ADVERTISEMENT

Izaya Fullard

Jan 30, 2019
Obviously Izaya was not in the starting lineup today. I heard he has a hand injury but I do not know if that’s true. Kyle can you confirm this? Izaya will likely be if not our best hitter this year probably our second best to Peyton Williams. I think we can survive this weekend and next without him but long term we need him back in the lineup. Any insight on when Izaya is back and what the injury is?

Obviously Izaya was not in the starting lineup today. I heard he has a hand injury but I do not know if that’s true. Kyle can you confirm this? Izaya will likely be if not our best hitter this year probably our second best to Peyton Williams. I think we can survive this weekend and next without him but long term we need him back in the lineup. Any insight on when Izaya is back and what the injury is?
This is from Hellers email he sent out

I feel like we are in a good place heading into Week 1. The overall health of the team is good, but we will be without one of our top hitters in Izaya Fullard (RS Senior, North Liberty, Iowa). Izaya had surgery yesterday to remove a broken hamate bone in his hand. We will likely be without him for 4-6 weeks.

I missed this topic earlier. From what I recall about hamate injuries, it will absolutely zap of hitter of power for about a full season. Players can return after 4-6 weeks but they are not “at full strength” for balance of year. Rat farts.

Reactions: Hawkeyes4Life32
I missed this topic earlier. From what I recall about hamate injuries, it will absolutely zap of hitter of power for about a full season. Players can return after 4-6 weeks but they are not “at full strength” for balance of year. Rat farts.

bishop-priest.gif

It will be interesting , I like Seegers and Sher as MIF and Snep seems to be relegated to a DH only role. Fullard is a great hitter though, if he gets back healthy he’ll find a way to make an impact

Last edited:
Reactions: 2bagger22
Yes any sort of bone injury in the hand/wrist for baseball players is far longer recovery than the time to "get on the field." if Fullard can come back and hit some line drives that will be a win. Really too bad as once he got past his early season injury last year he really hit.

I missed this, but yeah he should be back next month. Will be interesting to see how his power is affected, but Williams and Anthony are still powerful bats, as we have seen so far.

I know it’s not the way baseball is played now, but Fullard doesn’t need to hit 10 HRs to be affective. Just need him hitting and getting on base.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT