ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Embry leaving Iowa football program

Apr 8, 2003
IOWA CITY, Iowa - - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Wednesday that defensive back Jalen Embry will transfer from the Hawkeye football program.

“Jalen Embry has decided to leave the football team,” said Ferentz. “Jalen has elected to continue his academic and football career at a junior college and leaves Iowa in good standing; both academically and through his citizenship. Our staff and Jalen’s teammates wish him the best.”

Embry is a native of Detroit, Michigan, where he attended King High School. He redshirted in 2014.

I know a CB was hoping to commit to Iowa with interest from ucla and another big school but 2 other had committed just few days prior and Iowa told him they were full at CB. With embry leaving leaves another scholly in defensive backfield. Iowa still in the mix for the player (whose name I can't remember) or has that ship sailed?

IOWA CITY, Iowa - - University of Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz announced Wednesday that defensive back Jalen Embry will transfer from the Hawkeye football program.

“Jalen Embry has decided to leave the football team,” said Ferentz. “Jalen has elected to continue his academic and football career at a junior college and leaves Iowa in good standing; both academically and through his citizenship. Our staff and Jalen’s teammates wish him the best.”

Embry is a native of Detroit, Michigan, where he attended King High School. He redshirted in 2014.
I am somewhat surprised to see that he is leaving after he hung in there all year after not being eligible. I also hate to see him leave because his senior video was very good and I thought he had a lot of potential.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT