ADVERTISEMENT

I've got some good news for today.

HoundedHawk

HR Legend
Oct 2, 2001
My oldest daughter, Evie, is being treated for brain cancer, in which she's approaching the average timespan of life for those who have it. It is considered terminal. Anyway, today, she had her scan and it is negative. It's also the exact same day my son, Joe, is out at nationals preparing to throw shot, and it got cancelled since it's NCAA stuff.

My son was really down, and then heard the good news about the scan and responded:

Evie, yet again you've given me reason to smile and appreciate my blessings. Just got told I won't get to compete at nationals and that my season is over. Even though I'm devastated, I honestly, after hearing about your scans, don't care because I still have my big sister. Thanks for the perspective, I love you and your family.

My oldest daughter, Evie, is being treated for brain cancer, in which she's approaching the average timespan of life for those who have it. It is considered terminal. Anyway, today, she had her scan and it is negative. It's also the exact same day my son, Joe, is out at nationals preparing to throw shot, and it got cancelled since it's NCAA stuff.

My son was really down, and then heard the good news about the scan and responded:

Evie, yet again you've given me reason to smile and appreciate my blessings. Just got told I won't get to compete at nationals and that my season is over. Even though I'm devastated, I honestly, after hearing about your scans, don't care because I still have my big sister. Thanks for the perspective, I love you and your family.
God bless you and family!

That is awesome! Puts everything in perspective! We as fans are selfish for what we believe is a big loss. Then a story like that shows us what reality really is. Happy for your family!

Congratulation! Our family has been there as well and this does put things into perspective. Some things are so much more important. All the best to you, your daughter and your family.

God bless Evie, the good Lord loves you very much.

God bless Evie, the good Lord loves you very much.
He does, and here is Evie's response to little brother Joe. Evie is the oldest of seven and Joe is the youngest. Evie has 5 boys of her own, ages 4-14.

Joe, You've got me crying in public. I'm so sad for you. This situation sucks. And thank you for your kindness and love always shown to me and my boys. It makes my heart happy knowing they're growing up with fun uncles who really care about them.

He does, and here is Evie's response to little brother Joe. Evie is the oldest of seven and Joe is the youngest. Evie has 5 boys of her own, ages 4-14.

Joe, You've got me crying in public. I'm so sad for you. This situation sucks. And thank you for your kindness and love always shown to me and my boys. It makes my heart happy knowing they're growing up with fun uncles who really care about them.
Evie, the Lord is your Shepard, you shall not want, you are totally in my prayers.

That’s great news! Congrats to Evie!

Reactions: HoundedHawk

This is damn good news bro! Lifted me up some. Very happy for you.

News like this makes any day a great day. Very happy for you and I think it’s great when people are willing to share personal stories. Always helps keep perspective and remind us what’s important. Life is such a gift and best wishes to you and your family. Keep on fighting the good fight and coming out on top Evie!

Blessings to you and your family, Hounded.

This is fantastic news! Thanks for allowing us to see into the hearts of your children. This what life is about. Thanks for the hope.

Reactions: texhawkeye

Puts everything back in perspective here....Thinking of you and your family!

Beyond words, really. Perfect timing to help all of us gain perspective. Thanks so much for sharing. Some good years here. You & yours are in my prayers. God Bless!

Wow. Just wow. What a great day indeed!

Life is good when your surrounded by people who love you. Great news for Evie and great response from your son Joe. Let Evie know that McCullough is thinking of her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT