ADVERTISEMENT

Jan. 6 panel subpoenas McCarthy, four other GOP lawmakers

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
WASHINGTON (AP) — House investigators said Thursday they have issued subpoenas to House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy and four other GOP lawmakers as part of their probe into the violent Jan. 6 insurrection, an extraordinary step that has little precedent and is certain to further inflame partisan tensions over the 2021 attack.
The Jan. 6 panel's subpoenas for McCarthy, R-Calif., and Republican Reps. Jim Jordan of Ohio, Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, Andy Biggs of Arizona and Mo Brooks of Alabama come as the investigation is winding down and as the panel prepares for a series of public hearings this summer.
The committee has been investigating McCarthy's conversations with then-President Donald Trump the day of the attack and meetings that the four other lawmakers had with the White House as Trump and his aides conspired how to overturn his defeat. They have been debating for months over whether to issue the subpoenas.

Congressional subpoenas for sitting members of Congress, especially for a party leader, are almost without precedent in recent decades. The panel had previously asked for voluntary cooperation from the five men, along with a handful of other GOP lawmakers, but all of them refused to speak with the panel.

"These members include those who participated in meetings at the White House, those who had direct conversations with President Trump leading up to and during the attack on the Capitol, and those who were involved in the planning and coordination of certain activities on and before January 6th," the committee said as it announced the subpoenas.

The truth that comes out this summer won't change how our board righties vote in the least. The truth no longer matters to them. I'm telling you, Nixon wouldn't have had to resign if that happened nowadays..
I don't think it moves the needle till indictments start getting handed down.

I don't think it moves the needle till indictments start getting handed down.
For 30% it isn't going to matter. Republican administrations consistently have members arrested, indicted, sent to prison and compared to Democrat administrations it's not even remotely close. It doesn't stop people from voting for these a-holes. I keep saying, Trump was dead on when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th Ave and his base would never leave him. He literally had Americans hit with tear gas AND also according to his defense secretary, ask if he could have protestors shot! HOW THE EFF does that not "move the needle"???
Let me say it again, Trump was wanting to know if he could have Americans shot who were exercising their 1st amendment rights. No biggie.

One of the numnuts on here tried comparing that with vaccine requirements. What the everliving hell?

For 30% it isn't going to matter. Republican administrations consistently have members arrested, indicted, sent to prison and compared to Democrat administrations it's not even remotely close. It doesn't stop people from voting for these a-holes. I keep saying, Trump was dead on when he said he could shoot somebody on 5th Ave and his base would never leave him. He literally had Americans hit with tear gas AND also according to his defense secretary, ask if he could have protestors shot! HOW THE EFF does that not "move the needle"???
Let me say it again, Trump was wanting to know if he could have Americans shot who were exercising their 1st amendment rights. No biggie.

One of the numnuts on here tried comparing that with vaccine requirements. What the everliving hell?
The 30% doesn't matter much....it is what it is.

Have to move the needle for that 10-15% swing vote in the middle.

Only have to shift a few percentage points to make a big difference in the mid-terms.

The problem is Jan 6 has basically been beaten to death....it's brought up constantly...have to have some indictments. If not....it's a meh burger.

Reactions: NCHawk5

Only have to shift a few percentage points to make a big difference in the mid-terms.

The problem is Jan 6 has basically been beaten to death....it's brought up constantly...have to have some indictments. If not....it's a meh burger.
You're right and it's the thing that I see democratic voters the most pissed about online - everybody knows what some of these people did during 1/6 and Garland hasn't indicted anybody of significance. How is Ginny Thomas not in jail? Josh Hawley? Ted Cruz? The frustration is that they can do anything they want with no consequences. We know it. They know it. Here we are.

If we wake up some day and abby, Northern, Kee, RN, iihawk, goldie, faulty were all correct about everything that's been happening and I am completely wrong about everything my eyes and ears say, then I will stay and take every bit of shit I deserve to take from them. I just can't see how I can possibly be wrong about these people. How can I possibly be wrong about Marjorie Taylor Greene? Boebert? Gosar? Gaetz?

Sorry to go on a tangent.

Last edited:
You're right and it's the thing that I see democratic voters the most pissed about online - everybody knows what some of these people did during 1/6 and Garland hasn't indicted anybody of significance. How is Ginny Thomas not in jail? Josh Hawley? Ted Cruz? The frustration is that they can do anything they want with no consequences. We know it. They know it. Here we are.

If we wake up some day and abby, Northern, Kee, RN, iihawk, goldie, faulty were all correct about everything that's been happening and I am completely wrong about everything my eyes and ears say, then I will stay and take every bit of shit I deserve to take from them. I just can't see how I can possibly be wrong about these people. How can I possibly be wrong about Marjorie Taylor Greene? Boebert? Gosar.

I'm pretty confident if they find something indictable Garland will indict.

I

Reactions: Tom Paris
Perry, McCarthy, Jordan and the rest of these clowns keep referring to the January 6th Select Committee as an illegitimate body. That's complete rubbish. It was approved and sanctioned by a vote of the entire House of Representatives. All of these subpoenaed Republican House members were previously given an opportunity to appear and testify freely before the Select Committee but they refused. Now they're screaming foul over the subpoenas. They apparently fear testifying under oath which obviously begs the question: "what are they trying to hide?"

Dems already got that swing vote in 2020. Many are not enjoying the show that’s been put on so far. You can only blame so much on others before Americans call bs, and bs has been called. Virtually anyone other than Trump rolls to victory in 2024 if Biden is the nominee.

If we wake up some day and abby, Northern, Kee, RN, iihawk, goldie, faulty were all correct about everything that's been happening and I am completely wrong about everything my eyes and ears say, then I will stay and take every bit of shit I deserve to take from them. I just can't see how I can possibly be wrong about these people. How can I possibly be wrong about Marjorie Taylor Greene? Boebert? Gosar? Gaetz?

Just don’t confuse despicable unamerican behavior with indictable criminal behavior. You brought up Ginny Thomas….what exact do you charge her with?

If you separate the two maybe your disappointment with the lack of indictments will be less….

Dems already got that swing vote in 2020. Many are not enjoying the show that’s been put on so far. You can only blame so much on others before Americans call bs, and bs has been called. Virtually anyone other than Trump rolls to victory in 2024 if Biden is the nominee.
Lot of things can change in two years but…Joe can’t run again. He’s past his prime and that isn’t gonna get better

You know this will be much like MTG’s testimony, right? There will be cases of amnesia coming real soon. Lots of I can’t remember or I don’t recall is coming.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT