ADVERTISEMENT

)))"He not gone" Jacobs All in on Iowa!(((

Well, at least he is going to tell them in person. I may disagree with his decision because I love the Hawks, but can't fault him for finally getting the offer from his dream school and I can appreciate the respect he has for the coaches to tell them face to face.

Why on earth would he have 3 Iowa coaches in if he is going to switch on the day he is deciding? He's a hawkeye.

I completely agree with that why would he have three coaches come to his house if he was going to decommit

Isn't safe to say both would redshirt because of being on the light side one is 215 the other is 210 Jacob's is 6'4 210 he needs to add at least 20 the other kid at least 20 is the being reasonable

Isn't safe to say both would redshirt because of being on the light side one is 215 the other is 210 Jacob's is 6'4 210 he needs to add at least 20 the other kid at least 20 is the being reasonable

Probably, but trying to predict who will see the field a lot in their first year on campus is a crapshoot of the highest order. But given Iowa's move to trying to get guys at LB who can move more in space, I wouldn't rule anything out. Hooker played half the season or more at outside LB at about 200 pounds.

The non-senior LB's (Colbert, Welch, Nieman) all played well at times, but it's not like any of them were so overwhelming that a new player couldn't make an impact. Getting as many guys as possible who can move and make plays on the perimeter is a great move for the defense.

Reactions: Wadzinator
Okay this may be a stupid question about Jacobs but at 6'4" 210 is LBer the only position their looking at for him or could he play as a DB? I'm not sure how fast he is.

Jacobs visits OSU decommits but wants to evaluate both offers.
Iowa offers Jeudy
Iowa visits Thursday
He decides on the 19th.

I think he’s in play but OSU is holding aces and we’re hoping fir the gut shot straight.

As of right now Jacobs is sticking with Iowa. I think the prediction about the in home visit from coaches and remaining with Swarm19 is going to prove accurate. Find out some more after the visit maybe or next Wednesday.

As of right now Jacobs is sticking with Iowa. I think the prediction about the in home visit from coaches and remaining with Swarm19 is going to prove accurate. Find out some more after the visit maybe or next Wednesday.
Thanks appreciate your intell

Okay this may be a stupid question about Jacobs but at 6'4" 210 is LBer the only position their looking at for him or could he play as a DB? I'm not sure how fast he is.

I think you answered your own question. You can make dbs into linebackers..not the other way around..if he had speed at 6 3 6 4 hed either be a receiver or a db.

Iowa wants to get a 3rd LB in this class regardless. Recruiting 1 more LB really had nothing to do with Jacobs. Currently, Iowa has 2 (Jacobs & Campbell) and wants to sign 3.

Jacobs told me this morning he might have a final decision to announce later tonight.
Where is that damn smiley face?!

Reactions: 3boysmom
I was thinking the same thing

Why 3 coaches; maybe to demonstrate how badly he is wanted at Iowa. Or, it's harder to say no to 3 coaches? Or, each coach has a different story to tell, e.g., "good cop, good cop, & for good measure, another good cop"? I don't see any down-side.
Just speculating......

Why 3 coaches; maybe to demonstrate how badly he is wanted at Iowa. Or, it's harder to say no to 3 coaches? Or, each coach has a different story to tell, e.g., "good cop, good cop, & for good measure, another good cop"? I don't see any down-side.
Just speculating......

All of the above

Reactions: Wadzinator
Iowa wants to get a 3rd LB in this class regardless. Recruiting 1 more LB really had nothing to do with Jacobs. Currently, Iowa has 2 (Jacobs & Campbell) and wants to sign 3.

Jacobs told me this morning he might have a final decision to announce later tonight.
Not to be a pessimist but I thought he already made a final decision so this tells me he gone

Reactions: Kurt Warner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT