ADVERTISEMENT

*****January 6th committee public hearings thread*****UPDATE: Transcripts released

Meh. A big fat nothing burger is what I expect. None of these people face any consequences. Half the population cheers them on, while the other half condemns them.

We'll all take about 15 mins for outrage, gotchas, whataboutisms, etc and then move on and argue about the next thing.

Get some sleep Chis, you’ve got a lot of work ahead of you tomorrow.
Here are some images of Chis throughout Thursday:

giddy-grin.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

5509785be92b9823da16a6f50a19490d.gif

It's sickening how so many Americans think a continuing coup of our government is so effing funny. Freedoms, that Republicans don't want us to have, are under constant attack now. We are getting closer and closer to a White Christian Nationalist authoritarian state, and this is all a big joke to some. The comedy of all of this is that Chis is mocked, and he is going to turn out to be the sane one.

It's sickening how so many Americans think a continuing coup of our government is so effing funny. Freedoms, that Republicans don't want us to have, are under constant attack now. We are getting closer and closer to a White Christian Nationalist authoritarian state, and this is all a big joke to some. The comedy of all of this is that Chis is mocked, and he is going to turn out to be the sane one.
Jan 6 wasn't funny but your post is....a little hyperbolic.

We're on the verge of a "White Christian Nationalist authoritarian state"?

Not even close...

Jan 6 wasn't funny but your post is....a little hyperbolic.

We're on the verge of a "White Christian Nationalist authoritarian state"?

Not even close...
Dude, you aren't paying attention then...at all. It's all in plain sight but you guys play your head in sand game. All I ask is you show me how what I am seeing and hearing from the cons isn't real. Just look at their BS since the school shooting. Look at how they vote on issues in the House. Look at red state laws with banning books, attacks on people they consider undesirable. It's constant and people like you tell me to just ignore it. That was done in another country 80 years ago.

You have MAGAs not even able to answer the question if slavery was bad. There are millions who think like this and are tapped into by Republican leaders.

But whatever, no biggie.

Dude, you aren't paying attention then...at all. It's all in plain sight but you guys play your head in sand game. All I ask is you show me how what I am seeing and hearing from the cons isn't real. Just look at their BS since the school shooting. Look at how they vote on issues in the House. Look at red state laws with banning books, attacks on people they consider undesirable. It's constant and people like you tell me to just ignore it. That was done in another country 80 years ago.

You have MAGAs not even able to answer the question if slavery was bad. There are millions who think like this and are tapped into by Republican leaders.

But whatever, no biggie.
Slavery was bad.

Q people bought into the fear bullshit also.

Pee is Q, Q is Pee.

But whatever, no biggie.
Fight the good fight Tom. More power to you....you're dedicated and I think you're genuine in your beliefs.

I just don't think we're on the verge of a "White Christian Nationalist authoritarian state"....just too over the top for me.

I voted for Biden because I wanted Orange man gone. I think it'd be a catastrophe if he was ever to get back in office.

That said....I think the D's blow things out of proportion and like the Republicans....I think they both suck.

Talk of getting rid of the filibuster, electoral college, packing the supreme court...wanting to determine what speech should be banned.....just doesn't sit well with me.

I don't like either party and I'd be happy with split government from now until one of these craptastic parties gets their shit together. Limit the damage either party can do.

That's where I'm at....

Last edited:
Another committee organized by the party in power to spend a ridiculous amount of money to investigate the other party. Never seen that before. These people are all nuts. I wish they would spend more time doing their jobs.

Is this the first time that a congressional investigation is on primetime TV? Why can’t they have it during the day like every other investigation deal?

I am all for prosecuting these people and what not but to make this a primetime event makes it look fishy from the outside lol. Like they are using this as a political tool right before the mid terms 🤔🤔

We have a decent amount of information about the events of January 6, 2021 (and I suspect we will receive a good deal more), but it is the evidentiary revelations of the planning and coordination in the weeks leading up to that day - all the actors involved and the strength of the evidence - where this committee will make its mark.

More than 1,000 cooperating witnesses and tens of thousands of documents is a mountain of information and evidence. How well can they connect dots? That's what has my interest.

Is this the first time that a congressional investigation is on primetime TV? Why can’t they have it during the day like every other investigation deal?

I am all for prosecuting these people and what not but to make this a primetime event makes it look fishy from the outside lol. Like they are using this as a political tool right before the mid terms 🤔🤔
The GOP negotiated in bad faith last year on a bipartisan commission BECAUSE they are literally in on the Insurrection as a whole. They also purposely delayed and stalled which is why we are this late into 2022.

Fight the good fight Tom. More power to you....you're dedicated and I think you're genuine in your beliefs.

I just don't think we're on the verge of a "White Christian Nationalist authoritarian state"....just too over the top for me.

I voted for Biden because I wanted Orange man gone. I think it'd be a catastrophe if he was ever to get back in office.

That said....I think the D's blow things out of proportion and like the Republicans....I think they both suck.

Talk of getting rid of the filibuster, electoral college, packing the supreme court...wanting to determine what speech should be banned.....just doesn't sit well with me.

I don't like either party and I'd be happy with split government from now until one of these craptastic parties gets their shit together. Limit the damage either party can do.

That's where I'm at....
I'm in the same place.

I think many, if not most, Republicans would flee to a different option if one was given. So the GOP politicians don't have the hold on their base they think they do...there are many, like me, who are just waiting for a viable candidate. I chose to not vote, others just vote party line in the mean time.

Furthermore, MANY Republicans aren't paying close enough attention to what's going on--constant onslaught twitter "news" like Chis and Co., so they don't even have a clue of much of the dipshittery ongoing.

Well, if the GOP wins the house and senate in November there will be non-stop investigations for the following 24 months. Be prepared for that. The roles will be reversed. Don't bitch when that starts happening.

After a month of Amber Heard bed pooping stories, this is gonna be quite a let down. They should involve the Kardashians and last year’s Big Brother winner somehow. Maybe have Gordon Ramsey off to the side trying to teach Michael J Fox how to ice a wedding cake.

Hopefully we'll get the full story of all the events that led up to January 6th including the obvious efforts to overthrow the results of a free and fair election. Every American, regardless of party, should care about this because it was a direct assault on one of the basic tenants of our democracy - the peaceful transfer of power from one president to another.

Well, if the GOP wins the house and senate in November there will be non-stop investigations for the following 24 months. Be prepared for that. The roles will be reversed. Don't bitch when that starts happening.
The R’s are dipshits so you’re probably correct. Probably the dumbest thing they could do.

Smart play would be to pass on the investigations and pass moderate right legislation that Joe vetoes. (They won’t). Let Joe veto and aim for 2024.

They won’t, they’ll launch investigations that result in nada and lose the house or senate in 2024. Might win the executive depending who each party puts up.

Neither party realizes the need to pander to the middle 10-15% of the population. They just don’t get it…ever

That's where I'm at....
I want to see the Democrats actually get an opportunity to run their agenda without interference from do nothing cons. Give them a chance to prove everyone wrong. Every time they try to pass things the vast majority of Americans want, Cons filibuster so nothing gets done. Cons go on and on about everything that’s wrong but constantly vote against fixing said problems. Can’t protect children but they are fuming today demanding to protect their bought and paid for members of the SC.
People mostly don’t vote democrat because they’ve been misled for decades. Again, I say this as a former registered Republican.

The R’s are dipshits so you’re probably correct. Probably the dumbest thing they could do.

Smart play would be to pass on the investigations and pass moderate right legislation that Joe vetoes. (They won’t). Let Joe veto and aim for 2024.

They won’t, they’ll launch investigations that result in nada and lose the house or senate in 2024. Might win the executive depending who each party puts up.

Neither party realizes the need to pander to the middle 10-15% of the population. They just don’t get it…ever
And their investigations will be ACTUAL witch hunts.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I want to see the Democrats actually get an opportunity to run their agenda without interference from do nothing cons. Give them a chance to prove everyone wrong. Every time they try to pass things the vast majority of Americans want, Cons filibuster so nothing gets done. Cons go on and on about everything that’s wrong but constantly vote against fixing said problems. Can’t protect children but they are fuming today demanding to protect their bought and paid for members of the SC.
People mostly don’t vote democrat because they’ve been misled for decades. Again, I say this as a former registered Republican.
That's fair....I'd like to see the gun control bill go through but it won't.

Other than that...wasn't onboard with BBB (way too big) so mixed bag for me.

Agree. 30% want a King and too many others brush it off or don't care. Both groups are our whys.

ADVERTISEMENT