ADVERTISEMENT

January 17

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
That is when classes begin. If we are going to get more portal visitors it will have to be in early January. I know Rouse may be a possibility, read his visit to Auburn went well. Not sure if there are any other prospects.

Saw Georgia got two top WR, Michigan 3 OL, interestinhing how some of the top teams get these commits in a week or two after they enter the portal. (tampering?)

Need WR, OL and maybe a LBer.

That is when classes begin. If we are going to get more portal visitors it will have to be in early January. I know Rouse may be a possibility, read his visit to Auburn went well. Not sure if there are any other prospects.

Saw Georgia got two top WR, Michigan 3 OL, interestinhing how some of the top teams get these commits in a week or two after they enter the portal. (tampering?)

They can start in the summer or fall as well. There is a second period in April.

So in case I missed it, did Iowa pick up anyone out of the portal besides Cade and ALL so far?

So who are those names in the portal that Iowa needs to get so they can win the national championship?.................

I'll wait.
I'd look but I'm to lazy. I still like teslaa and Anderson for wr. Seen some ot names pop up here on the board but if we actually get them is all about the recruiting and the players. There are some really good players available yet according to espn thing i watched but Iowa's need to seemingly drag there feet imo is annoying

No offense, but your credibility in the transfer portal has taken a big hit. But thanks for trying.
You don't have to tell me that. I'm literally pissed we haven't locked down guys they were/are recruiting and with Cades help also. Sounds like he's been working the portal guys according to the article that just came out.

Reactions: natchrlman
With the help of McNamara and All I hope we continue to go after Michigan’s portals hard. I’m sure that’s Iowa’s plan. Keeping a nice pipeline going with them would pay off. 🤞

Reactions: Bishop1971
I keep wondering if a disgruntled OL that’s pretty damn good will leave Michigan and head to the portal since they just landed three. A guy can dream can’t he. 😁

It surprises you the big boys get first picks?

Reactions: warriors dad

You can recruit the players you have made contact with. But no in-house visits, nor on campus visits... Players can commit, however they cannot sign until January 4th...i believe.

Hopefully next January we are treated with a new coaching staff with actual goals and recruit a full roster of D1 football players

I quoted a team goal of 7 offensive players weeks ago. They better make some moves and not because i mind being proven wrong but because they missed on so many opportunities to fill holes. McNamara and All are fantastic gets. How about a handful more. There has to be some really good wrs in that big of group. 1 or 2 would make a huge difference. Besides the ot position.

like the recruiting director of 247 sports said, with the portal players if you aren't tampering you are playing from behind

Hawkeye Insider article quotes as Iowa saving up to 5 more portal scholarships

My guess is just like any coaching changes any additional portal recruits will not be announced until after the bowl game. The portal recruits could be tied with those playing in the bowl game and Iowa doesn't want to affect the game. I would not be surprised that Iowa already has several lined up.

I quoted a team goal of 7 offensive players weeks ago. They better make some moves and not because i mind being proven wrong but because they missed on so many opportunities to fill holes. McNamara and All are fantastic gets. How about a handful more. There has to be some really good wrs in that big of group. 1 or 2 would make a huge difference. Besides the ot position.
You have no idea how many, if any players they missed on. Just because you may have liked them doesn't mean they were ever coming to Iowa, or that Iowa wanted them.

Saving with plans in place to fill most of those 5 scholarships, or hoping...?
According to the iowa recruiting coordinator or whatever his actual title is they are keeping up to 5 scholarship specifically for portal. Who and what is just conjecture on my part. I still see Rouse, teslaa, and Johnson as targets but teslaa and Johnson have been for awhile and rouse is based on who's following him on Twitter.

Reactions: hawktech
You have no idea how many, if any players they missed on. Just because you may have liked them doesn't mean they were ever coming to Iowa, or that Iowa wanted them.
I know a few that they were high on and a couple they were looking at on offense. Also know a few they are/were looking at on d but definitely would just be guessing who they are high on and have interest in us now. Johnson is the one guy I'm surprised hasn't committed yet.

With the help of McNamara and All I hope we continue to go after Michigan’s portals hard. I’m sure that’s Iowa’s plan. Keeping a nice pipeline going with them would pay off. 🤞
Roman Wilson….Let’s go!

I know a few that they were high on and a couple they were looking at on offense. Also know a few they are/were looking at on d but definitely would just be guessing who they are high on and have interest in us now. Johnson is the one guy I'm surprised hasn't committed yet.
I think GA Tech got a few new portal players and are pushing hard to keep Seth in the South and sign with GA Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT