ADVERTISEMENT

Jackson Filer

chaneccooms

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Could Jackson Filer, son of former Iowa fullback Rodney Filer, be headed to Iowa? He was a teammate of Anterio Thompson at Iowa Western and the national JUCO Defensive Player of the Year playing at defensive end. His nickname is “The Wolf.”

Last edited:
He’s definitely got speed off the edge. I would guess his size is the main reason for his lack of major conference offers to date.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I think it was Rodney that got hurt the first play of the game at NW in 95. It wasn't even an actual play-there was a motion penalty. That was a miserable day.

Reactions: chaneccooms
I think it was Rodney that got hurt the first play of the game at NW in 95. It wasn't even an actual play-there was a motion penalty. That was a miserable day.
My memory was that Rodney Filer was kind of like David Hudson in that both were really talented fullbacks held back by injuries.

I remember Hudson being
(1) a great FB that actually carried the ball
(2) from Waxahachie, TX

We need more players from awesome sounding names like Waxahachie.

Don’t ask me why I forget lots of things I agreed to do around the house just last week, but I can remember that David Hudson is from Waxahachie, TX…

Rodney used to hang at my buddies' apartment over on Dodge and play video games back in the day. He was a really mellow nice guy.

Rodney was a specimen. He didn't appear to miss a weight room session. I recall rumors around town that he would have played more had he known the playbook better. Not sure if that's true as i don't even remember where I heard it...seems like a lifetime ago.

Filer will not receive a scholarship. However, due to SWARM, he may turn down his full ride to coastal Carolina and come to Iowa as a PWO because he will make enough through us to pay for his school, room, and board.

Pretty cool, eh?
That is very cool. Very cool indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT