ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Campbell commits to the Hawks Saturday March 31

Hawks, Cowboys, and Wildcats all defeated ISU on last play of the game. The OSU win was an interception in the end zone that could have been ruled dual possession and tying TD. The loss to KSU was exactly like the hawks loss to PSU.

The OSU game was definitely an interception and occurred with over 30 seconds left in the game. Sounds like ISU is bad at closing.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Yes, in OT....Clones had kicked a FG on 1st possession and hawks threw a TD to win

OT is always won or lost on the last play of the game...hardly an apt comparison to actually losing on the last play of regulation. (though I understand that stretching definitions and spinning claims is integral to being a clone)

Had AW's late TD come at the gun...you could say you lost on the last play. But ISU had the ball last in regulation and couldn't pull it out.

Either way..a loss is a loss.

Reactions: BG2004 and hawkhorn
Hawks, Cowboys, and Wildcats all defeated ISU on last play of the game. The OSU win was an interception in the end zone that could have been ruled dual possession and tying TD. The loss to KSU was exactly like the hawks loss to PSU.
The ISU game was pretty wild last year - pretty early in the 2nd half and Iowa swings ahead 21-10 ... and it looks like the start of a blow-out for the Hawks. Next thing you know, the combo of Montgomery's tough running and their passing game finally breaking out ... and the Clones surge ahead 31-21 early in the 4th quarter. Iowa comes back to force overtime - and the Hawks ultimately prevail. Quite an impressive victory for the Hawks given that ISU was very good last year AND given that the game was AT Jack Trice.

OT is always won or lost on the last play of the game...hardly an apt comparison to actually losing on the last play of regulation. (though I understand that stretching definitions and spinning claims is integral to being a clone)

Had AW's late TD come at the gun...you could say you lost on the last play. But ISU had the ball last in regulation and couldn't pull it out.

Either way..a loss is a loss.
It is a very good comparison. Suppose Stanly throws a pick on that play.

It is a very good comparison. Suppose Stanly throws a pick on that play.

if you mean Stanley..with an E... then Iowa loses in OT. What's your point? It's the same thing...winning/losing in OT as opposed to the last play of regulation.

Iowa lost to Northwestern in OT, lost on the last play of the game to the #4 team in Penn State and by 7 to MSU in a game that went to the last possession. It happens. In the end, you are what your record says you are.

I disagree. It's bad grammar. They are Northwestern University, not North Western. So NU. And our friends out west are the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. So UNL. Like University of Nevada, Las Vegas is UNLV.

That wouldn't be a grammatical error, it's an abbreviation...for which there are no hard and absolute rules. I see your nitpick and raise you one.

They lost on 3 Hail Marys, or what? Interesting, I never heard about that. Of course you guys had a good season, undeniably one of the best in school history. I'm just pointing out differences in the perceptions of the teams' seasons, when they were almost exactly the same.
You’re forgetting to mention how ‘lucky’ or extremely fortunate Kyle (noodles) Kempt was through-out the season and in the bowl game. I saw him throw at least two or three game changing interceptions (TCU and Memphis immediately come to mind), that were called back due to borderline penalties, along with numerous passes that he just threw up and let Lazard fight for the ball. And the OSU interception was the right call....unless you drink Ames water, which I’m assuming you do.

Indeed, Iowa fans have never been known for their witty creativity. Iowa fans are like Iowa football, boring and unimaginative. Have a great Wednesday.

LOL, do you tap into college football circles to get their pulse on Iowa fans?

Either way, a 100% better moniker for a fan base to have than the opposite. I’m so disappointed Iowa fans aren’t known to be better Trolls.

Only a Nebbie fan would think being a great Troll is a badge of honor to wear on their sleeve...

My sources say Campbell to Iowa is likely.
Saw him in person at the State basketball Finals... Definitely an athletic kid. I can see why Iowa coaches like the multi-sport athletes. My group of four was impressed with Campbell's athleticism and how much he hustled ... Kind of fun to think what Doyle could do with that kid's frame ...

Reactions: jellyfish10
You’re forgetting to mention how ‘lucky’ or extremely fortunate Kyle (noodles) Kempt was through-out the season and in the bowl game. I saw him throw at least two or three game changing interceptions (TCU and Memphis immediately come to mind), that were called back due to borderline penalties, along with numerous passes that he just threw up and let Lazard fight for the ball. And the OSU interception was the right call....unless you drink Ames water, which I’m assuming you do.
ISU's QBs benefitted last year from having some pretty nice depth at WR. Opposing Ds couldn't afford to ONLY pay attention to Lazard ... because there were other guys like Butler, Murdoch, and Ryen (among others) to pass the ball to. On top of that, if the opposition keyed too much on the pass ... Montgomery is such a strong runner, he was capable of making defenses pay.

In '18, ISU's TEs will likely take a few steps forward ... but they're definitely taking steps backward among their receiving targets. Instead of having the duo of Lazard and Butler ... who were BOTH tough match-ups due to their height ... Butler will be the lone go-to guy. Opposing Ds will likely key onto Butler and Montgomery ... and that will likely significantly slow the ISU O until more guys emerge (as consistent performers).

Also, I don't think that it's a stretch to consider Lazard being a pretty rare talent for the Cyclones. He was a high 4-star recruit that A LOT of programs wanted. Because he was a die-hard legacy recruit ... he followed his heart and chose the Cyclones. It's not unlike the Hawks getting Epenesa. When Hawkeye fans start considering what the DL will look like after Epenesa departs ... we will invariably expect at least some downturn in terms of DE production because of AJ's rare talent. Similarly, I don't think that it is unreasonable to suppose that the absence of Lazard may impact the Cyclone O more than some might expect.

Indeed, Iowa fans have never been known for their witty creativity. Iowa fans are like Iowa football, boring and unimaginative. Have a great Wednesday.
And Nebby fans are getting a reputation for being obsessed with all things Iowa, so thanks for joining. :rolleyes:

LOL! Thats hilarious that you all thing we're obsessed with Neb, when you're all over here. I've never, and will never be on any Nebraska site, and yet here you guys are constantly, in ever growing numbers. There's an easy way to solve this obsession, GO AWAY! :)

Not only that, they, along with two...count 'em two, hawk fans fuel all the Nebby talk here. For all we know, those two posters with hawk fan names may be nebby fans just trying to stir up crap.

There are plenty of people who don't care for nebraska, but eliminate two "hawk fan" posters and the openly nebraska fan posters and there'd be very little nebby talk here outside of November and the occasional recruiting battle.

Reactions: Rodney-Henderson
Nah, I like reading your opinions. Hardly ever any facts used, but they are interesting just the same. BTW, this board is riddled with posts about Nebraska from multiple posters not just two and there are several regular hawk fans on the Nebraska board.

This board is riddled with tons of Husker posters many like yourself that interject your Husker opinions as well. Speaking of opinions went to read your Husker board not too long ago and OMG it's filled with tons of opinions and hardly any facts. In fact the Michigan, Minnesota boards, etc are the same way. Go figure someone goes to a message board and post their opinion. Wow what a concept.

This board is riddled with tons of Husker posters many like yourself that interject your Husker opinions as well. Speaking of opinions went to read your Husker board not too long ago and OMG it's filled with tons of opinions and hardly any facts. In fact the Michigan, Minnesota boards, etc are the same way. Go figure someone goes to a message board and post their opinion. Wow what a concept.
Opinions about the husker program on the husker board. Keep your opinions about the hawks over here and you’ll enjoy this board more.

Saw him in person at the State basketball Finals... Definitely an athletic kid. I can see why Iowa coaches like the multi-sport athletes. My group of four was impressed with Campbell's athleticism and how much he hustled ... Kind of fun to think what Doyle could do with that kid's frame ...

I’ve seen him a bunch. Athletic kid and plays hard all of the time. I’m not sure how well his skill set will work in pass happy college football as an in space lb, but I could see him being a stud as a rush end and as I have said, he has the frame to put on weight pretty easily.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT