ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin

hawkbleeder

HR Legend
Jul 18, 2002
This guy clearly has done a terrific job at PSU but is really starting to grate on me. Today he iced Georgia State's kicker with a few seconds to go and his team up 56-0. The kid made the one that didn't count and then obviously missed the one that did count. All I can say is what a complete ahole to do something like that.

This guy clearly has done a terrific job at PSU but is really starting to grate on me. Today he iced Georgia State's kicker with a few seconds to go and his team up 56-0. The kid made the one that didn't count and then obviously missed the one that did count. All I can say is what a complete ahole to do something like that.

I agree, that was the epitome of low class coaching.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

Douche bag, nozzle included

This time last year the guy to put nicely his job was really on the hot seat. He has a good year and all of a sudden he's as arrogant as can be. The guys shooting toward the top of my B1G coaches hate list. Currently Fleck, Franklin,Harbaugh,Meyer.

And you could see that Franklin was pissed that the guy was going to kick it. Contrast that image, to KF taking a knee at the one yard line to end the game Saturday and not go up 37-14. Never been his style to pile on a meaningless score. I'll bet there were a few upset folks who bet on the 21 point line though.....:eek:

And you could see that Franklin was pissed that the guy was going to kick it. Contrast that image, to KF taking a knee at the one yard line to end the game Saturday and not go up 37-14. Never been his style to pile on a meaningless score. I'll bet there were a few upset folks who bet on the 21 point line though.....:eek:
a meaningless score? like a FG when you're down 56?

James said: We had our fourth team on the field and we don’t have a fourth team field goal block or really even know how to get lined up with the mix and matched guys we had in there so we called a timeout to get the second team field goal block in there and that’s just how it played out to be honest with you.

Cmon, If you don't think icing a kicker when your up 56-0 is a douche move , I don't know what to say. You could tell by his demeanor that Franklin was pissed too. I mean, why the hell should he care that they kick a field goal there? It almost made them look stupid for even kicking it. I'd have loved to hear what they said at midfield after the game though. They shook hands,(firmly) for several seconds and there were some words both ways.

James said: We had our fourth team on the field and we don’t have a fourth team field goal block or really even know how to get lined up with the mix and matched guys we had in there so we called a timeout to get the second team field goal block in there and that’s just how it played out to be honest with you.
I'll call BS on Franklin covering his ass on that one. Go back and watch the last 30 seconds. He was FUMING, going up and down the sidelines when they lined up for the field goal. Of course just like he presser after last weeks game, his statement just makes it worse.

Lame

Yeah sure

Ted Kennedy would have been proud of that cover story.

You are talking about Georgia Fricking State for crying out loud. They have not been playing football that long. A field goal to them could be a huge morale booster.

Franklin was a dick for calling time out. PSU's holier than though attitude is disturbing.They did not pay enough for their transgressions. The Big is culpable too by giving them night games and all the pub.

Reactions: HawkGem11
Franklin showed no class after their game with PITT too. With that being said, they routed us last year and we have a lot to improve on to reverse the outcome next Saturday

Narduzzi doesn't deserve it. He is a complete clown and has tried to make James look bad multiple times over the years with lies and classless statements.

Reactions: John DeMarco
An old fellow once told me that if you want my team to pump the brakes, you do the same . I have to let up with a big lead, you go easy too.
It's football , it's a rough collision sport and going to easy can get folks hurt. Play until the end or let the clock run out.

Reactions: Creek Side
I bet BF waa in KF ear begging him to run ome more play.

An old fellow once told me that if you want my team to pump the brakes, you do the same . I have to let up with a big lead, you go easy too.
It's football , it's a rough collision sport and going to easy can get folks hurt. Play until the end or let the clock run out.

you play the game for 60 minutes.
and if you want 3 points that bad, tell your kicker to make the damned kick

What complete and utter baloney. The reporter should have followed up that question with "What do you think the significance of having 3 points scored against you, while up by 56, would have been?"

Bring on his icing attempts. Miguel laughs whenever coaches do that to him 'cuz he looks at as a him getting into the minds of the opposing coach since they're desperate enough to waste a precious timeout; he looks at it as more time to chill with his teammates ; )

Narduzzi doesn't deserve it. He is a complete clown and has tried to make James look bad multiple times over the years with lies and classless statements.
Oh yeah, and Franklin is just the epitome of class.

To be fair I think many football coaches in general have that arrogance/stubborn nature in them. Franklin is a good villain and he's talked a big game since a bunch of you guys were calling for his head after that Michigan game. He's had a good year. Now let's see if he can keep it up and prove some consistency now.

What complete and utter baloney. The reporter should have followed up that question with "What do you think the significance of having 3 points scored against you, while up by 56, would have been?"

Bring on his icing attempts. Miguel laughs whenever coaches do that to him 'cuz he looks at as a him getting into the minds of the opposing coach since they're desperate enough to waste a precious timeout; he looks at it as more time to chill with his teammates ; )
Congrats on Miguel's performance and his fighting through adversity to get there. He's already learned great life lessons that will serve him and his confidence well down the road.

Penn State had their fourth string defense on the field. They did not have their second string special teams ready for the field goal so they had to call a timeout and get their Special teams ready.

Reactions: Willie Lump
Penn State had their fourth string defense on the field. They did not have their second string special teams ready for the field goal so they had to call a timeout and get their Special teams ready.
Keep trying to rationalize a douche move if you want. What would have been the significance if they had kicked it against your BAND for christ sake? They would have got three points! Again, go back and watch the last minute of the game. Franklin was PISSED that the guy was going to line up for the kick. You could see it clearly in his face, and they way he moved down the sideline. He had that "O you think your going to score on us" look on his face. Honestly him justifying it with his statement is even worse. He even stated they didn't have their block team in there. So it was important to try to block their attempt, when your up 56-0? There's such a thing as winning with grace as well.

Franklin is the same guy who won't hire an assistant coach if he feels that guy's wife isn't attractive enough. Something about having confidence to go after bimbos. He's a win-at-all-cost type of guy. He'll probably cover up more rapes and such just like he did at Vandy. I guess that's why they like him so much at psu.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT