ADVERTISEMENT

Jan 6 commision

After seeing some of the Barr footage...

Anybody reevaluating their opinion of him?

He was characterized as a Trump stooge but certainly doesn't come across that way in his interviews.
No. He looks even worse to me. He enabled Trump with his directives to chase down non existent fraud. He fudged up the Mueller Report. He fudged up the Flynn prosecution. He swept Lafayette Park clean for a photo op.
He knew the whole administration was BS, but he enabled and played along because he liked the power and wanted to create a more robust DoJ under a more robust Executive Branch. Only when the place was going up in flames did he find his honor and resign.
Hopefully one thing we learn is that the AG should be a non political appointee. The AG and head of top intel agencies should be like the FBI. A term not conditional on an election. There should be protections against random firings, too. Barr was a giant tool of an AG.

The only people who care about January 6th are patriotic Americans who care about our constitution and the threat that Trumpkins pose to our democracy.
Which turns out is 6% of the population. A lot less today.

Look, I’m a right leaning Indy and I do care. I watched. I hate Trump and have never and will never cast a vote for him. But unless Trump is charged with something or is somehow deemed ineligible to hold public office ever again, it’s just political theater. Those that should be or need to watch, aren’t.

Their statements were taken out of context, and the real facts were ignored. Or, they will run with the ih talking point that yes, there was a violent insurrection, but, it's the fault of Nancy Pelosi for calling out the national guard. I'm not sure how she was supposed to do that, but, it's just enough for the knuckle draggers of HROT to just throw her name out there.
I didn't realize that Nancy had "commander-in-chief" powers to call out the national guard. Since Trump was missing in action the afternoon of January 6th perhaps that's why requests for help to General Milley came from VP Pence. Oops, almost forgot, Trump didn't have time as he was busy preparing his video for the rioters telling them "that he loved them and they were special!"

Which turns out is 6% of the population. A lot less today.

Look, I’m a right leaning Indy and I do care. I watched. I hate Trump and have never and will never cast a vote for him. But unless Trump is charged with something or is somehow deemed ineligible to hold public office ever again, it’s just political theater. Those that should be or need to watch, aren’t.
Raising money from fraudulent information is a crime. To me, this is the most obvious thing for which he should be charged.

Raising money from fraudulent information is a crime. To me, this is the most obvious thing for which he should be charged.

It's interesting, it's almost like they're handling this like a mob boss where they jail them over financial issues rather than the really bad stuff they've done. I don't really care, get him for whatever you can.

I didn't realize that Nancy had "commander-in-chief" powers to call out the national guard. Since Trump was missing in action the afternoon of January 6th perhaps that's why requests for help to General Milley came from VP Pence. Oops, almost forgot, Trump didn't have time as he was busy preparing his video for the rioters telling them "that he loved them and they were special!"
Who has the decision making ability on security levels in the event planning?

It’s an honest question that the committee needs to uncover

Who has the decision making ability on security levels in the event planning?

It’s an honest question that the committee needs to uncover
ihhawk - I just want to thank you for asking the real questions and trying to keep what's important in focus here. Without NCHawk's contributions I was worried that we would be lost. You've done a great job stepping into the role. Keep the important questions coming!

So evidently there is the “blue team” that as tasked to investigate pre 6th security. Hopefully they get to release their findings

Reactions: SIXERS24
ihhawk - I just want to thank you for asking the real questions and trying to keep what's important in focus here. Without NCHawk's contributions I was worried that we would be lost. You've done a great job stepping into the role. Keep the important questions coming!
It’s also good to see that the committee has a team called the Blue team that investigated the items I asked about.

I guess it is more than “get the orange turd” after all

It’s also good to see that the committee has a team called the Blue team that investigated the items I asked about.

I guess it is more than “get the orange turd” after all
Again - Thanks for keeping us focused on what is important.

Reactions: HawkMD
I was fascinated by the video of all of the grifting the Trump's have done off of the Big Lie.
Then I had a chuckle thinking of all the times ih, Northern, Pepsi... Punched the donate tab.
$250,000,000 suckers donated to the Official Election Defense Fund, a fund that never existed.

Last edited:
Nice to see ih being the Rudy Guiliani of this thread. Talking like an old wino on the street. Something is clearly illegal, but it’s okay because an old wino told you it was okay.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Nice to see ih being the Rudy Guiliani of this thread. Talking like an old wino on the street. Something is clearly illegal, but it’s okay because an old wino told you it was okay.
I don’t understand your post. I’m not defending any of Trumps actions on Jan 6th.
I ask a simple question about if they were going to highlight the security breakdown and you guys can’t get off your Trump line of thinking.
I then research and post an article about how the Blue team is was asked to investigate the security failure and you blame me for “distracting”.

do you want the committee to only publish the Trump information?

After seeing some of the Barr footage...

Anybody reevaluating their opinion of him?

He was characterized as a Trump stooge but certainly doesn't come across that way in his interviews.

He was smart enough to know when to jump ship. He's an attorney and knows what happens when ethics trashed, ala Guliani. He told the Orange Turd the truth, which the Turd ignored.

Reactions: lucas80 and HawkMD
I don’t understand your post. I’m not defending any of Trumps actions on Jan 6th.
I ask a simple question about if they were going to highlight the security breakdown and you guys can’t get off your Trump line of thinking.
I then research and post an article about how the Blue team is was asked to investigate the security failure and you blame me for “distracting”.

Let me guess, you also want to know what everyone had to eat for dinner that night.

According to the preliminary results, ABC drew 4.88 million viewers, followed by MSNBC with 4.16 million, NBC with 3.56 million, CBS with 3.37 million, CNN with 2.62 million, Fox Business Network with 223,128, CNBC with 158,439, Newsmax with 137,268 and NewsNation with 59,580.

The State of the Union was 38 million
I did read somewhere that the 20 million number doesn't include folks that watched it on streaming services. Not sure if that's accurate or not. I watched, but it was on YoutubeTV.

Reactions: RileyHawk

You also completely ignore the answers provided. Trump refused to call out the NG, Pence had to do it. The NG was not requested by Trump prior to the protest as he did with BLM. Nancy Pelosi has no control over the Capitol Police.

Also, they had barriers set up around the perimeter. Obviously they did not anticipate an insurrection attempt.

Reactions: BGHAWK
This is hilarious. Stock market in shambles, prices completely out of control on the brink of a recession and housing crisis. Meanwhile the Dims put on this stupid event like anyone cares.

He was smart enough to know when to jump ship. He's an attorney and knows what happens when ethics trashed, ala Guliani. He told the Orange Turd the truth, which the Turd ignored.

Bill Barr carried trump's water for years. If he was so concerned with truth and justice, he could have said something a couple of years ago. He's a little too late to save his sorry performance as attorney general.

After 250 years of peaceful transitions, they didn't figure on a wannabe dictator would encourage a few thousand thugs to storm the capitol. You are sorry!

This is hilarious. Stock market in shambles, prices completely out of control on the brink of a recession and housing crisis. Meanwhile the Dims put on this stupid event like anyone cares.

We all realize you love trump. That tells us all we need to know.

Any highlights or lowlights from today? Didn’t watch because, you know, work.

I had it on in the background. Video of former AG Barr testimony describing his interactions with White House following the election including the DOJ examining the cases being brought by Trump campaign attorneys. Committee was establishing that Trump knew his claims about election fraud were lies (testimony from former White House and Trump campaign officials). Toward the end, they showed what they had on Trump fundraising for a supposedly non-existent Trump Defense Fund (that is paraphrased from memory). Looks like they believe they have a lot of evidence of financial crimes if DOJ wants to pursue that.

ADVERTISEMENT