ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Dottin - Penn State WR in portal

Assuming no coaching changes I think everyone in the Athletic Dept and their periphery understand this is Brian and Barnett's last chance. Their seats are the hottest of anyone in the country. Barnett has youth and injuries and Brian has the P & P shit show as excuses or explanations. This upcoming season will determine which.

The offense took a nosedive with Petras and Padilla. The line play worsened in Barnett's two seasons. The line is now experienced and, with the exception of right tackle, returns every other starter. Since Plumb was the worst lineman a good coach should be able to improve that position, albeit through a plan B with the SE Polk defection. Desperation is the real mother of invention.
Polasek killed our OL recruiting. Still recovering from him.

Reactions: Bishop1971
the hype before last season had me convinced wick was going to be at least as good as abredacadris (sp?)
unfunniest prank of 2022 was the wick hype. that said, he did have a rusty robot throwing to him.
I think I remember him having one drop against ISU and I am not sure I ever saw him again.

What do you mean by that?
It means people who make large personal donations, or are responsible for businesses doing so are now grumbling much louder about the offensive situation. Those are the people that count the most in causing Iowa to change.

For example, these are the guys that hated Alford by the end of season 3. He wasn't winning and he was an asshole who just kept digging. The $ people bitched, more with each passing season. That's why the really talented '06 team, that flamed out in the NCAA did nothing to slow down the attacks.

It means people who make large personal donations, or are responsible for businesses doing so are now grumbling much louder about the offensive situation. Those are the people that count the most in causing Iowa to change.

For example, these are the guys that hated Alford by the end of season 3. He wasn't winning and he was an asshole who just kept digging. The $ people bitched, more with each passing season. That's why the really talented '06 team, that flamed out in the NCAA did nothing to slow down the attacks.
What happens when even the rich people are diluted by tv revenue in the future?

Ken O Keefe evaluated those two QBs you mentioned and put his approval on them. Kirk chooses who starts at QB. It is Kirk's offensive framework that Brian has to work within. Kirk chose an inexperienced DT to become our starting Center last season. I think our OL recruiting got wrecked by Tim Polasek and we haven't recovered yet.
Actually, I believe, the senior/rs Junior OL class would have been Morgan's last recruiting year. Lots of misses in-state.

I will take Kirk over Franklin any day of the week. Franklin is a world class ass hat. If you wanna win that bad we are different kind of people.

Maybe their WR coach didn't like having his guys fake injuries.
Didn’t say I wanted Franklin as our head coach, nor that he was a better person than KF. But nice projection. You’re getting better and better at it.

Winning is literally the only thing that matters. What do you prioritize over winning?
I think you are ALMOST right. Winning fairly is the important thing. If you disagree, then that means you thought Wiscy BB guy that grabbed nuts and undercut people while airborne is perfectly fine.

Reactions: Bishop1971
What happens when even the rich people are diluted by tv revenue in the future?
Well, I could give you a long political/social/economic recapitulation on the perils of gigantism (e.g. you could negotiate with your local banker in 1973 but good luck negotiating with Wells Fargo or an even bigger bank in 2023) but it's shorter to say we're really ****ed.

I don't think Iowa will be playing major football in 20 years, maybe 30. Once NIL lets the mega donors (fabulously wealthy like Gates or Musk) and big media businesses run the show there won't be any room for places like Iowa and the money spent on football here will just be seen as wasted. People will only watch the Washington Generals for so long.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT