ADVERTISEMENT

J.P. Estrella visiting this month?

I wish Iowa could be so lucky.

I'm a realist. If there were 100 recruits, and you asked them all privately "would they rather attend Iowa or Duke?", You can bet 98 of them, if not all, would choose Duke. That's reality.
You're right. What does little ol Iowa think they are doing recruiting against the likes of Duke, UNC, KY, etc.? We should be ashamed of ourselves!
😉

FIFY.

And keep your effing politics out of here, db.
The person who brought Howe into the conversation incited politics, DB.

I just piled on.
And you're going to tell me HN is anywhere near what it was when Jon owned the site? Honest question.

Jon Miller was my favorite Hawkeye writer/web guy. Let's be honest, if there was no JM there'd be no Tom Kakert/HR.

Rookie here. (See above title)

I can say that many years ago I had many good conversations with Jon Miller and even followed him from one site to another (though I could not tell you which site to which site....that happened more than a few days ago)

well, i guess i should apologize. i originally dropped rob's name as the author of the article. it was not my intent to spark a political debate, but to point out how fickle some fans are. he was very provocative with his coverage of the perceived racial issues last year surrounding the fb team and everyone was roasting the guy. and now he writes something that is encouraging for the bb team and we are praising his content. just thought it was funny how some people's opinions change based on what they want to hear. my bad

i'm looking forward to hearing about how JP's visit goes on the 29th

Thanks for ruining a good conversation about an Iowa recruit. I could care less about Rob Howe!
Excellent question to begin the "discussion" GunnerHawk, I added a pertinent article and then the mayhem ensued. Unfortunately, consistent with nearly every discussion on this board.

I'll try to stay on topic and I am done taking runs at people here. It is a waste of time and counterproductive.

well, i guess i should apologize. i originally dropped rob's name as the author of the article. it was not my intent to spark a political debate, but to point out how fickle some fans are. he was very provocative with his coverage of the perceived racial issues last year surrounding the fb team and everyone was roasting the guy. and now he writes something that is encouraging for the bb team and we are praising his content. just thought it was funny how some people's opinions change based on what they want to hear. my bad

i'm looking forward to hearing about how JP's visit goes on the 29th

Howe will never get a pass from me. Used to enjoy HN. Now I get my news from @BBHawk and @Franisdaman

Maybe HN wasn't so bad after all 😜

The OP will come back to let you know that it's 'couldn't care less'.......could care less implies there is some caring that you can go down a level in caring.
it's couldn't care less? Cid, learn how to make a point clearly. My point is that we're talking about an Iowa recruit, why get into a pissing match about Rob Howe? Then everyone wants to talk about his political agenda. Why?

There have been plenty of folks vent about him in the past, why bring it up again.

This thread about Estrella's recruiting was completely blown apart.

Reactions: BBHawk
it's couldn't care less? Cid, learn how to make a point clearly. My point is that we're talking about an Iowa recruit, why get into a pissing match about Rob Howe? Then everyone wants to talk about his political agenda. Why?

There have been plenty of folks vent about him in the past, why bring it up again.

This thread about Estrella's recruiting was completely blown apart.
Completely agree, I was just pointing out what the op was trying to do with your post. No issues with you and I didn't even address the Rob Howe part.

And yes, it is 'couldn't care less' can't care less than no cares.....whereas if you 'could care less'......never mind....let's get Estralla on board so we can all be happy.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Yeah. That was a dick move on my part.
Zero contribution.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk and 2432Hawk
Did Rob have a stroke or something? I spoke to him in the last 7 weeks and he was either drunk or lacking mental faculties. I'm hoping for his sake there's a medical reason why he was so incoherent, but I hadn't heard about it nor did I feel like he's someone who would handle being confronted well in public.

Estrella is no longer visiting Duke this month. He did schedule a visit with Syracuse for August, but hopefully Fran can close it this weekend.
I am happy to read this, but where have you seen that he is no longer visiting Duke this month? And does that mean he's not visiting Duke or just not in July?

What's funny is that usually when we're recruiting anyone, and I check out 24/7, they always have the CB predicting Iowa and they never come here. Come to think of it, that's more sad than funny.

I would say that if Duke insiders feel confident that Estrella isn’t going to Duke, and it’s between Iowa and Syracuse, then we have to be feeling pretty good about where we stand… even if there is no more CB. Bring em home Fran!

I am happy to read this, but where have you seen that he is no longer visiting Duke this month? And does that mean he's not visiting Duke or just not in July?
It's coming from some Duke beat writers who are saying Duke is no longer recruiting Estrella and the visit was cancelled. They apparently are no longer wanting to take a center in '23 as they think Filipowski is going to be a 2 year player and they also have Ryan Young's additional covid year that he plans to use and they like the options of '24's centers better or just utilizing the portal this off-season.

Reactions: Sheahawk and BBHawk
I would say that if Duke insiders feel confident that Estrella isn’t going to Duke, and it’s between Iowa and Syracuse, then we have to be feeling pretty good about where we stand… even if there is no more CB. Bring em home Fran!
Iowa has already beat out Syracuse for Mulvey, an upstate NY kid, recently. Certainly have a punchers chance.

Just skimming the rest of their board, it seems like they think Boeheim is putting more effort into recruiting than in recent years.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Iowa has already beat out Syracuse for Mulvey, an upstate NY kid, recently. Certainly have a punchers chance.

Just skimming the rest of their board, it seems like they think Boeheim is putting more effort into recruiting than in recent years.
The biggest thing working against Boeheim right now has to be his looming retirement. He's 77 years old and both of his sons are now finished playing college. He announced his retirement and then changed his mind just a few years ago. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he decided to call it quits after this year.

ADVERTISEMENT