ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Gervase

XNbE0B1C

FKe2TlZXsAILkSl

When I think of Jake I just remember that crazy INT in the bowl game vs Miss State. Their WR somehow just popped the ball in the air and we got lucky on that one but Jake in right place at right time! Not bad for a 2 star from Iowa, hard work, dedication and grit to get the league and now a great chance at a SB ring!

When I think of Jake I just remember that crazy INT in the bowl game vs Miss State. Their WR somehow just popped the ball in the air and we got lucky on that one but Jake in right place at right time! Not bad for a 2 star from Iowa, hard work, dedication and grit to get the league and now a great chance at a SB ring!
Matt Hankins doesn't get the credit he deserves for that game. He got a finger on that ball and caused it to wobble just enough to be a difficult catch.

He also chased down a WR to stop him at the 1-yard line, where we ended up forcing a FG.

Matt Hankins doesn't get the credit he deserves for that game. He got a finger on that ball and caused it to wobble just enough to be a difficult catch.

He also chased down a WR to stop him at the 1-yard line, where we ended up forcing a FG.
You make an excellent point and I almost forgot about that, yep! In slow mo, that ball is tipped ever so slightly, just breaking the WR concentration and resulting in that INT. Yep, the other drive he chased the guy down, they get a false start penalty and then are stopped via goal line stand for no points, huge turning point!

Reactions: HungryHawk

Yep, holding them to a field goal was huge. Sometimes making a tackle at the 1 doesn’t seem like a big deal, but you never know what might come next.

Reactions: HungryHawk

Matt's day in sun? Working on Sunday next. Tough Hawk. Phil and hard-working Hawks go places. Why no raise for Phil? Did Oc and Ad get raises yet?

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
So, how many ex-Hawks are involved this Sunday? I thought our center circa 2016 went to Cincinnati, but he may be long gone. Cannot remember his name.

Does Gervase start, or is he a backup? at any rate, it is good to see in the last few years a decent handfull of ex-Hawks playing in the big game and some of them getting rings. Maybe Gervase will have one after Sunday.

So, how many ex-Hawks are involved this Sunday? I thought our center circa 2016 went to Cincinnati, but he may be long gone. Cannot remember his name.

Does Gervase start, or is he a backup? at any rate, it is good to see in the last few years a decent handfull of ex-Hawks playing in the big game and some of them getting rings. Maybe Gervase will have one after Sunday.
Last I knew was only playing special teams. But in the playoff game against Arizona it appears he was on the field during the pick six.

For the Bengals, Reiff is on IR and Mike Daniels is on the Practice Squad, probably some kind of COVID vet exemption.

The Rams signed Waddle back just before the playoffs so Gervase will probably be just special teams, they only called him up from practice squad in January.

Not just that play (which, as noted, was mainly due to Hankins), but he was fantastic all game in that Outback Bowl. I think that's the one game that helped him land an NFL job the most.

EDIT: I didn't realize this, but not surprised...

Yep, holding them to a field goal was huge. Sometimes making a tackle at the 1 doesn’t seem like a big deal, but you never know what might come next.

You are so correct. Not many people mentioned it at the time but you remember the amazing comeback against Indiana in 2009. Ricky 'Pick 6' Stanzi had 3 first half INTs and the 3 one looked to be a pick six that would have put Indiana up something like 28 to 7. But I think it was the fullback on the field for the hawks just hustled his butt off and pushed the interceptor out about the Iowa 4 yard line.

A play or two later the pin ball amazing 95 yard pick six by Tyler Sash just totally turned that game around into almost an Iowa rout.

As much as Kirk's hawks are known for putting Off linemen and tight ends in the league I would say there have been a whole bunch of defenders from all positions who have made the NFL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT