ADVERTISEMENT

Jack and the beanstalk

Wahawk56

HB Legend
Aug 31, 2004
Wtf? Jack was a rotten thief and murderer. What's up with these stories making the bag guy look good? Like that whore who went back on her promise to rumplestilskin

Originally posted by Wahawk56:
Wtf? Jack was a rotten thief and murderer. What's up with these stories making the bag guy look good? Like that whore who went back on her promise to rumplestilskin
It isn't a true story.

Originally posted by Lone Clone:

It isn't a true story.
I'm willing to bet it was based off a true story. Jack sounds like a crack head to me.

1. He took his momma's cow and sold it for some "magic beans." Which means he took her possisions to trade for drugs.

2. He broke into the giant's house and stole his gold. That means he broke into the man's house and stole his money

3. He went back into the house and stole his golden egg laying hen. Which means he went back into the house and stole his top dolla hoe or his golden retriever that he was using to breed Westminster caliber pups.

4 He went back and this time stole the giant's automatic playing harp. Which means he went back and stole the man's stereo. The "Giant" said, "that's enough I'm about to cut this son of a bitch" Jack went running back to his mom and cut the poor man's legs off.

It isn't a true story.
I'm willing to bet it was based off a true story. Jack sounds like a crack head to me.

1. He took his momma's cow and sold it for some "magic beans." Which means he took her possisions to trade for drugs.

2. He broke into the giant's house and stole his gold. That means he broke into the man's house and stole his money

3. He went back into the house and stole his golden egg laying hen. Which means he went back into the house and stole his top dolla hoe or his golden retriever that he was using to breed Westminster caliber pups.

4 He went back and this time stole the giant's automatic playing harp. Which means he went back and stole the man's stereo. The "Giant" said, "that's enough I'm about to cut this son of a bitch" Jack went running back to his mom and cut the poor man's legs off.

You know, Wa... your first post in this thread had me thinking you are crazy. After this post however, you laid it out so clearly, that now I'm a believer!

Jack should be rotting in prison.

It isn't a true story.

I'm not going to defend Jack on all counts, but (1) is incorrect. He didn't "take" his momma's cow. She gave it to him and told him to sell it. He struck a bad bargain and ended up with the beans instead of cash.

As for (2), (3) and (4), Jack was simply redistributing wealth. The Giant had more than his fair share. Then the Giant resorted to violence in order to resolve what was basically a political/ideological disagreement.

OP-

Pick up the "Fables" graphic novel series at your local library sometime. Kind of matches your outlook on good old Jack. Also interesting takes on what really happened during the fables and afterwards.

Originally posted by Skidlt:
OP-

Pick up the "Fables" graphic novel series at your local library sometime. Kind of matches your outlook on good old Jack. Also interesting takes on what really happened during the fables and afterwards.
I will have to check that out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT