ADVERTISEMENT

I've been very negative lately.... so here's the miracle positivity scenario

Dec 17, 2019
Iowa wins out and ends up 6-3 in conference.

Illinois loses the following (2 of @Nebraska, Purdue, @Northwestern) and @ Michigan.

We win the West again ! ! !

As bad as this team is we still have a realistic path to taking the West. PS: If you flip that Illinois loss to a win, we would be the FAVORITES to win the West right now. Goes to show how terrible this division is.

Go Hawks and start anyone but Petras!

Shoe Guy was on WMT this morning. He had been in a car accident a couple weeks back and has not returned to work yet, but he did visit this week and Campbell and Benson were in there and he said they were upbeat and ready to go for Saturday.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill

Illinois loses the following (2 of @Nebraska, Purdue, @Northwestern) and @ Michigan.

As bad as this team is we still have a realistic path to taking the West. PS: If you flip that Illinois loss to a win, we would be the FAVORITES to win the West right now. Goes to show how terrible this division is.

d535564a-8374-4125-be07-3ef78c983c60.mp4

Yes. The west is a dumpster fire this year but the Iowa offense is a raging inferno. It is a possible, but not realistic take that the Hawks can still take the west. They odds of that happening are probably around 20% today. If they lose tomorrow that turns to just north of zero. If they win it goes up a couple of points. Almost time for hoopyball.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Shoe Guy was on WMT this morning. He had been in a car accident a couple weeks back and has not returned to work yet, but he did visit this week and Campbell and Benson were in there and he said they were upbeat and ready to go for Saturday.
Shoe guy??

Like your optimism and if it happened, I think Iowa should pass on the championship game against Ohio St.
Just don't want to watch another game against them.

• Haha
Reactions: SBWarriorHawk
There is nothing I would love more than six weeks from now the media raving about the turn around in Iowa City. Talking about how the offense rose to the occasion out of nowhere to match the success of the defense and how they need to remember to not jump the gun on Kirk Ferentz because his teams always improve as the season goes on. They'd talk about how the Iowa and Ohio State matchup in the title game is can't miss television because this isn't the same Iowa team that played them in October. The oline is playing like the olines of old and Petras has shown the world he's got an NFL arm and head on his shoulders. Brody Brecht has become a consistent downfield threat and Keagan Johnson was the spark the Hawkeyes so desperately needed. There's nothing I'd love more.

Hey - a somewhat positive, or at least less negative thread.

Ok, I'll play -

Iowa's 4 losses are to the #1, #3, #5 and #6 defenses in the country.

REMOVE the Iowa game from those stats and they still are #2, #3, #9 and #13 in the country. Rutgers is actually #31. SDSU is #3 in FCS.

The remaining schedule -

NW #82
Purdue #63
Wisky #36
Minny #8
Nebby #85

IN THEORY, Iowa should be able to possess the ball longer, get deeper in opponent territory and score some points. All of those things will help the defense by playing less and the opponent having poorer field position.

(Except for Minny? What's up with that?)

So, in conclusion .......

dumb-and-dumber-comedy.gif

There's another possibility, which is rather humorous. There is still the possibility that all seven teams in B1G West finish tied with 4-5 conference records. And in that scenario, the tiebreaker goes to...Northwestern!

I appreciate your positivity!

I'd love it if that happened. And....I don't care if we had to play Ohio State again. So what. I'd take that scenario and be proud to make it to the Big Championship game.

I guess that just makes me a regular ole' Hawkeye fan. Damn right.

There is nothing I would love more than six weeks from now the media raving about the turn around in Iowa City. Talking about how the offense rose to the occasion out of nowhere to match the success of the defense and how they need to remember to not jump the gun on Kirk Ferentz because his teams always improve as the season goes on. They'd talk about how the Iowa and Ohio State matchup in the title game is can't miss television because this isn't the same Iowa team that played them in October. The oline is playing like the olines of old and Petras has shown the world he's got an NFL arm and head on his shoulders. Brody Brecht has become a consistent downfield threat and Keagan Johnson was the spark the Hawkeyes so desperately needed. There's nothing I'd love more.
I would love this too!!!

….but if we’re discussing pure fantasy I would also like to add the story ends with me winning a massive lottery jackpot.

Reactions: BBHawk

Do not win the west .... and watch another 54-10 or 42-3 beatdown, are you kidding !
Slip into another toilet bowl play a disinterested name program, hope Campbell doesn't bail. Get a win and have next year's easy schedule to rinse and repeat.

Do not win the west .... and watch another 54-10 or 42-3 beatdown, are you kidding !
Slip into another toilet bowl play a disinterested name program, hope Campbell doesn't bail. Get a win and have next year's easy schedule to rinse and repeat.
What?

Hey - a somewhat positive, or at least less negative thread.

Ok, I'll play -

Iowa's 4 losses are to the #1, #3, #5 and #6 defenses in the country.

REMOVE the Iowa game from those stats and they still are #2, #3, #9 and #13 in the country. Rutgers is actually #31. SDSU is #3 in FCS.

The remaining schedule -

NW #82
Purdue #63
Wisky #36
Minny #8
Nebby #85

IN THEORY, Iowa should be able to possess the ball longer, get deeper in opponent territory and score some points. All of those things will help the defense by playing less and the opponent having poorer field position.

(Except for Minny? What's up with that?)

So, in conclusion .......

dumb-and-dumber-comedy.gif
Minnesota beat up on a bunch of terrible teams...the three teams with a pulse beat them. Purdue, Illinois, & Penn State. Penn State hung 45 on them.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Exactly, let another team, (Illinois?), be the sacrificial lamb for OSU. There is nothing beneficial to playing the buckeyes again.
Would there be anything beneficial to winning the West? Or beneficial to winning the games required to do so? Just a thought.

People want to talk tough like "mediocrity" is unacceptable. But when the time comes they want no part of the big dog

Reactions: kceasthawk
Campbell is a senior and he'll be drafted in the first three rounds, if thats what you mean by bailing......

Well the Illini didnt lose at Nebby and I doubt they get beat by jNW. the big game for Illinois is against Purdue. If Illinois beats Purdue they have basically a 3 game lead on Purdue.

Of course, both the MSU and Mich games count in the standings and I see Illinois beating MSU and their Mich game at Mich will probably go to Mich but it could be interesting.

Iowa just needs to do the one game at a time and if they can get by Purdue they could have a chance at winning out but not winning the West which is understandable with this lowly offense

ADVERTISEMENT