ADVERTISEMENT

It's Official: JRent

If Jrent has checked for immediate release in Big, he is likely planning on wrestling out of the gate. If he chooses Iowa, I think he takes over 41. Turk and Murin will be exceptional back ups and one or both may go up and challenge Lugo but don't think they win there either.
Next 3 years will be set with:
Lee
Desanto
Jrent

Reactions: cr_hawk27
If Jrent has checked for immediate release in Big, he is likely planning on wrestling out of the gate. If he chooses Iowa, I think he takes over 41. Turk and Murin will be exceptional back ups and one or both may go up and challenge Lugo but don't think they win there either.
Lee
Desanto
Jrent

Folks know how much I like JRent but he still has a lot to prove. Also, he got the release so he can save a year and wrestle for a B1G team. Does not necessarily mean he will go this year. Murin, Happel, and Turk are going to be tough at 141. If JRent turns out to be as good as you say, 133 would be great because its a tough bracket and he is still there weight wise...same with DeSanto. I have confidence in whoever wins out at 141. Good thing is that 125-149 are taken care of for the next three, possibly four years. Same with 165, 197, HWY. 2020 is going to be a huge class for the Hawks to fill in 157,174, 194.

Folks know how much I like JRent but he still has a lot to prove. Also, he got the release so he can save a year and wrestle for a B1G team. Does not necessarily mean he will go this year. Murin, Happel, and Turk are going to be tough at 141. If JRent turns out to be as good as you say, 133 would be great because its a tough bracket and he is still there weight wise...same with DeSanto. I have confidence in whoever wins out at 141. Good thing is that 125-149 are taken care of for the next three, possibly four years. Same with 165, 197, HWY. 2020 is going to be a huge class for the Hawks to fill in 157,174, 194.
I hear ya - but being tough at 141 = 4 points at NCs. Iowa needs more than that!

J Rent to Illinois. End of that discussion.

giphy.gif

Wanderman, is THE insider.

We saved money, now we don’t have 27 wrestlers from 125 to 149. Can we get some upper weights or are we just going be happy Spence and Warner are winning? I’m over the the lightweights, concentrate on the middle and uppers now.

We need an elite middle coach, and I mean elite to get this train rolling past Happy Valley.

Any money spent on JRent will be wasted. Turk is going to be the 141 for the next couple of years. None of the other 141's in the room can beat him and there is no reason to believe that JRent will if he comes. JRent cannot make 133 and even if he does, he can't won't beat DeSanto either.

Any money spent on JRent will be wasted. Turk is going to be the 141 for the next couple of years. None of the other 141's in the room can beat him and there is no reason to believe that JRent will if he comes. JRent cannot make 133 and even if he does, he can't won't beat DeSanto either.

The opinion about Turk/141 doesn't seem to be held by those who spend a lot of time in the room. Not the ones I talk to anyway.

Yeah im kind of hoping Murin takes over 141 right off the bat and doesnt lose it. Otherwise im not seeing big points out of 141

Send up the "Tom" signal! Quick! We need to let him know right away.

I’m sure we’ll all support whoever earns the spot, but I’m not buying the assertion that none of our 141’s can beat Turk.

hope all 3,4 5 guys are pushing each other and whoever comes out with the spots is better for it, then wrestling other teams will be easier, of the guys i have no favorite they are all hawkeyes.i was a big turk fan when he came in,great motor-go go go go, happel 4 timer from lisbon ia. what's not to love, mad max continuation of our monsters from pensy,could be 4 time all american,renteria and desanto both should have aa'ed last year. how can we go wrong.

hope all 3,4 5 guys are pushing each other and whoever comes out with the spots is better for it, then wrestling other teams will be easier, of the guys i have no favorite they are all hawkeyes.i was a big turk fan when he came in,great motor-go go go go, happel 4 timer from lisbon ia. what's not to love, mad max continuation of our monsters from pensy,could be 4 time all american,renteria and desanto both should have aa'ed last year. how can we go wrong.

We can't unless all those guys are eating up a ton of money that we need for the other weights. No worries, I'm sure the coaches are on top of it.

i admit i have no clue about scholly $, don't think any of the 141s were really high ranked(hap maybe top 20). my point who comes out on top should be battle tested and pretty decent.

Turk is a frustrating wrestler to watch. Head/hands defense was below avg, body positioning, not
getting first takedown, constantly look at the clock, etc.

By March some of these items had been address...others not so much
Just rewatched him take Meredith right down to the wire at Nationals. No way Renteria could do that, and no way Max could do that.

If Murin can learn to get off of bottom, I think he can be a monster. Hopefully some time with Perry/Spencer this summer do the trick.

I've seen it happen 3 years deep, and then again, I've seen where it never happens. Jimmy Gulibon was an example of it never happening. Can't predict how it will go with Max.

Just rewatched him take Meredith right down to the wire at Nationals. No way Renteria could do that, and no way Max could do that.

I've seen it happen 3 years deep, and then again, I've seen where it never happens. Jimmy Gulibon was an example of it never happening. Can't predict how it will go with Max.

But you can predict definitively that Murin is incapable of matching Turk's prior performance. Good stuff.

Lee
Desanto
Jrent
Not sure about beating Murin. I have him penciled in as a possible AA, round of 12, with a great upside. I think Renteria needs to go where they actually need a 41 lber,like Wisconsin or somewhere where they don’t have depth at 41

If Murin takes out Turk to begin season, I will feel pretty good about having a guy in the top 10 at 141. Turk showed progress throughout year, wrestled Lee tough, wrestled McKenna decently well. Wrestled Red tough both times (winning once), had a nice showing vs. Meredith. He is capable of being in the top 10 so if Murin wins, I feel good.

If Murin takes out Turk to begin season, I will feel pretty good about having a guy in the top 10 at 141. Turk showed progress throughout year, wrestled Lee tough, wrestled McKenna decently well. Wrestled Red tough both times (winning once), had a nice showing vs. Meredith. He is capable of being in the top 10 so if Murin wins, I feel good.

Problem with Turk is he is terrible on bottom and his defense is bad. Needs to improve greatly in both. He's dynamic on his feet but not that versatile of attacks. Decent on top. Hopefully he improves but I see Murin taking the spot. Normally someone's improves more during TF year and summer year than RSoph year and summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT