ADVERTISEMENT

Its sad that Jake is transferring...our fans suck

JRHawk2003

HB King
Jul 9, 2003
People talk about the guy like dirt. Its a sad thing. He will be a fine rep as a graduate of the university. He probably hates Iowa fans, and I can't say that I blame him.

Maybe he isn't transferring because of the fan base. I'm sure he has his reasons, and I don't know what they are, but I'll wager it probably has more to do with other factors and less to do with message boards. You think he won't get ragged on by Michigan fans (or wherever he goes) if he doesn't play well?

This post was edited on 3/11 10:41 AM by TampaHawkfan

Originally posted by JRHawk2003:
People talk about the guy like dirt. Its a sad thing. He will be a fine rep as a graduate of the university. He probably hates Iowa fans, and I can't say that I blame him.
Yep, it's always the fans fault. Don't ever blame the team or the coaches.....you know people who actually play the game.

Solely because of the fans? No. A factor is wanting to leave? Yes.

He probably will hate Hawk fans like Paul Burmeister does.

I apologize that I felt that he wasn't the best QB on the team and in the long run the coaches had similar feelings. I hope the best for him, but I am an Iowa fan and what's best for Iowa is what I ultimately care most about. I feel that the right choice was made and I'm now more excited about next year knowing who will be the starter.

I tend to agree, while it may not have been a primary factor in him leaving, it certainly wasn't a positive in terms of staying.

Don't know JR so I'm not going to characterize him, but if you have thin skin you got no business being the QB for a major university.

Re: Its sad that Jake is transferring.

This is not about the fans. I think Jake was a little over rated. Limited in talent,but, played the best he knew how. The fans of Iowa don't hate anyone that gives 100% to the team. I think Jake gave his 100%, but, it was just not enough for the need Iowa has at that position. I truly think we need to recruit more DUAL threat QB's for Davis's schemes to work.

Thank you Jake.

Seriously doubt that the fans had much to do with his decision. KF is a joke. If you are no longer his favorite, time to move on.

ZERO chance he left because of fans. No sense staying with a coach who flips a coin to see who starts.
Happy for Jake,hope he blows it up,as well as I'm stoked for CJ to finally have "his" team for a full offseason,and barring injury/super powers by Wiegers he'll be the starter come start of season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Our fans are the joke. Idiotic to the hilt....

I hate being associated with a lot of the group, but I am loyal as a 3rd generation alum and I Club member. There are always Cousin Eddies.

I would say the coaching staff releasing a depth chart with the 2 year starer as QB2 is more of a reason for him leaving than the fans. He is graduating and wants to go to med school. Michigan has a very good med school, needs someone to fill in at QB for a year and their new coach was considered a homerun hire at a traditional powerhouse. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Also, Paul B has been a guest on and guest hosted the DP show and never had a bad thing to say about Iowa or the fans. He spoke very favorably of Fry, Kinnick Stadium and Iowa City. He realized that he didn't win very many games or wasn't a great QB for the Hawks.

Iowa fans haven't change much over the years. Just have a better way of expressing themselves with sites like this. Plus the quarterback position is going to draw praise or criticism depending on their play. It's hard to believe that Jake is that thinned skinned that the Hawk fans alone would cause him to transfer. Jake is looking out for Jake 1st and is going to transfer where he thinks he can start. I think Jake would like to get a shot at the NFL and sitting behind CJ won't get him there.

Rudock leaving is a huge blow. He was well liked by the team and a 2-year starter. CJB has not been through a whole season as a starter. I worry about injuries (especially since he runs a lot). Would be great to have both those guys available if needed. This is a big loss for the hawkeye program

I hate being associated with a lot of the group, but I am loyal as a 3rd generation alum and I Club member. There are always Cousin Eddies.
You were great in those Vacation movies. Thanks.
laugh.r191677.gif

Funny stuff JR. Doing some serious trolling today, huh?

Nah, I would think he's smart enough to know that this is how sports works. If he does go to Michigan, he will have played at 2 major B1G universities. Graduated with a Bachelors from Iowa, and likely graduate with a PhD from Michigan. ALL paid for by the way.

It's not like fans disliked him at all, it's just that they have their chosen QB. We are the life-blood of the sport. Without fans, he never would have had this oppurtunity in the first place.

CJ won the battle and that's that. No reasons to have such hard feelings. It's how the ball rolls.

Ironic coming from JR, mr loyal fan that just a 2-3 weeks ago started multiple threads about firing fran next year - as well as the infamous won't win another game all year.

Apparently a poster can be Clark for football and Eddie for basketball.

funny thing is there has been ABSOLUTELY NOTHING put out by KF or the U of I about him leaving, all I ever see is a bunch of JR BASHER's that keep praying that he leaves so that their GOD can take his RIGHTFUL PLACE as the starter.

until KF give a public announcement that JR is leaving and I doubt he does and I would go so far as saying that JR ends up the starter his RSSR year and it is CJ that leaves. as CJ seems to be the type to pout and leave.

and BOY will this board turn into a major major MELTDOWN and there will be very little support for JR on this site. also if CJ plays like he did against Tennessee IA will be lucky if they win 5-6 games,

but oh wait then it will be the coaches fault fo not getting him ready to play as the starter for a whole season. and yet JR in his 1st season as a full time starter with NO PRIOR playing time went 8-5 finished 2nd in the Legends Division beating Nebraska and Michigan including a win in the OOC against ISU, was mot good enough. in that 2013 season IA lost to these.

MSU 13-1 BT Champ
O$U 12-2 Leaders Champ
Wisconsin 9-4 2nd to O$U in the Leaders division coming off their 3rd straight RB
NIU 12-2 coming off a BCS game season
LSU 10-3 in the bowl game

but that was totally unforgiveable as IA should have gone undefeated, just like the 2014 season where IA should have played if not WON the NT.

THAT's how you hypocrites judge JR AND NOTHING ELSE.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

funny thing is there has been ABSOLUTELY NOTHING put out by KF or the U of I about him leaving, all I ever see is a bunch of JR BASHER's that keep praying that he leaves so that their GOD can take his RIGHTFUL PLACE as the starter.

until KF give a public announcement that JR is leaving and I doubt he does and I would go so far as saying that JR ends up the starter his RSSR year and it is CJ that leaves. as CJ seems to be the type to pout and leave.

and BOY will this board turn into a major major MELTDOWN and there will be very little support for JR on this site. also if CJ plays like he did against Tennessee IA will be lucky if they win 5-6 games,

but oh wait then it will be the coaches fault fo not getting him ready to play as the starter for a whole season. and yet JR in his 1st season as a full time starter with NO PRIOR playing time went 8-5 finished 2nd in the Legends Division beating Nebraska and Michigan including a win in the OOC against ISU, was mot good enough. in that 2013 season IA lost to these.

MSU 13-1 BT Champ
O$U 12-2 Leaders Champ
Wisconsin 9-4 2nd to O$U in the Leaders division coming off their 3rd straight RB

but that was totally unforgiveable as IA should have gone undefeated, just like the 2014 season where IA should have played if not WON the NT.

Give it up. All you do is spout nonsense and create strawman arguments.

Originally posted by InsaneHawk:

Yep, it's always the fans fault. Don't ever blame the team or the coaches.....you know people who actually play the game.
Is there any blame or fault here? He got beat out like 60+ guys on every team get beat out each year.

Originally posted by 4th & 9 inches:
Don't know JR so I'm not going to characterize him, but if you have thin skin you got no business being the QB for a major university.

agree - also, will his skin be this thin when he is a doctor and someone disagrees with his diagnosis? yikes!

KF and GD are the problem, not the fans. The fans don't run that shambles of an offense. And those of you who think you'll miss JR, maybe you should think back to the Iowa State game last year, or Ball State, or Maryland, or Minnesota, to name a few. I wish the kid the best, but I won't miss his QB talents one bit.

And if you want to blame somebody for JR transferring, consider this: Beathard spent two years being jerked around by the coaching staff while JR often struggled mightily. Now that the tables have been turned, JR can't get outta town fast enough. How does any of that have to do with the fans?

I think your JR love may be showing.

MSU 13-1 BT Champ
O$U 12-2 Leaders Champ

Morehouse and others have said that Jake hasnt been working out with the team all off season and although Ferentz and the University have not announced anything it is a foregone conclusion.

I know you are the ultimate Kool Aid drinker and think the sky is always blue, but man settle down. Everyone knows the backup QB is always the most popular guy on the team and that is only magnified when you are not winning/ putting points on the board. I personally think it had to do more with the play calling than Jake, but his arm was limited.

Would you rather, as a fan go through one more year of speculation and uncertainty at the qb position, then a one year starter or let both sides move on and have a chance to have a guy play 2 years and your RS FR take over after that?

I was a big fan of Jake when he came and was supportive the majority of the year, but it came to a point where changes were needed and with the season going no where believed that CJ should get a chance. While Jake is the safe choice, you know what you have, CJ gives you a higher ceiling (and possibly a lower floor)

Last thing---- NO ONE was calling for an undefeated season and a NC (no sane person) but the way the season went with the blowouts against MN and Tennesee the collapses against NEB, ISU and uninspired football in others, are fans supposed to be excited?

Here you go Kilroy, just for you.

Football spokesman Steve Roe said coach Kirk Ferentz would address any roster changes in a March 25 news conference when spring practice opens.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2015/03/11/iowa-quarterback-jake-rudock-transfer/70143496/

There is nothing on this earth worse than Iowa fans!

Signed,

Oklahoma fans

MSU 13-1 BT Champ
O$U 12-2 Leaders Champ

Here I posted a link to front page of yahoo's college football page since I know you don't know how to google it. Looks like KF ran off your QB. Now 2222 you were calling CJ a quitter and trashing him for not sticking it out to fight for the job this bowl season. What does this make Rudock? And before calling out fans maybe how his coach handled situation played some factors. Like waiting till the bowl game to do a rotating qb situation or releasing the depth chart. All those decisions were made by your beloved KF.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--iowa-qb-jake-rudock-to-transfer-141624234.html

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:

Nah, I would think he's smart enough to know that this is how sports works. If he does go to Michigan, he will have played at 2 major B1G universities. Graduated with a Bachelors from Iowa, and likely graduate with a PhD from Michigan. ALL paid for by the way.

It's not like fans disliked him at all, it's just that they have their chosen QB.We are the life-blood of the sport. Without fans, he never would have had this oppurtunity in the first place.

CJ won the battle and that's that. No reasons to have such hard feelings. It's how the ball rolls.
350px-Aegon_And_His_Sisters_by_Amok..png

I am the mighty Aegon. We are the Life Blood of the Sport!!!

I live in reality, lol...
mad0009.r191677.gif

Every fan base has it's fair share of fans. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. Iowa isn't the first or last college team to have fans upset over who a coach plays etc. Wanting CJ to play over Rudock does not = people hating Rudock. Lame excuse to blame the fans for him transferring. If anyone did any disservice would be the coach rotating QBs in bowl game after he was starter all year and putting him 2nd on a January depth chart.

College football is a competitive sport. Everyone has to compete for a spot on the roster, not to mention a spot on the field. Every player works hard to make themselves better football players, but only a few are chosen to play games. Every player knows this.

I'm sure it can't be easy to lose one's starting spot after two years of starting. Jake was a leader in all aspects of UI football. He is an outstanding student and role model. I'm sure he'll miss the UI program, as he put in many hours of sweat equity into the program. I thank him for his contributions to Iowa Football. I wish him the best in his future endeavors, and will cheer for him (as I do all former Hawkeyes)..... except for when/if he plays the current Hawkeyes.

Originally posted by iahawkeyes17:

Every fan base has it's fair share of fans. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. Iowa isn't the first or last college team to have fans upset over who a coach plays etc. Wanting CJ to play over Rudock does not = people hating Rudock. Lame excuse to blame the fans for him transferring. If anyone did any disservice would be the coach rotating QBs in bowl game after he was starter all year and putting him 2nd on a January depth chart.
Boy, he pegged you, Eddie. It's not about wanting someone to play over someone else. A lot of 'so called fans' come on here and twitter, etc (don't forget a comma before etc. I don't know how a 'coach plays etc'. Is it some kind of game?) and make comments that players suck, they're worthless, they don't belong in D1, etc. If you don't think it gets back to the kids on the team or being recruited, through some of their friends or family, etc. than you are a fool. It affects them and I know this to be a fact.

I've been around well over a decade. I haven't seen this level of delusion since the poster named coachsparky. And he was so wacko that he said if my son and his dog were next to each other drowning, he would surely rescue his dog only. Congrats.

A two year starter and he decides to leave because some fans think another qb on the team is better??!! Are you saying that because of the fans Kirk Ferentz decided to name CJB #1 heading into spring? If so, that is another huge issue if the coach relented to fan pressure.

The dude lost his starting job and can take advantage of a rule to transfer without sitting out. Fans have nothing to do with it.

MSU 13-1 BT Champ
O$U 12-2 Leaders Champ

This post is ridiculous 2222. You talk out both sides of your mouth like no other person on this board.

You bash people who trash JR and then trash CJ. You're a joke and just as bad as all the posters you hate.

I don't think Jake Rudock is leaving because of the fans but I will agree that a ton of the fans on this site are idiots.

It's okay to have an opinion but when your opinion turns into a world class school girl drama hissy fit, then you need to step away. Well you don't have to step away but you should expect the criticism that you so easily throw at players to come back at you.

Saying "I think CJ is better" is one thing, but when you say "anyone with a brain can see CJ is 100 times better than Jake Rudock" is more like you being a little bitch that didn't get their way.

Fans are far more thin skinned than players. Players don't give a rats ass what fans think because the know most fans don't have a fricken clue what they are talking about. If fans were in charge you would be starting different players every week and after every mistake you would have backups in. Players realize that fans love you as long as you are playing well and the team is winning. If not they couldn't care less if you are alive or dead so why give a shit what they think. The fans are paying money to watch them play, not the other way around. You think players would pay to hear what fans think. No way in hell.

Fans for the most part are morons with no heart whatsoever. Read the game thread some time and you will see a bunch of whiny bitches that complain about every single thing going on. Even after a win it's never good enough because some fat ass sitting on his couch wants to brag about the accomplishments of other people. You only beat UNI 27-16 you can't brag about that, so lets slam the players. Believe me, the players laugh at you.

Now free Tennessee moonshine for all. Is there such a thing as football beer goggles we are hotter than what we really look like?

MattFoleyHawk is a 100% correct Iowa fans are ruthless after games I know for a fact these kids receive phone calls,Text messages and any other chicken shi# way to get to the kid.
I could not believe the stories I heard from an ex-hawkeye.
Football and BB players go through it all the time when things aren't going good.
Very sad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT