ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Dottin - Penn State WR in portal

iowaathletes

HR MVP
Jan 6, 2003
Any thoughts on this guy?

"More portal movement at receiver is possible between now and the start of the 2023 season. The Lions must also still find a receivers coach after head coach James Franklin fired third-year assistant Taylor Stubblefield back on Sunday"

Jaden Dottin - Penn State WR in portal

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
First thing, I always look at when it comes to these highly recruited portal players is the whether Iowa offered them out of high school. If they did, that’s great that means there’s probably a chance to pursue them since they have some sort of relationship. In this case they don’t, so I would be shocked if Iowa even tries with him.

LOL at Franklin firing his WR coach after a Rose Bowl win and top ~1/3 of FBS in passing yards, while Grandpa Ferentz apparently thinks everything is fine and dandy with our offensive coaching prowess.

LOL at Franklin firing his WR coach after a Rose Bowl win and top ~1/3 of FBS in passing yards, while Grandpa Ferentz apparently thinks everything is fine and dandy with our offensive coaching prowess.
I will take Kirk over Franklin any day of the week. Franklin is a world class ass hat. If you wanna win that bad we are different kind of people.

Maybe their WR coach didn't like having his guys fake injuries.

Last edited:
I will take Kirk over Franklin any day of the week. Franklin is a world class ass hat. If you wanna win that bad we are different kind of people.

I want to win that bad, so, we must be different kind of people.

This is a business…a business about winning.

Assuming no coaching changes I think everyone in the Athletic Dept and their periphery understand this is Brian and Barnett's last chance. Their seats are the hottest of anyone in the country. Barnett has youth and injuries and Brian has the P & P shit show as excuses or explanations. This upcoming season will determine which.

The offense took a nosedive with Petras and Padilla. The line play worsened in Barnett's two seasons. The line is now experienced and, with the exception of right tackle, returns every other starter. Since Plumb was the worst lineman a good coach should be able to improve that position, albeit through a plan B with the SE Polk defection. Desperation is the real mother of invention.

11-2. 4 top 10 finishes in 7 years.

Kirk hired his unqualified son to be OC and you complain Franklin called a timeout with 2 minutes to empty the bench.

Franklin likes an offense that actually scores. Kirk sticks his head in the sand because his son is the OC. Franklin got rid of the weakest coach.

Last edited:
Assuming no coaching changes I think everyone in the Athletic Dept and their periphery understand this is Brian and Barnett's last chance. Their seats are the hottest of anyone in the country. Barnett has youth and injuries and Brian has the P & P shit show as excuses or explanations. This upcoming season will determine which.

The offense took a nosedive with Petras and Padilla. The line play worsened in Barnett's two seasons. The line is now experienced and, with the exception of right tackle, returns every other starter. Since Plumb was the worst lineman a good coach should be able to improve that position, albeit through a plan B with the SE Polk defection. Desperation is the real mother of invention.
Except most would argue this past season was Brian’s last chance.

Oh perfect this is his last last chance.

11-2. 4 top 10 finishes in 7 years.

Kirk hired his unqualified son to be OC and you complain Franklin called a timeout with 2 minutes to empty the bench.

Franklin likes an offense that actually scores. Kirk sticks his head in the sand because his son is the OC. Franklin got rid of the weakest coach.
There's no debating that Franklin is a classless ass, and so NO I would not want him as our coach. Between faking injuries, (which has been acknowledged by several other teams, not just Iowa), to some of his other stunts, Like calling a punt block with a 50 point lead on Akron in the last couple of minutes of their game, he's the biggest douche bag in the league now that Dantonio is gone.....

Except most would argue this past season was Brian’s last chance.
None of the people that matter. The donors, whose opinions do matter, are not happy. Most of the larger corporate level donors/marketers just want to be affiliated with Iowa. But the large individual donors, many of whom are ex-players from different eras, do not like the ridicule the offense took last season on a national basis. But they mostly like Brian personally as well. The Petras/Padilla thing is a weird outlier. While we are always a somewhat low scoring team that milks the clock the offense did go off the cliff the last two years. Like I've said before, a QB cannot win a game by himself but he can lose a game by himself. We'll soon see if it was the coaching or just overrated players that turned into liabilities.

There's no debating that Franklin is a classless ass, and so NO I would not want him as our coach. Between faking injuries, (which has been acknowledged by several other teams, not just Iowa), to some of his other stunts, Like calling a punt block with a 50 point lead on Akron in the last couple of minutes of their game, he's the biggest douche bag in the league now that Dantonio is gone.....
No other teams said anything about faking injuries. Your whole offense faked a season long injury this year.

You are so desperate for a receiver you are looking at a guy who had two catches in three years at psu. Walk ons passed him. He will fit right in with Kirk.

No other teams said anything about faking injuries. Your whole offense faked a season long injury this year.

You are so desperate for a receiver you are looking at a guy who had two catches in three years at psu. Walk ons passed him. He will fit right in with Kirk.
What are you bragging about ? We kicked your ass the last time we played you ! Stop crying Dude .

Reactions: Bishop1971
Don't kid yourself, Kirk is also an arrogant, sanctimonious ass... He just packages it differently. Considering we are all flawed humans I'm willing to turn a blind eye on the moral judgements as long as the coach is doing his all within the rules to put the best team on the field possible. That is far from the case with the Ferentz Family First policy Iowa has been operating under for quite awhile now. F that family if they can't do the right thing on their own

Last edited:
Don't kid yourself, Kirk is also an arrogant, sanctimonious ass... He just packages it differently. Considering we are all flawed humans I'm willing to turn a blind eye on the moral judgements as long as the coach is doing his all within the rules to put the best team on the field possible. That is far from the case with the Ferentz Family First policy Iowa had been operating under for quite awhile now. F that family if they can't do the right thing
You are as wrong as you can be about Kirk. Your troll line is getting old .

Brian is like a cat, he has 9 lives. He will be OC as long as Kirk is HC. There may be a few tweaks in the offense, but we will continue to be a pocket pro-style offense favoring the run game with an emphasis on the TE in the passing game. Our defense and punt game will be expected to win the game.

Reactions: chuck285
Don't kid yourself, Kirk is also an arrogant, sanctimonious ass... He just packages it differently. Considering we are all flawed humans I'm willing to turn a blind eye on the moral judgements as long as the coach is doing his all within the rules to put the best team on the field possible. That is far from the case with the Ferentz Family First policy Iowa has been operating under for quite awhile now. F that family if they can't do the right thing on their own
Sorry you feel that way Mr. Wadley.

Uh, BS, other teams most certainly did, and it was even talked about at the NCAA rules committee meeting. People talked about putting in the "Penn State rule" to stop this shit. And your comment about the Akron mess? Because that most certainly happened. Even your own local press guys grilled his ass after the game about why in the hell he'd do something like that.....

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeFakeID
Uh, BS, other teams most certainly did, and it was even talked about at the NCAA rules committee meeting. People talked about putting in the "Penn State rule" to stop this shit. And your comment about the Akron mess? Because that most certainly happened. Even your own local press guys grilled his ass after the game about why in the hell he'd do something like that.....
The good news is that these recent things are pushing his Vanderbilt thing further back. Read up on that one some time. ‘Class’….. lol

Funny I don't hear 99% of the players or any staff stating that or anyone Kirk has encountered in public life. Can you illustrate some instances or you just talking about his press conferences where he hurts your feelings?

Reactions: Bishop1971
None of the people that matter. The donors, whose opinions do matter, are not happy. Most of the larger corporate level donors/marketers just want to be affiliated with Iowa. But the large individual donors, many of whom are ex-players from different eras, do not like the ridicule the offense took last season on a national basis. But they mostly like Brian personally as well. The Petras/Padilla thing is a weird outlier. While we are always a somewhat low scoring team that milks the clock the offense did go off the cliff the last two years. Like I've said before, a QB cannot win a game by himself but he can lose a game by himself. We'll soon see if it was the coaching or just overrated players that turned into liabilities.
Ken O Keefe evaluated those two QBs you mentioned and put his approval on them. Kirk chooses who starts at QB. It is Kirk's offensive framework that Brian has to work within. Kirk chose an inexperienced DT to become our starting Center last season. I think our OL recruiting got wrecked by Tim Polasek and we haven't recovered yet.

ADVERTISEMENT