ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Trice is a garbage stadium

Yikes, never?
GOeJUUjWcAAEJSG
What is this graphic portraying?

Why are you drinking beer when they have such world class water? How were the lines for the water fountains?

Reactions: HawCory
It might have a lot of parking, but that huge lot doesn't have enough entry and exit points. It typically takes hours for people to leave.
We don’t even attempt to leave our Iowa tailgate spot for at least an hour after the game is over. It’s impossible.

They are college football stadiums not nfl stadiums with infrastructure.

If you think it's bad now you should have seen it in the 80's.

I was at the game in 2021 and the newish south endzone is a huge upgrade.

It's still really embarrassing they they have a cheer for first downs; if you want to remove the stench of a historically losing program, end celebrating small in-game victories.

Not a great venue for concerts but they did have a great run of shows in the 90's...U2, The Stones, Pink Floyd; it seems those days are over.

• Haha
Reactions: NotTHATscience1
That is bad.
I do remember them coming in as a pretty strong third behind the ‘huskers and Sooners back in the early ‘70’s (?) in the old Big Eight (?) Colorado was also decent in the conference then.
I remember ISU as a 8-3 squad. Not ten wins.

Many times in their history, winning ten games, total, in 2-3 consecutive seasons has been a challenge.
I really don’t understand how they have been allowed to remain a P5 team. It’s comical how terrible they have been. I mean, literally never even won the conference in over 100 years. You’d be more likely to win the lottery to not at least back into 1 championship over that span lol.

I really don’t understand how they have been allowed to remain a P5 team. It’s comical how terrible they have been. I mean, literally never even won the conference in over 100 years. You’d be more likely to win the lottery to not at least back into 1 championship over that span lol.
LC can explain it. He can twist and retwist a barb wire fence.

Reactions: SolarHawk
So… how was the show?
I’m not a fan of Chris Stapleton. His music is just not my thing. It’s fine if you like it but I don’t. George strait is still my all time favorite in concert. But it’s like going to see any other aging performer. The voice is going a little and it’s not quite as there as it used to be. This is my 9th time seeing him live and I don’t think I’ll do it again.

Again, he’s my all time favorite. It was worth the trip but it’s probably my last time.

I’m not a fan of Chris Stapleton. His music is just not my thing. It’s fine if you like it but I don’t. George strait is still my all time favorite in concert. But it’s like going to see any other aging performer. The voice is going a little and it’s not quite as there as it used to be. This is my 9th time seeing him live and I don’t think I’ll do it again.

Again, he’s my all time favorite. It was worth the trip but it’s probably my last time.
Kudos for commitment.
My most attended concert has been maybe (?) six times with Kebmo. His ass rocks the place.
If he rolls thru the region again, I will be there. Little Feat and Randall Bramblett are tied for second at at four and I would make it five given the chance.

I find it interesting that Hawk fans will take any opportunity to rip on Iowa State. Now Jack Trice Stadium sucks because....

I've been to several college stadiums and there seems to be a theme. It takes forever to get anything from concessions. It takes forever to use the bathroom. The concourse are too crowded. Parking sucks It takes forever to get in and out

Here is my list and had the same problem at every Stadium.

1) Jack Trice
2) Kinnick
3) Nebraska
4) Tennessee
5) Michigan
6) Notre Dame
7) Texas A&M

There were two others that weren't bad (Arkansas + old Baylor stadium), but that was because the crowds was smaller.

You get that many people into a condensed area, and it's a logistical nightmare.

I've been to Kinnick enough tines to honestly say it's never been a great experience for a lot of reasons OP criticized Jack Trice Stadium for. You just know going in things will take a lot longer, and deal with it.

Reactions: billanole
I find it interesting that Hawk fans will take any opportunity to rip on Iowa State. Now Jack Trice Stadium sucks because....

I've been to several college stadiums and there seems to be a theme. It takes forever to get anything from concessions. It takes forever to use the bathroom. The concourse are too crowded. Parking sucks It takes forever to get in and out

Here is my list and had the same problem at every Stadium.

1) Jack Trice
2) Kinnick
3) Nebraska
4) Tennessee
5) Michigan
6) Notre Dame
7) Texas A&M

There were two others that weren't bad (Arkansas + old Baylor stadium), but that was because the crowds was smaller.

You get that many people into a condensed area, and it's a logistical nightmare.

I've been to Kinnick enough tines to honestly say it's never been a great experience for a lot of reasons OP criticized Jack Trice Stadium for. You just know going in things will take a lot longer, and deal with it.
Is what is. Go to a stadium, deal with a stadium.

I get the hate for Iowa State.

But it is a fool's suggestion to state their parking syndrome is on par with Iowa City's. IC has been a flusterfuk for years. ISU has plenty of parking. You just need to know where the lots and side places are.

And if you think Jack Trice is garbage now.......ooh boy, let me tell you about the 80's and 90's. It was worse than many Texas High School stadiums.

Next time any of you need parking advice for Ames, give me a shout out, I'll hook you up.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Agreed on the old Cyclone Stadium. Looking back to my time there (83-87), it was a dump. Jack Trice is 1000x better than to what it was back then.

It was a wind tunnel, with essentially a concrete field with quarter inch astroturf on top. Maybe a few concessions on both sides. Place was almost always empty. Kids just played on the 4 green grass sections. Seating was not good, sound system was terrible.

Most clone fans just waiting for the announcement of whether Iowa was up or down in their game. Cheers or boos followed.

I don't care how much grain seed money is given to them. They will always be little brother.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT