffic waiting for your little protest and just hoping that it doesn't turn violent.

So, if I want to leave with my car you should get the **** out of the way. If I try and leave with my car and you try and impede my progress in any way, whatever comes to you including your death by being run over is your fault. Not mine.

So you are worried these guys might have guns and so you think it is safer to drive into the crowd rather than stay back and wait? There were cars between the driver and the crowd. I am not saying you may not have a right to do that, but you are an idiot if you think that is the safer choice.

So you are worried these guys might have guns and so you think it is safer to drive into the crowd rather than stay back and wait? There were cars between the driver and the crowd. I am not saying you may not have a right to do that, but you are an idiot if you think that is the safer choice.
If I want to leave I should not have to worry about my safety.

I don't care if I'm on my way home so I don't miss the next Game of Thrones episode. If I don't want to sit and wait for your little protest and I want to leave with my car get the **** out of the way or possibly get run over

Again, we have seen numerous incidents where liberals turn violent for no reason when you put all these crazy people together in one place. Why should I have to sit there and wait and see what happens. I want to leave I'm leaving. Get out of the way or you will get run over. This is not hard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT