ADVERTISEMENT

"I've not verified but someone said"... It did not go well...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
The quoted message was a Facebook post by a self-proclaimed Christian. It lead into a paragraph saying "Facebook's TOS prevents posting the Lord's Prayer". It's an easily debunked RUMOR with one quick and easy Google search. Which I did and said "yeah, that is fake news started by someone who wants to divide people. But, I didn't stop there... I googled and posted what the Bible has to say about rumors and those who spread them... the latter part is what didn't go well. Hypocritical Christians don't like being called out for picking and choosing what to follow in the Bible.

The quoted message was a Facebook post by a self-proclaimed Christian. It lead into a paragraph saying "Facebook's TOS prevents posting the Lord's Prayer". It's an easily debunked RUMOR with one quick and easy Google search. Which I did and said "yeah, that is fake news started by someone who wants to divide people. But, I didn't stop there... I googled and posted what the Bible has to say about rumors and those who spread them... the latter part is what didn't go well. Hypocritical Christians don't like being called out for picking and choosing what to follow in the Bible.

I think I would have just replied with this

"Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil for thine is the Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory, forever and ever . . . Amen."

Hypocritical Christians don't like being called out for picking and choosing what to follow in the Bible.
Is this an often occurrence for you? There's a lot of need, for lack of a better term, to constantly point out the political right's fallacies or challenge a Christian's hypocrisy, etc. etc. on this board. I wonder if you (and others) need a larger sample size of Christians. The Christians in my community (literally in my church, small groups, etc.) are humble, strong listeners, eager to offer assistance on a physical, spiritual and emotional level. None that I know ever claim to be perfect, have all the answers, are arrogant or take joy in judging others. So again, what is your sample size?

What if a bunch of hypocritical Christians showed up at your home, or what was left of it, after a hurricane blew through to offer you aid. Would you accept it, or shoosh them away with a broom?

Is this an often occurrence for you? There's a lot of need, for lack of a better term, to constantly point out the political right's fallacies or challenge a Christian's hypocrisy, etc. etc. on this board.
Dude, do you have any idea the "difficulty" (putting it mildly) that Christian organized religion has bestowed upon homosexuals?

ADVERTISEMENT