ADVERTISEMENT

It's time to stop hating on ISU

Yeah. Iowa's defense was the difference in 2017. Held ISU to 41 points.

You point to one game three years ago to prove your point?

Here’s a stat for you: since KF has been coach at Iowa, ISU has score 25 or more points against the Hawks a total of three times.. in 21 tries lol.

They finished with single digit points in 30% of those Cy-Hawk games.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
You point to one game three years ago to prove your point?

Here’s a stat for you: since KF has been coach at Iowa, ISU has score 25 or more points against the Hawks a total of three times.. in 21 tries lol.

They finished with single digit points in 30% of those Cy-Hawk games.
A game they lost in fact. Clown fans sure are good at moving the goalposts.

Nope, ISU and their fans can take a hike....their AD is a punk (as illustrated for over a decade now), and their fans stink (as illustrated with our band).

as far as I’m concerned....the only joy I take is when the hawks put them back in their place.

Nope, ISU and their fans can take a hike....their AD is a punk (as illustrated for over a decade now), and their fans stink (as illustrated with our band).

as far as I’m concerned....the only joy I take is when the hawks put them back in their place.
The thing with Clown fans is that even when they lose to the Hawks and are ranked behind us at the end of the season they still claim they were better.
Just how their douchy fan base rolls.

A couple of things:

The Big 12 (10) thing where they play an true round-Robin but then also play a championship game is a stupid money grab. So IMO, ISU is already the conference champ, and should be crowned, but alas they're stuck playing one more time.

Iowa FB hasn't been a (or the) conf champion for over 15 seasons, so hats off to State for actually winning it, and not choking against their major rivals.

Some people in my family have ties to ISU, and they have rooted for Iowa FB over the years in the big bowl games, etc. So it's only right to return the favor. So with the exception of rooting for the Hawks during El Assico, i don't see the harm in rooting for Iowa State, and I plan to root for them to beat Oklahoma in the Big12 money grab limited travel bowl.
[/QUOT
Clown fans are good at making up fake championships. When will the Big 12 put on their web site that there is a regular season championship for football?
And you base that on what?
I assume he is basing it Iowa getting curb stomped about once every five years?

Well, ISU beat Iowa the years they went to the Orange and Rose bowls, so there's that. (I speak of the '82 Rose Bowl).
Congratulations.

BTW...ISU did NOT beat Iowa the last time Iowa went to the Orange Bowl.

I assume he is basing it Iowa getting curb stomped about once every five years?

When was the last time Iowa was truly curb stomped? Too lazy to go back and look Hawk Slayer? Rose Bowl? At Minny a few years back?

I member a few years back when Ohio State lost to a .500 Va Tech team at home, then went on to win it all. I’m sure people were calling the Big 10 weak after that game. Louisiana is 9-1 and ranked 17th. Any time you beat OU and Texas, it’s a pretty good year. Would have been nice to beat Iowa too, wish you wouldn’t have forfeited. But, ISU has bigger fish to fry. Too bad you couldn’t beat 2-4 Purdue or perhaps you’d be more relevant this year. Later!

I member a few years back when Ohio State lost to a .500 Va Tech team at home, then went on to win it all. I’m sure people were calling the Big 10 weak after that game. Louisiana is 9-1 and ranked 17th. Any time you beat OU and Texas, it’s a pretty good year. Would have been nice to beat Iowa too, wish you wouldn’t have forfeited. But, ISU has bigger fish to fry. Too bad you couldn’t beat 2-4 Purdue or perhaps you’d be more relevant this year. Later!
Clowns gonna clown!

Congrats to them for winning a bunch of games vs terrible competition. B12 is a shit conference year in and year out. ISU actually plays somewhat of defense where everyone else doesn’t. Why do you think they’ve lost to Iowa the last five years? Iowa plays defense. Why did ISU get blown out in their bowl game vs ND? ND plays defense. Iowa State got beat by Louisiana and why? Louisiana was more physical than ISU at the line on both sides of the ball. They dominated ISU. Add in no team from the B12 will be making the play offs this year.
Not like we have beaten any good teams. And we have one loss to a shitty team

at least Louisiana is not dog crap. This is a rare year where I will not mock ISU.

HB6jiqS_Ie69e_40B4J8Jzu9CYtxGaMoRxJfto-Zz66psgTv34lK4vmt1CYTf6DItQ_We0wkDwWV5f4dXlexXjSq3jvC08aTzCyW0u4RTtd78i27qlMV4ZaGB1ZFEBnDP3jb7KxRNzbdlmXUy9y9HpKNni2CQVyUUkMJZO1hifemejCXeFDKmgT-bP8odqYy2jq6bxJf9CZhH8lLf_G0gvrgJvDOO9ue6ArXQu5YnGmmQmhPwO5pGocfE-ZTfQ_vkjstDeI3b9iNBy-4nTioYSzgb86iasRGnG9hEaLPFJPc6K_jFhlBuvf24fO5nnK6ztt3NCqZfpQ8tZpOuWdCM7eiTTa1CjwYlppGsIfSGv-X2cHtoRaceAAnJZ73KHF72xAqtvgxVJ8zpHnQmRBvdMd2oip6vWkStZc3iDi1kpCo12CNv6HdcYqX9JvI4iKg70UaQS7zDwHLZhi7NNZOtquptLDqSnY8sguzVuoocQNp6of08ZkX2r9U8QS_nQFjTkJpOIpfRDfmt4sIAIrHPGKHG0Lj7vQ0AYNlZxw5ludqHkCVzKJ-fZZIYm7821CgSBvURb60YdV80lYrA_1OuB5zDRcPmYpks8YGYBowA7rc63Vn4VhQhSClrpXUskEvPDzMN2YjAh5Gmg7RjRRVTtg-oKHIyqZKGAyvs3UXM-LIZI7d-O-0m_QZUuPF=w760-h477-no
Dumb that’s brutal

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
Foreign to us? Foreign to them, 108 years foreign to them. LoL.

By "foreign" all I meant is ISU football is foreign to me, and it is to most Hawkeye fans. About all I know that Matt Campbell is the coach, that Brock Purdy is QB, and that's about it. Beyond that, it's Greek to me, I follow Iowa. I follow Iowa State football about as much as I follow NHL hockey or professional soccer.

I know that Iowa has been some major bowl games over the last two decades, and that was sort of my point. Lots of Iowa State fans were always saying "way to go" during the Orange Bowl seasons and during 12-0! So in my opinion, it's time to return favor. So if my neighbor or co-worker is all excited about the Iowa State going to their conference championship game I'll give 'em a thumbs up, it doesn't make me any less of an Iowa fan, and it doesnt' require much effort.

Last edited:
Well, ISU beat Iowa the years they went to the Orange and Rose bowls, so there's that. (I speak of the '82 Rose Bowl).
Iowa went on to play the best team in the country in USC while ISU lost in the Humanitarian Bowl by 18 points to finish the season @ 6 - 7 vs. D I teams.

I will say it's nice to know Iowa has at least 2 better teams than Nebraska...

I get it. We've dominated the series for quite some time and I have hated ISU as much as anyone. It has been to easy to call them clowns or whatever, but they will be in the Big 12 championship and are rated as the 9th best team in America. Give credit to them, at least a little bit.

You do you...I'll do me.

Is Iowa State finally giving up athletic competition and spending the money on the Vet school? I must have missed that development.

As long as they are playing we're hating. Its a zero sum proposition. If its good for the Clowns it is bad for Iowa.

I get it. We've dominated the series for quite some time and I have hated ISU as much as anyone. It has been to easy to call them clowns or whatever, but they will be in the Big 12 championship and are rated as the 9th best team in America. Give credit to them, at least a little bit.
It’s never time to stop hating ISU! And, you clearly don’t get it.

An earlier post made a very good point. As a Cyclone fan in Cedar Rapids, I RARELY get any negative comments (to my face anyway) about ISU. I have never been called a "clown". No one has ever made a "Moo U" comment, etc. I think message boards like this represent the minority. Most people have a "healthy disregard" for the other school. I poke fun at Iowa to my Hawkeye family + friends, but it is never malicious. The only time I get irritated is when people put down Iowa State University. It is a great school, and Ames is a realIy nice town. I have said many times on this board that if they disbanded all athletics at ISU, I would still love it. I would still go back and visit Ames. My decision to attend ISU had nothing to do with athletics. I guess people are a lot braver behind a keyboard, and a lot more civil to each other in-person. Maybe they are more cowardly in-person? The internet often brings out the worst in people (myself included sometimes).

Yousonsofamotherlessgoat.gif

Some of you will get the reference

Last edited:
Ummmm....the teams we have played/beaten the past 5 weeks.

I don't think it's fair to dog Iowa State because we view their competition as sh*t...but seeing that as the situation, we could be viewed through the same lens as our competition has certainly not been good either.

Can you list the non-Big12 P5 teams ISU has beaten since Campbell has been their coach. I can list some non-B1G P5s Iowa has beaten in that same span.

Can you list the non-Big12 P5 teams ISU has beaten since Campbell has been their coach. I can list some non-B1G P5s Iowa has beaten in that same span.
...I think it is literally 0? Have they played anybody other than Iowa and ND?

LOL no

To their credit, they're an average team in a shit conference. But then you get ISU fans clamoring RegUlAr sEasOn bIG 12 ChAMps even though that's not a real thing.
Couldn’t have said it any better than you just did.

They are an average team in a garbage conference. The rest of the country needs to keep this in mind.

Did you go after 2003? If so, I apologize profusely.

You truly don’t remember? Haven’t you been posting over her for like 20 years? Seems like an event that wouldn’t be forgotten given the amount of time you spend on a Hawkeye fan site 🤷🏼

ADVERTISEMENT