ADVERTISEMENT

It's suppose to be Cy-Hawk Week.......

Feb 25, 2008
We should be making jokes about each other's programs and fanbases, and families and friends should be discussing where they're gonna meet up to tailgate or watch the game. We should be preparing to watch Iowa beat the ever-loving crap out of the Cyclones for a 6th year in a row. We should be talking about whether or not Iowa State can top the Tim Dwight Human Missle parody that won us the game last year.......but we're not.

So, I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell all our Cyclone brethren that post on here.........................................f*** Wisconsin.

I would guess the excuses are ready to go. Lightning storm, too hot, no PI call, phantom holding call, super bowl for the other team (of every team they lose to), Big 12 is out to get them (that came directly from Pollard), etc. I mean they have run the gamut. As far as I can tell, they have never really legitimately lost a game nor lost a recruit they really wanted. Part of the delusion that is ISU.

Last time ISU beat University of Iowa? 9/13/2014. Iowa beat ISU 9/12/2015 which is 1,826 days since they last held the trophy from Saturday and will be 2,190 days till they play next year on 9/14/2021.

If they lose Saturday, man oh man it will be an early fan implosion. If they do lose, I guarantee you the excuse is because there were no fans there to get the team up.

We should be making jokes about each other's programs and fanbases, and families and friends should be discussing where they're gonna meet up to tailgate or watch the game. We should be preparing to watch Iowa beat the ever-loving crap out of the Cyclones for a 6th year in a row. We should be talking about whether or not Iowa State can top the Tim Dwight Human Missle parody that won us the game last year.......but we're not.

So, I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell all our Cyclone brethren that post on here.........................................f*** Wisconsin.
No big deal. We already accepted your forfeit. See you next year in Ames.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
If they lose Saturday, man oh man it will be an early fan implosion. If they do lose, I guarantee you the excuse is because there were no fans there to get the team up.
Blah, blah, blah. LA is no cupcake. U just angry.

Blah, blah, blah. LA is no cupcake. U just angry.

Oh yah, way tougher than would have been in playing Iowa in Kinnick with the crowd in full force.

You will tune in to watch the Hawks in January and February in football. The basketball team and wrestling as well. Wrestling # 1. Basketball top 10 for sure.

No big deal. We already accepted your forfeit. See you next year in Ames.
TenseDeficientGoose-size_restricted.gif

Talked to a friend of mine last Saturday morning at a HS XC meet. We were talking about the Friday night FB game. He said he has a different perspective this year - he is just happy to get to watch his son play during his senior year - my nephew is also a senior on the same team. 100% agreed with him.

Found out today this same
HS team was shut down for 2 weeks. Covid sucks.

Same deal with ISU. I'm just happy they are playing - will enjoy it while it lasts - odds are they won't get 10 games in.

Should be an entertaining game. Like every ISU game, I hope for the best and am prepared for the worst.

Talked to a friend of mine last Saturday morning at a HS XC meet. We were talking about the Friday night FB game. He said he has a different perspective this year - he is just happy to get to watch his son play during his senior year - my nephew is also a senior on the same team. 100% agreed with him.

Found out today this same
HS team was shut down for 2 weeks. Covid sucks.

Same deal with ISU. I'm just happy they are playing - will enjoy it while it lasts - odds are they won't get 10 games in.

Should be an entertaining game. Like every ISU game, I hope for the best and am prepared for the worst.

That is true. My nephews are playing, they have a really good team, but it really doesn’t matter. I’m just glad they’re getting the chance to play.

Why would we go to Ames the next time we play ISU? They owe us a game at Kinnick before we return to that shit hole.

I don't know the answer to why, but I did read that Pollard stated in an interview that he and Barta have already communicated on the subject and next year's game is going to be in Ames. Plenty of time for change, but I imagine the contract/agreement might cover this scenario?

I don't know the answer to why, but I did read that Pollard stated in an interview that he and Barta have already communicated on the subject and next year's game is going to be in Ames. Plenty of time for change, but I imagine the contract/agreement might cover this scenario?
If last year's game had been canceled because of the weather -- which maybe it should have been -- this year's game would still have been scheduled for Iowa City. And nobody would have said a word about it.

If last year's game had been canceled because of the weather -- which maybe it should have been -- this year's game would still have been scheduled for Iowa City. And nobody would have said a word about it.
Yep.

ISU will have 5 Big XII road games next year, and Iowa will have 4 B1G road games. It’s a no brainer.

Triangle - easy answer. Destroying them in 2016. It is and always will be a Hawkeye State. Watching us play close and all their excuses for another loss gives them some sort of weak relevance. Crushing them in every facet is how the planets should always align.

Surprised it took this long. This weekend's game was supposed to be against our bitter conference rival Purdue. the isu beatdown would have been NEXT weekend.

Kuwait - great point. Plus, I worry more about a conference team like Purdue that gives us trouble than ISU who in the last 5 years we are 5-0 against with an average margin of victory of almost 2 TD’s. And it is ISU’s Super Bowl according to their AD and coach. Purdue is clearly a bigger and harder game for Iowa.

Surprised it took this long. (There's a reason for that.....) This weekend's game was supposed to be against our bitter conference rival Purdue. the isu beatdown would have been NEXT weekend.
Nah, our originally scheduled date to play ISU this year was 9/12.

The Purdue game was put there thanks to the geniuses at the Big Ten HQ.....

LC - “moran?” I’ll chalk it up to not enough coffee yet. And yes they are a decent team but let’s not make them Clemson or Bama. ISU is a double digit favorite. Good luck this weekend and yes I am jealous you guys are playing.

LC - “moran?” I’ll chalk it up to not enough coffee yet. And yes they are a decent team but let’s not make them Clemson or Bama. ISU is a double digit favorite. Good luck this weekend and yes I am jealous you guys are playing.
Nah. It's a hangover from spending too much time on HROT. "Moran" is standard over there. Has been for quite awhile. Somebody actually misspelled "moron" once and it caught on.

ADVERTISEMENT