ADVERTISEMENT

IU rebuild

IU is pulling out all the stops...it smacks of desperation. They essentially hired 2 head coaches in Woodson and Matta. Should be interesting.

IU is pulling out all the stops...it smacks of desperation. They essentially hired 2 head coaches in Woodson and Matta. Should be interesting.
Matta is part of the athletic department though. Can't coach or recruit. I'm not ready to crown this a great hire for iu.

For all the people shitting on IU's hires, would you rather they get another mid major coach like Archie Miller? God forbid they mix it up, they have to stick to the mid major script!

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
For all the people shitting on IU's hires, would you rather they get another mid major coach like Archie Miller? God forbid they mix it up, they have to stick to the mid major script!
Nobody is doing that. But the culture is messed up. Hiring 3 head coaches smacks of too many cooks in the kitchen. One of them has to be the manager. This will be interesting to watch if nothing else. I doubt it'll work but if it does, maybe they'll get their money's worth out of it!

Nobody is doing that. But the culture is messed up. Hiring 3 head coaches smacks of too many cooks in the kitchen. One of them has to be the manager. This will be interesting to watch if nothing else. I doubt it'll work but if it does, maybe they'll get their money's worth out of it!
IU has 1 Head Coach. A man that made the NBA playoffs 5 times. He can coach.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
It’s a good time to begin the resurrection. There’s literally only two teams — Michigan and Purdue — that you’re going to have to jump over. Everyone else is on the downswing.

We’ll see.

I wonder if Fife is setting himself up to replace Woodson should he fail or retire.

So Matta being in an overseeing role makes this hire good? Interesting.
Maybe “underwhelming” is where we differ. I wasn’t expecting a Stephens/Donovan tier hire. Accordingly, I’m neither over nor underwhelmed by the hire. Sneer all you want but getting Matta on board in any capacity is no trivial thing.

Was anyone overawed with the hiring of Matt Painter? lol. And yet... he’s done a solid to outstanding job at Purdue.

Time will tell. Whether he succeeds or fails.... it’s no skin off my nibblets either way.

Maybe “underwhelming” is where we differ. I wasn’t expecting a Stephens/Donovan tier hire. Accordingly, I’m neither over nor underwhelmed by the hire. Sneer all you want but getting Matta on board in any capacity is no trivial thing.

Was anyone overawed with the hiring of Matt Painter? lol. And yet... he’s done a solid to outstanding job at Purdue.

Time will tell. Whether he succeeds or fails.... it’s no skin off my nibblets either way.
He absolutely could be successful. Never said otherwise. But for all the talk about who was considering iu, that's where it became underwhelming.

I can't say on Painter. His hiring starts to get before I really followed it. He's done an outstanding job, yes. Work to do though. Has to fill 2 assistant roles going into a year where he's probably preseason top 10. Should be attractive jobs for aspiring head coaches.

A 63 year old failed NBA head coach with no experience coaching/recruiting in the college game? Perhaps Woodson finds a way to turn things around, but nothing about that hire moves the needle for me
Says the guy who’s team is coached by an insurance salesman.

You definitely wouldn't like Woodson's style. He does not prefer to hold the ball the entire shot clock then throw something up at the buzzer. That's only for the Badgers & Missouri Valley teams.
I could not care less about what tempo my team plays at as long as it’s efficient basketball. Not sure why anyone would.

Reactions: DewHawk
I could not care less about what tempo my team plays at as long as it’s efficient basketball. Not sure why anyone would.
I would certainly hope for that to be the case, otherwise there would be no reason to watch Wisconsin play. I bet you love seeing those high school final scores of 8-6. Hey they went 3-4 from the field, shot 75%!

Cornhoosiers
That's where my thoughts go as well. IU b-ball has been more relevant more recently than those cornholer d!psh!ts. But that's at least in part due to the differing nature of what I'd consider relevant (NCAA tourney performance) in men's b-ball as compared to what's relevant for football(conference champs, national title contender).
Still, seems like it's been a while that indy has been trying to recapture their glory days of the Knight era.
The important thing about hoosier ball from the Iowa perspective is that Iowa lost to last years unimpressive indy team. TWICE.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
lol

if you’re paying attention to IU hilljacks regarding who their next coach will be, anything less than Jesus Christ himself will be “underwhelming”

Nah..., that's simply not true... We would ((grudgingly)) "settle" for an Archangel as long as he promised not to play zone and could recruit guys who can actually shoot the 3 and hit 85% of their free throws... 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT