ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: JRent

He wrestled as a true freshman last year so he still has a redshirt available to use. This might not matter to him as he could redshirt this year and be ready to wrestle the following year with 3 years left to compete.

He wrestled as a true freshman last year so he still has a redshirt available to use. This might not matter to him as he could redshirt this year and be ready to wrestle the following year with 3 years left to compete.

Very true. But I think that he would have to pay his own way this year and would not be eligible for schollie money.

I really don’t see him going anywhere but UNC. He wanted iowa when Ramos was here, he probably still wants Ramos to roll with...

Reactions: artradley
If he would want to come to the Big Ten wish would just try and ask why could Suriano do it and not have to sit? Could make things intersting..

Would love for him to come back to the good guys. Time to make a plan.

2019:
133: DeSanto (Renteria redshirt)
141: Turk/Murin
149: Lugo

2020:
133: Renteria (DeSanto redshirt)

2021:
133: DeSanto
141: Renteria
149 Murin

Would love for him to come back to the good guys. Time to make a plan.

2019:
133: DeSanto (Renteria redshirt)

2020:
133: Renteria (DeSanto redshirt)

2021:
133: DeSanto
141: Renteria
149 Murin

JRent struggled to make 33 last year. I don't see him at 33 in 2020.

Iowa probably doesnt make sense for him at this point...and as others said, unc apears to be his landing spot.

JRent struggled to make 33 last year. I don't see him at 33 in 2020.

Iowa probably doesnt make sense for him at this point...and as others said, unc apears to be his landing spot.

Your probably right but it’s fun to speculate. I think he could make 133 with some additional discipline. If he can’t then another thing to consider is that if Kemerer goes up we could see guys shifting around such as Lugo which could lead to a 141 guy bumping up to 149. Or none of this could happen, I have no clue.

Reactions: TarpHawk
That’s funny you guys don’t think he’s making 133. Just so you know he’s weighing 146 right now.( I know this to be true) He just needs a team and a coach supporting him and he will be fine. Let’s stop being negative about him and be supportive and hopefully he comes home to be a Hawk where he’s belonged all along. Come to Iowa fatboy, shut these fools up!

Ramos left and he stuck with Iowa. It was after we got Lee and that other kid that he decommitted. He could have went to UNC then but went to Nebby. Doesn't mean he won't go to UNC though.

Yes, but without the full release, Iowa is a long shot as is any big 10. He’s not a 33 anymore, which is fine with Iowa getting Desanto. Iowa has 3 other 41 that are on par with Renteria. If Renteria has 49 in his future, then maybe....after a few years of Lugo..

That’s funny you guys don’t think he’s making 133. Just so you know he’s weighing 146 right now.( I know this to be true) He just needs a team and a coach supporting him and he will be fine. Let’s stop being negative about him and be supportive and hopefully he comes home to be a Hawk where he’s belonged all along. Come to Iowa fatboy, shut these fools up!

+100

Reactions: Inthecircle

What’s wrong with him being a 41/49 guy? If he can win the 41 battle at Iowa more power to him as it makes just another hammer. At 49, he could scrap with some amazing guys before taking over for Lugo.

With Desanto In the fold, he doesn’t have to be pigeon holed at 33. And if he’s 146 now, 141 would be ideal in my opinion with the better training and room at Iowa. IF he wants Iowa....I personally think it’s a long shot. But I’d welcome it!

They are appealing plus he has a shirt to give.

He does, you’re right.

Serious question though, if he would want to go Iowa but doesn’t get the full release. Does that just mean he needs to contact Iowa first? Plus no scholly $$ for a year?

Yea...I don’t get it either. Reminds me of the Dumb and Dumber ending with the Swedish bikini team. “Some team is going to be very lucky...some day, we’ll be able to load up on talent like PSU and tOSU.”

He also needs to grow up and mature. Missing weight at the NCAAs isn't the fault of anyone but the athlete. Even all of Kevin Jackson's athletes made weight at the NCAAs.

If he has interest and you can get him, you do it and let the Wrestlers figure it out on the mat. With a Red Shirt year available, it would seem like a no brainer to me, but hey. What the hell do I know;)
That's all well and good until the money becomes a factor, and it always does in some form or fashion, at Iowa anyway.......

Reactions: el dub
I'd love to have him. Him and DeSanto having redshirts gives us flexibility down low, with the potential of Murin to 149 in the future. Hopefully between JRent/DeSanto, one of them can stay down at 133.
Talk about a stacked roster down low, just from 125-149:
Lee
DeSanto
Renteria
Stickley
Glynn
Turk
Murin
Happel
Lugo
Glosser (May challenge for 157?)

Theres no denying JRent's skill. Both he and DeSanto were AA caliber guys as True Freshman at 133, and through personal issues both fell short. Nothing like having a contending team, and supportive teammates/coaches in a family environment to help right the ship!

AD over Teasdale. Mad Max over Rentiera. Its yet to be proven in the circle under the lights but I can see it happening.

Reactions: Jackhawk87
I could see it working out something like this, as long as one of JRent or DeSanto stay committed to 133 long term:

Lee
DeSanto
Murin/Turk/Happel
Lugo
(Renteria RS)

Lee
Renteria
Murin/Turk/Happel
Lugo
(DeSanto RS)

Lee
JRent/DeSanto
JRent/DeSanto/Happel
Murin

125 lb recruit (Schriever?)
JRent/DeSanto
JRent/DeSanto
Murin

This is assuming JRent has all 3 years to compete, which may not be a given due to B1G -> B1G transfer, though I assume he is appealing similar to Suriano/Micic, time will tell if it's granted. The NCAA seems to be less strict these days (at least in wrestling) with 6th years/ inter conference transfers and other similar issues, at least to my eye.

I could see it working out something like this, as long as one of JRent or DeSanto stay committed to 133 long term:

Lee
DeSanto
Murin/Turk/Happel
Lugo
(Renteria RS)

Lee
Renteria
Murin/Turk/Happel
Lugo
(DeSanto RS)

Lee
JRent/DeSanto
JRent/DeSanto/Happel
Murin

125 lb recruit (Schriever?)
JRent/DeSanto
JRent/DeSanto
Murin

This is assuming JRent has all 3 years to compete, which may not be a given due to B1G -> B1G transfer, though I assume he is appealing similar to Suriano/Micic, time will tell if it's granted. The NCAA seems to be less strict these days (at least in wrestling) with 6th years/ inter conference transfers and other similar issues, at least to my eye.

Thought he’d have 3 no matter what cause of his available redshirt?

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT