ADVERTISEMENT

Jack Trice

I would argue that Jack Trice lead (indirectly) to Floyd of Rosedale.

Nearly Every Iowa fan that was "peacefully protesting" the treatment of Ozzie Simmons at the hands of the MN football team (and the referees that looked the other way) would have been aware that it was a repeat of what happened all be more tragically, to Jack Trice 11 years earlier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...9adaf0-07ef-11ea-8ac0-0810ed197c7e_story.html

Reactions: thrillpac
I would argue that Jack Trice lead (indirectly) to Floyd of Rosedale.

Nearly Every Iowa fan that was "peacefully protesting" the treatment of Ozzie Simmons at the hands of the MN football team (and the referees that looked the other way) would have been aware that it was a repeat of what happened all be more tragically, to Jack Trice 11 years earlier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...9adaf0-07ef-11ea-8ac0-0810ed197c7e_story.html
I think Minnesota and Iowa have always hated each other. Doubt Trice had anything to do with it.

I think Minnesota and Iowa have always hated each other. Doubt Trice had anything to do with it.
And evidently still do, at least from a gopher perspective. I mean "Who hates Iowa, we hate Iowa" when your playing someone else is really pretty much little brother to the core. Don't even give Minny a thought until the week we play them. Pretty much the same as ISU....

Reactions: Birky
I always thought Minnesota and ISU should play each other in football more often. Proximity alone would make it convenient for fans.
That is kinda strange. We played them a couple of times when Jim Walden was the coach. I don't think there's any particular reason why it happens so seldom. Same thing with ISU-Wisconsin. Played them a couple of times in the '60s, not since.

Personally, I'd rather see Missouri and/or Nebraska back on the schedule.

That is kinda strange. We played them a couple of times when Jim Walden was the coach. I don't think there's any particular reason why it happens so seldom. Same thing with ISU-Wisconsin. Played them a couple of times in the '60s, not since.

Personally, I'd rather see Missouri and/or Nebraska back on the schedule.
I swear ISU played Wisconsin about the same time the played Minnesota. Early 90s?

Trying to recall, I believe the last time ISU played a non-conference regular season game against a P5 opponent other than Iowa was against Minnesota, 1997? 23 years? Granted, they had one game against FSU in a single pre-season kickoff classic type of game, Not a home and home schedule.

It's a shame that a great man has his name on such a POS stadium. Maybe he was a fan of unimaginative concrete. Typical ISU. If I ever serve time, I want it to be at Jack Trice Stadium.

fb5x2rqro9m31.jpg

AR-160929832.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

stadium.jpg

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Iowa State has the same goals every year. They just got a commitment that emphasizes and restates their yearly hope. Winsome is on board. Good luck..... not.

They played in 93 and 91. ISU is 0-7 versus Wisconsin. LC has selective memory
No, not selective, but it's very strange I didn't remember that. I remembered playing them in the '60s, in part because the ISU quarterback was the son of the Wisconsin offensive coordinator. And I knew Walden never beat a Big Ten team.

I remembered the Minnesota games because ISU should have won and lost both -- the first one was a real killer. Cyclones had a 16-0 lead when the starting RB, QB and MLB left the game with injuries.( IIRC, I should stipulate.)

But I see you are correct; both games were in Wisconsin and the Badgers won both, by scores of 7-6 and 28-7. Really odd I don't remember them.

No, not selective, but it's very strange I didn't remember that. I remembered playing them in the '60s, in part because the ISU quarterback was the son of the Wisconsin offensive coordinator. And I knew Walden never beat a Big Ten team.

I remembered the Minnesota games because ISU should have won and lost both -- the first one was a real killer. Cyclones had a 16-0 lead when the starting RB, QB and MLB left the game with injuries.( IIRC, I should stipulate.)

But I see you are correct; both games were in Wisconsin and the Badgers won both, by scores of 7-6 and 28-7. Really odd I don't remember them.

I recall listening to the end of the 7-6 game. Wisconsin had been bad for many years. The clones were expecting a win. The badgers blocked a short isu field goal for the win in the final seconds. Your radio announcer was beside himself.

I recall listening to the end of the 7-6 game. Wisconsin had been bad for many years. The clones were expecting a win. The badgers blocked a short isu field goal for the win in the final seconds. Your radio announcer was beside himself.
Sounds typical. Maybe I blocked it out of my subconscious. There's only room in there for a limited number of crushing results.

I bet he has a pretty vivid memory of every Iowa loss...
Not every one, but several. The '77 game would probably be at the top of the list. The most recent was 2017. Cyclones had a 7-point lead with around three minutes to play, Iowa backed up to around its 10 yard line and out of timeouts. Great run by Wadley -- several missed tackles -- and Iowa wins in overtime.

I just watched that video posted by Legend at the mark he said. Was that Whiskey QB trying to throw the game? That int and fumble were ridiculous. Dear God.

ADVERTISEMENT