ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Koerner now holds the Squat (515 lbs) & Bench (390 lbs) Records for a Safety.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Click on images for Larger View

ETCADC6WoAAdRd-

ETCADC6XkAAqdRb

For clarification it is team record for safeties not full team
Thanks for sharing info

Neat to see Amani Jones holding the Squat and Hang Clean records for Defensive Ends even though he was a Linebacker until his final year. Kudos to Brandon Smith, Linderbaum and Koerner for their records---all 3 are excellent players. Hats off to the one player that holds all 3 records for his position----Nate Stanley!

Neat to see Amani Jones holding the Squat and Hang Clean records for Defensive Ends even though he was a Linebacker until his final year. Kudos to Brandon Smith, Linderbaum and Koerner for their records---all 3 are excellent players. Hats off to the one player that holds all 3 records for his position----Nate Stanley!
How about young Doyle at 600# in the squat as a soph....

I was just watching the College Football 150 show. One of the games they showcased was the Notre Dame-MSU game played back in 1966 in East Lansing. The first thing that jumped out at me was how thin the players looked then as compared to now. Back then I don't the players of that era could even imagine the kind of weight lifting records that we see in the modern era.

I would expect nothing less from a product of the WDM Dowling strength and conditioning program.

Someone needs to tell Jack that he doesn’t have wear his shoulder pads that he wore in junior high.

I thought Koerner was very impressive last year. Nose for the ball, good tackler, and gritty. Could follow Geno, Gervase, and Hooker to NFL with another couple strong seasons?

Reactions: ichawk24
I non sarcastically put a lot of stock in this to my expectations for that player. Got burnt on this a couple years ago with Amani Jones but I've learned nothing from that scenario and expect the world of him now.

the numbers say so

Yeah, hang clean and squat are farm more important and translate better as far as major lifts. Also, I believe Doyle has said himself "it's not how much weight you can move, it's how fast you can move it."

Yeah, hang clean and squat are farm more important and translate better as far as major lifts. Also, I believe Doyle has said himself "it's not how much weight you can move, it's how fast you can move it."
Iowa football put out the picture of Koerner so you'll have that.

If bench is unimportant to the program then why have the records on the wall? My guess is that it is important to the Iowa program. I don't see records for deadlifts on the wall. But then again Doyle doesn't really like lifting from the ground due to injuries at that position which is why you see hang cleans.

If bench is unimportant to the program then why have the records on the wall? My guess is that it is important to the Iowa program. I don't see records for deadlifts on the wall. But then again Doyle doesn't really like lifting from the ground due to injuries at that position which is why you see hang cleans.

No one said bench isn't important, it just isn't as important as other lifts. It's still considered a major lift, hence why it's on the wall. We're just not a program that heavily stresses traditional bench, as has been explained.

Reactions: SLarew
Rewatched the 2019 Husker game on BTN last night. I had forgotten how many tackles Koerner made in that game. Not only the number, but how many tackles were made in space. Not quite as good as Hooker (yet), but he is a sure tackler and brings the wood!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT